Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aside from the one or two guys I think every team has I think we are pretty good generally. Being a young team we have a tendency to get our backs up really quick but I feel that aside from a couple of bad games we were generally ok overall on the chippiness scale. Being generally small our guys tend to get bowled over a lot and it seemede the more physical ateam played against us the chippier tthe game got.

Our second game aganist CA was really good i thought. Our goalie got injured but the play was clean from where i saw it.
Our first game got out of hand with them on the backs of one of our guys but we do try to keep that in check.

Injuries happen, clean check or not that's life.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CH

Ewalks,

Vinnie plays for Champlain Heights, not the Primos...

As for the Blaze, I can't really comment on them as I have only faced them once this year (with EW). In that one game there were some pretty nasty tackles, but nothing out of the ordinary. Where the Blaze were a bit different is in their "lip" ... they were constantly talking sh!t out there, but whatever... In the one game I played against Blaze, they targetted one of our guys for a pretty fair tackle (took a Blaze guy out with a clean tackle). As far as I'm concerned, if a clean tackle results in one of your players having to leave the field, ACCEPT IT ... it's the game of soccer ... injuries do occur.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze haters

Ok great, so now that everyone has put in their 2 cents about the Blaze, and our class or lack there of it, let's get down to what really matters.

We're still in the cup and I predict we still will be until the final.

EWalk, you know that you're team is a little short on class ...so give it up. I never said you didn't have a good team, I just said we're better....we beat you when it counted. You yourself said that this match would be the measuring stone of EW soccer, and you're right...it sure was.

We haven't played one team this year that didn't have a few cheap cnuts, it comes with the territory. If we were at the bottom of the standings I don't think anyone would give a s**t. But the fact that we're one of the best teams in the league obviously frustrates a few guyz. Along with the Primos, we're the only team that give CA a good run.

So keep on hating boyz...i love it ;)

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EWalk,

I only sore at you guys 'cause Davey injured me in our game against you guys. I also got a card on that play for swearing.
some sort of trend this year for me.

Teelay,

These were not clean tackles.
We, CH, are pretty good about fair tackles.
As I stated above, Davey injuried me in a tackle but it was a fair one.

On a side note:
Looking forward to playing EW on the weekend.
May the underdogs win:D

On another side note:
We are lookin for a summer league to join.
Preferably on a week day night and preferably not too much travel.
Leagues that are out are: Burnaby & Surrey's Knight's league.
Richmond leagues need to have 60% of the players living in Richmond.
Maybe someone can forward me a contact for the Engineers League or any leagues that they know of?

Thanks in Advance
Vinnie

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
But the fact that we're one of the best teams in the league obviously frustrates a few guyz.

Surely this is not the same Shitty FC that got embarrassed in div.1 last year? Honest question :confused: If so, div. 2 has really taken a fall. Those guys were horrible.

Grimmkeepin'itreal:cool:

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A

Westside Knights 8
United Nationals 0

Of course they only had 9 players....

but I scored so the rest doesn't matter...

:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Derailment of the NK train

RC 1: NKH 0
A certain black and white clad train was knocked off its track by a pack of hungry Cougars (and I'm not talking about horny, old chicks). No women or children were hurt, just a few bruised egos I'm sure.

That's right baby! The Cougs are through to the elite 8 after a hard-fought 1-0 win over NK. A very classy match, great refereeing (Walks was awesome) and a real gritty game. Full marks to NK for showing great class from start to end. I thought we carried the majority of the play and hit 3 posts amongst other quality chances. NK hit one post early, but didn't have any other serious scoring chances. Scoreless at the half, we were unlucky not to be up by a couple. We scored about 10 mins in and missed some other glorious chances. They pushed hard for the last 15 to get the equalizer, but we were able to hold them off.

I thought we owned the MF, our D was well composed, and that made all the difference.

Having to watch our team play was the hardest thing I've done all season, but my suspension has been served and I'll be back next week.

On to the FF C-lects with a trip to the Final 4 on the line.

Go Cougs.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too surprised at that result ... good luck next weekend - anyone have any idea abou this FF CAT club?

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 0 Blaze 1

It was a forfeit on the JB's part. Sorry for the last minute notice to the Blaze. We would have had 5 guys show up. Too many injuries, guys with other responsibilities...etc.

Well done Cougs. Had faith in you guys to knock off NK.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The train should have trained.......period

Taj made some good points however it wasn't as one sided as his post would have you believe. They definately ran a bit more in the mid and there defence was very composed. I am also happy to report that their on field infighting seems to have subsided somewhat. The field at Hastings south is very large and this did not help our ancient/tired squad. That being said the game was truly even, classy, hard fought, and entertaining. It could have gone either way. It was going to be a one goal game no matter what happened. The shittiest thing about it is Cliffhanger 's prediction turned out to be true. Good luck to the cougs and isn't that Watcher always bang on......P.S ......do not judge NK by their next two games as I'm not expecting too much, but who knows!!!!!!!!

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the good faith boys, I knew we could pull it off, too.
I have no idea what to expect from FF 'C', all I heard is that they are actual firemen, so they're really big. Don't know if that was just a joke, or if it's for real! If anyone knows anything about these guys, any info would be most appreciated.

Go Cougs.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, if you wanted to win, you should have called me...and begged me to come and join. Of course this would have meant you would need to offer me all kinds free drugs, alcohol and sex with your sister which would really go against the high moral standards of the NK Train on-board code of conduct. Ah but having a sexy mid-field playmaker who makes everyone around play better certainly may have been worth it...don't you think?

:cool:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher's right, it wasn't THAT one-sided, but one-sided nonetheless! J/K. Good luck to NK in their last 2 league games. Maybe we'll see you guys in some summer exhibition/ tournament play.

Go Cougs.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher

The shittiest thing about it is Cliffhanger 's prediction turned out to be true.
What can I say...you were knocked out in the round of sixteen and that's probably where it should have happened. The Dr.Z power rankings have you guys at around the 15th to17th best team.
This week's predictions:
CA 3 Sihk Temple 1 (when playing with six forwards you always allow one)
Blaze 3 Alemania 0
Firemen 2 Richmond 1 (maybe PK)
Surrey 3 Westside 0

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last game....

With a solid 5 man attendance at last nights practice the Beam is looking to end the year on a high. Look for an upset this weekend vs EW. Our CAT team doesn't have a game so hopefully we'll have enough numbers that we don't have to default again. E.Walks is Hillcrest your 3rd or 4th home park this year?? :rolleyes: Make sure you introduce yourself after the game.

Beam 3 - EW 2 :D (with Mick bagging the winner midway through the second half)

In the other game I see WV 3 - PG 1

As far as cup goes I'll have to agree with Cliffy's picks.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave. VS Sihk Temple

Cliff,

Where is your game on saturday?

The site shows Kensington #4.
Is this the Kensington field in Vancouver or Burnaby?

Anyone else going to watch this game?
Should be a good match.
Temple being one of the top teams in Div 2 "CAT"...for what that's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0