Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 div 2 motw week 18

what is your MOTW

• Knights v WRU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YG's v Stolo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamo v Nomads

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Marga v BCU

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yotes v Inter

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • SNOW takes all

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happened to the NOMAD / ACBC relationship? THose clubs were pretty close a few years back weren't they? I used to play indoor with both during the week back when Nomads were based outta langley

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nomads relationship was/is friendly, no alliances or anything... Rich and I/kjohnsob got along great and still do.

We used to have friends on both sides, but xrestrictedx has moved onto GEU/NFS and carniehore is back with us. Johnny moved on (to Poco or Pomo) and since ACBC were playing in higher divs etc and their own club grew there was no need to share players etc in tourneys etc...

not much to say really.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You aren't Indie, you're WRU. Which means you're a club. and if you don't use the competitive benefits to your advantage, I think you're stupid. (With all due respect buddy ;) )
Posted by JBN
Also what does it say to the teammates etc? If PAU was near the bottom of the table in Prem and transferred a slew of players down to us Nomads so the club could make 1 run at 1 cup I would have a hard time telling my boys to park it on the bench to make way for "better" players

And so lies the problem every club system faces. Do you bench the ones you have made friends with all year long and step on some feelings, or do you get by with what you have... JBN, you called me "Stupid" earlier, and yet now you say you would even have troubles doing it hahaha. (With all do respect) :p

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No no no... pulling guys up etc and moving guys around is one thing...you were arguing against the club system at the time re: Guys going up, we are talking about Prem level standouts/allstars signing Division 2.

friends shmends... I'm not calling what the Yotes did bad or indifferent or anything. I'm stating it's brilliant/clever/and diabolical all at the same time to have a bunch of Prem guys drop, effectively neutering the ACBC prem team for their cup to improve their roster. I feel worst for ACBC to have to play Poco with their also-rans.

Did I manage to get all of those words out of both sides of my mouth clear enough Dude?...

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Coyotes will be stronger...duh..with the additions but it is really tough to sit guys who have played all year. There will be 'issues in the locker room' . What will Jimmy say next year when his transfers do not resign (bets anyone?) and he talks to his benched players and explains that it was for the 'betterment of the club' and please come back and sign--I won't do it to you again.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hhaha JBN you know im just giving you a hard time. Should make for a good cup team thats for sure! When did you guys get carniehore back???

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha Stall...

Canny came back to us quite a while back. I guess to me this was the writing on the wall for ACBC... If Canny was leaving "for good" I kind of figured something like this was inevitable (The mass exodus from ACBC) but I thought it would either be to other prem teams or at the end of the year.

The Yotes have both Scotty's now, Kyd, Venny and one of the Kamberes, that's 5 regulars from last seasons ACBC Starting XI IIRC.

I'm not sure that the Yotes would resign them for next year, regardless the Yotes are well positioned to earn promo to D1, ACBC doesn't look to get releagted from Prem and SFC Guildford are front runners for Prem Promotion, so lots of Prem/D1 SFC teams to pick from I guess...

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard from Guildford, having done very well scratching and clawing from div.3 to premier, for all that hard work the players are willing to sit on the bench and have a bunch of talented players platoon in and take their spot. Jimmy then phones them up and asks if they want to play on the Coyotes. Let the fun begin.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha Stall...

The Yotes have both Scotty's now, Kyd, Venny and one of the Kamberes, that's 5 regulars from last seasons ACBC Starting XI IIRC.

I'm not sure that the Yotes would resign them for next year, regardless the Yotes are well positioned to earn promo to D1, ACBC doesn't look to get releagted from Prem and SFC Guildford are front runners for Prem Promotion, so lots of Prem/D1 SFC teams to pick from I guess...

And the rest, Adriano Negri played for ACBC in there good days and he played PDL for Abby i believe too, and not sure who Erick Odour is but he scored against our prem team when we played them the 2nd time around.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard from Guildford, having done very well scratching and clawing from div.3 to premier, for all that hard work the players are willing to sit on the bench and have a bunch of talented players platoon in and take their spot. Jimmy then phones them up and asks if they want to play on the Coyotes. Let the fun begin.

you didnt do your scratching and clawing very well then. i didn't go out looking for the prem guys or calling them to all come and play for me, whoever told you this has no clue whats going on. simple as that. if guildford is going around telling other people that then they should really speak to me first. i transferred 4 guys from rich in november as we were sending guys up to help the prem team so we asked the prem guys if anyone of them wanted to play 2 games a week and help us out at the same time, there were a few takers....and as the deadline came around they stayed back and a few more of their teammates came along. we now have the depth to go far in cup, even if a couple guys get injured, get into card trouble, work/ other commitments. peg leg ask guildford if they talked to me about any of this because i can tell you they didn't but it doesn't matter. will i sign any of them next season, who knows, you'll see in august/september...as for right now, we're just looking forward to playing together. once the snow clears up hopefully we can get a training session in next week and just take it game by game.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I laughed at jimmy's explanation, we've been short guys and they were able to help. SFC has 37 (approximate) teams and you get the Premier teams best?

we were short guys. that second game we played you at ssap we had 3 div 4 guys, back up keeper, scott. to make 12 including me and another injured guy. that was when we had about 27 guys registered....at least now i should have 16-17 guys out every week.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really seeing any jealousy from anyone, just a few opinions.Hopefully Westview's a go this weekend
Doubt it bro, with upcoming freezing temperatures I highly doubt it, and AFAIK only city of surrey ploughs snow off turfs...unless things have changed this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0