Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie

Kensington #4 is at the Burnaby North School site. It is the grass field up behind Kensington Ice Rink.
The turf is being used for a youth tournament, so we get the grass, which is in awesome shape as only the little kids play on it.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA vs ST

It's not going to be a good match - CA will dismantle them. 4 or 5 to 1 ... another relatively easy win IMO.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a little Turf

I think they have some turf in the goal area, so your keeper (Mini-Me), won't get tripped up by the grass.

The field is nice, but a little small.

Go CA GO

HOS

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

You're thinking of the field behind the tennis courts. We are playing on the newly seeded fields in between the golf course and the clubhouse.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK

If you were playing "The Watcher" would have alot more space in which to exploit his opponents shortcomings. As it was I had to suffer with a fuzzy four foot out of shape Italian that couldn't control the ball as my mid-field partner. But none to fear there were a couple of other slow pokes at outside mid ready to help if I stuck a fire cracker in their buttocks.
One day "The Watcher will find a squad befitting his extraordinance. Maybe by then you'll be baaaaaaack.....................

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lame-Duck-Train!

I'm not sure which fcuking train you're talking about, but beleive me CN and CP provide better service! You guys are more like a wind-up toy. :)
Some summer training perhaps? Or Jenny Craig?

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW 1 JB"s 0

I would say a most even game. It would have been fitting if this one ended at 0-0. A late flick off the scalp of their forward seeled the deal. It wasn't the strongest of goals. Too bad! Maybe if our keeper was a mean son of a bitch then it wouldn't have happened. Oh well. It was a fun game as we had a few late chances. Lots of shots for both teams, but not many on net! Maybe one each! (remember, this is Div 2)

Ah well.

Just glad the Blaze aren't going anywhere....seeing as how they are soooo good and amazing! If they are so good why are they wasting their and everyone else's time playing in Div 2? I mean really, go blow yourselves Blaze! Fcuking little pukes. Go play in the FVSL if you are soooooo good.

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need to appologize. That was one of your more salient and succinct posts to date. ;)

And justified.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC 1: FF 0

What a game! The field was hard as a rock, but in decent condition. The ref wasn't bad either, never seen him before, but he did a decent job. Both teams played hard, gritty soccer for a full 90 minutes. Full marks to FF 'C' for showing total class during the game, and especially afterwards, inviting us up to their clubhouse to watch the hockey game and have some beers. We had our own cooler, but the offer was nice of them. FF is a solid team, and would hold their own in our div. The game was fairly even, I think we had a bit more possession, and we definitely had more quality scoring chances. We should've been up 3-0 at the half, if it weren't for our horrible finishing. We got a PK about 10 mins into the 2nd half, a deserving call, should've been a red for a professional foul, but we'll take the PK. FF played to their strengths all game, and nearly pulled even late in the game. Their only real scoring threats came in the last 15 mins, but we were able to hold them off. We should've scored 3-4 more in the second half, but again, couldn't buy a goal.

It was a bit intimidating having their sideline full of actual uniformed firefighters, you could feel the tension, as if something was gonna break out, but it never did. Kinda makes you wonder...shouldn't they be out fighting fires or something?! Nice to know our tax dollars are being well spent!

Anyways, looks like we're through to the semis and hopefully a rematch with the City Blaze. We've been looking forward to playing them for a while now, and I think we'll do well if we face them.

Go Cougs.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah you guys will do well like 2-0 instead of 5 or 6 nil. I don't think the blaze will be stopped from going to the final.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy, big bird. You almost sound bitter that we're still in the cup. The closest you're gonna get to the semis this year is watching from the touch lines. Hope you enjoy the view.

Go Cougs.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Route

Taj,

Given your relatively easy route to the semis this year, I wouldn't be boasting too much. :p However, if you guys end up beating the Blaze (assuming they beat Alemania), then you can trashtalk all you want and be entirely justified in doing so... :cool:

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taj,

Good on ya for winning the game.
Good luck in the semis.
But, I am getting tired of hearing how you should have been up by 3 or 4 before the half. According to your post you guys should be well ahead of CA in the goals for department.
Well, I guess you'll have to wait another week to find out who you play. I will venture to guess it will be City. I hope you guys beat them but I think that will be unlikely.

CA vs City in the final

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie, believe me, I get tired of writing it. But it's true, we have numerous breakaways, 2 on 1s, even 3 on 1s, and we can't finish to save our lives. Luckily we're solid on D ;) , which keeps us in games, but our strikers are brutal at times. I hope that changes soon, otherwise we're gonna have to rely solely on our D against City.

Go Cougs.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay;

I don't think tsenghera was trash talking and I don't think the Cougs do, I mean the only talking we seem to do is telling each other on the field to basically fkuc off. Teams have taken us likely, especially since we started off 0-4, but since then our record is pretty decent. We knew we weren't gonna get promoted, so we focussed on finishing with respect and a Provincial birth (a.k.a. goon show/road trip). No dissing Wrestlemania or Alemania, but I wouldn't mind playing the Blaze again.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner, who are you?! We asked around after the game and nobody said anything. At least give me initials or something to recognize you by.

Go Cougs.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
tsenghera

Who is the Shriner? You will know next week as the Shriner will make his appearance and "pass the torch on." All in good time tsenghera, and stop losing sleep over this you hoe-mo.

:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

B

bender

shriner

taj are u thinking what im thinking could it be could it be the return of a very dumpy individual if u catch my mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0