Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 div 2 motw week 18

what is your MOTW

• Knights v WRU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YG's v Stolo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamo v Nomads

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Marga v BCU

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yotes v Inter

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • SNOW takes all

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
you guys think we'll be playing this weekend....with our current forecast, i doubt it....otherwise us and inter would be a good match....also would be very nice if nomads could beat dynamo...but again....we'll see if games are even a go for week 18....with bc utd guaranteed dropping, will their guys even show? will marga get their first victory :rolleyes:?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the forecast of how much snow we're supposed to get today and tomorrow, I'd say no way it's gone before the weekend. I hope we do though, as I doubt anyone wants to go into their first cup game not having played in 3 weeks.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just seen the Coyotes roster, jimmy you stacked that one for sure. Everyone fall out with Rich? **** you guys are stacked lol, makes things more interesting i guess and imma predict you guys win provincials, no pressure :p
Hope our game goes ahead this this weekend.

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chris Kyd, Venny, Scott S and Scott M. lil kambere.. Great pick ups Jimmy. You guys gotta be the clear favorites for Pres Cup and Provincials.. Good luck. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon in league or Pres cup. (this week obviously not looking to great)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did they drop from Prem to D2? Wow. I don't know if I've seen that before. Most go the other way, like Inter, but to have the Prem teams best players drop to D2 is something else. I think more teams will be gunning for you guys than Inter now.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somethings not right their..... The skilled guys drop to div 2 and all the lettuce smoking hippie punks stay in premier? Its within the rules but just really weird.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think a lot of them weren't happy with ACBC, and with them playing Poco first round of Pak, being 3rd from bottom, and bottom in Soccer City cup i can understand why they left. I doubt there will be an ACBC team next year, SFC Guildford will probably take their spot whether it be by promotion or default next year. I spoke with someone early on in the year that said Chris and Scott M wanted to leave so they could play B provincials and Inter actually tried getting them both, so i guess congrats to Jimmy n the Coyotes for picking them up.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's just unfair

The way I see it, is now that they're D2, they can still play league games for D1 and with 6 points from their last 2 games that could keep them out of relegation. With being signed to D2 for cup, gives them a shot at winning something since apparently they can't win at a higher level?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I spoke with someone early on in the year that said Chris and Scott M wanted to leave so they could play B provincials and Inter actually tried getting them both, so i guess congrats to Jimmy n the Coyotes for picking them up.

Really? Their goal at the start of the year was to leave Prem to play in B provincials? Wow. Quite the competitors.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just seen the Coyotes roster, jimmy you stacked that one for sure. Everyone fall out with Rich? **** you guys are stacked lol, makes things more interesting i guess and imma predict you guys win provincials, no pressure :p
Hope our game goes ahead this this weekend.
no fall outs with rich. ive been struggling with numbers, with 28 guys signed i was getting 13 out to games if we were lucky, played nomads with 11 (with 3 call ups), wru with 12, young guns with 13, tied bc utd with 11 guys, marga with 12 (i know its marga but still poor showing)......guys getting hurt, going away here and there, other commitments. ive always kept squads at 19-20 in the past and this year ive missed guys the most with my biggest team yet....i needed some help and i found it. hopefully we can solidify a promotion spot, and once everyone is healthy we can try and make some lengthy cup runs. hoping no game this weekend as lots of injured guys still, definitely can use the much needed recovery time.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was told Rich is done with Soccer after this season, mb10 is right, their season is essentially lame duck. I'd see Guildford taking their spot and these guys will do everything in their power to help the Yotes win it all.

Is it in the rules? Yes
Is it in the spirit of the competition? No.
Am I going to whine about it? No.

having one or two guys drop down from their real level to play with friends etc is one thing, to have 3-5 guys drop from Prem to win a B-Cup & B-Provincials is another thing.

All the pressure now on Yotes to win it all.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I laughed at jimmy's explanation, we've been short guys and they were able to help. SFC has 37 (approximate) teams and you get the Premier teams best?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not laughing here, I think it's a stroke of genius. Good for the Yotes... I feel bad for guys like Kyd and Venny who've invested a good amount of time and effort into playing for ACBC over the last little while, but that is now looking like a house of cards... at the same time I feel bad for Venny and Kyd, it's slightly mystifying that they would want to drop all the way down to the D2 level, albeit with the ability to play a billion games a weekend now between Yotes, Guildford, and ACBC. They could have easily shipped off to another team that is at least competitive on A forms elsewhere in either the FVSL or VMSL.

Like I said, the pressure has been fully invited onto themselves by the Yotes, and now instead of looking like the only potential kryptonite to Inter, they have become the front running favorite...hopefully no wobbles happen in cup- a slip would be hard to explain away.

Also what does it say to the teammates etc? If PAU was near the bottom of the table in Prem and transferred a slew of players down to us Nomads so the club could make 1 run at 1 cup I would have a hard time telling my boys to park it on the bench to make way for "better" players.

There's the Club System- used well by good clubs, most specifically NFS/GEU this year and then there's the "Club System" (with a wink and a smile) used by SFC... which is essentially just a c"lub" as far as game permits/transfers and fields imho or in my perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0