Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto,

I suppose I miscalculated teh prediktion for JBs-Suri game. After carefull anylsis of your opponents stats and given teh fakt you guys suk this year, I suppose a kupple of goals arent out of teh question for the not so mighty JBeys.

keep smiling :)

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave 4 Primos 3 (Golden Goal)

Hard to put this game into words, the Primos were excellent and played defence like they're lives depended on it. They were up 1-0 at half on one foray into our half.
In the second we responded with 3 goals and thought we had it wrapped up with ten minutes left, but a header off a free kick and a perfect cross and header with 5 minutes to play tied the game.
We carried the play most of the game and scored 5 minutes into overtime when we took a quick free kick and caught the Primos off guard.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surry 3 JB's 2 (Golden Goal)

Surrey is not too bad of a team. We were very, very lethargic (sp?) to start the game and let Surrey come at us. They scored two very flukey goals. The first one deflecting off of 4 feet and then in. The second, was a misplay by our keep as the ball was harmlessly bouncing towards him. Start of the second half we came at them hard and scored two within a few minutes. We carried most of the play in the second half and most of the OT. Great goal with about 3 minutes remaining. A rocket from about 22 yards out that just crept under the bar. All in all, they are a good bunch of guys except for one or two punks.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 2 - Elephant Walk 1

Good game. Unfortunately the EW sponsorship by Kleenex hasn't come through yet. Every single call was a whine by the EW boys.
" wahhh reffff he did it again " get sick after an hour or so. We were no angels either but the amount of crying was painful.
Anyway we are looking forward to our next game and eventually a rematch with Cliff Avenue.

:D

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Unfortunately the EW sponsorship by Kleenex hasn't come through yet. Every single call was a whine by the EW boys".

Good one BlazeArmy very witty, did you come up with that one yourself or did the degenerates on your sideline help you.

Once again City FC Blaze shows how truly classless his team is, can’t lose (twice to us) with class and can’t win with it.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ewalks

Hey Ewalks, did you guys have Frankie and Dave Knight up front against City? I thought they would do more damage against the Blaze D, but I remember their D being pretty solid down the middle. What's your account of the match?

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials?

Did anyone hear what the final decision was about how many VMSL teams go to provincials? Last I heard Azzi was saying that 3-4 teams might go, so they would take the cup semifinalists. I haven't heard anything in a while though, so if anyone could shed some light on the topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Go Cougs.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze vs. EW

EWalks, I think you're still a bit angry about getting completely outplayed.
I don't think you showed much class at all in that game....you're tackling was very poor and dirty for most of the game. You are a big team and I think if you had a few more skilled players you wouldn't have to rely on trying to take out the other teams players....which u did twice with blatent dirty tackles, no attempt at all to go for the ball, which will cost us a player for the rest of the season.

Possesion was 70-30 Blaze......once we figured out EW's game plan was simply kick and run it was fairly simple to defend. They basically lined up 4 - 5 guys on the back and skipped their mid-field the whole game by just booting it up to their two skilled forwards and hoping for the best. I really thought EW would push a little during the last 30 minutes but they didn't.

The better team won yesterday and it's as simple as that.

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overall it was a great match, had allot of emotion and at times it got chippy.

Both teams had quality chances and I would say it was even in terms of play. However City made the best of there chances and capitalized on a couple of lucky bounces.

Its just too bad the majority of players on City who are good guys are brought down by a couple of Turkey's they have on their team, most notably head Turkey's #17, 9, 21 (I wonder how many times these guys have been beaten up in parking lots after games)

Besides the few bad apples they are a good team and congrats to them for the win.

Frankie did play, however only for 30 minutes as he is still recovering from his knee injury. Davey had a good game but not one of his best (still one of the best strikers in div.2)

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliffy - you guys remind me of the Ottawa Senators, great reg season - ousted in cup play + too many euros on both teams, in your case I-ties..LOL

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
EWALK IDIOT

sorry pal, your reply makes no sense at all. EVENLY matched game????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . A COUPLE LUCKY BOUNCES?????UUUUUHHHH UUUHHHHHHHH
Y'ALL got worked, and were out of gas at half. WE'VE got some bad apples hey? What abput the chump that intentionally smoked one of our players, F'n up his knee? What about the Dork who wouldn's shake some of our players hands after the game? (Even though he didn't get into the game, he was your biggest S**T talker), and who can forget WACKO WALLY - dude doesn't even belong in div. 8 , let alone div. 2. Tell him to take a pill.
You really have no grounds talkin smack about some of our guys, it's called intensity, something that you lacked. DON"T THROW ROCKS IF YOU LIVE IN A GLASS HOUSE.
so the game got chippy? WAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
How do you possibly call us classless? all we are is class baby.
infact, we're thinking of changing our name for next year to
CITY F.C. CLASS - sound good to you? ok good.
CLIFFHANGER - good call on the prediction, you know were the best team you've played all year, and we do look foreward to playin you in the final - should be a good one. (Who you rootin for EWALK) Dont be so sour man.
out

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Blaze Rep.

I'm not for certain but Cliffhanger may have a different opinion based on our play against them this past weekend.

Cliffhanger was spot on in his game analysis.

Our goal was to shut down their guns while letting ours spring free for a shocker if we could get one and we did.

Our plan was working wonderfully as they big guys up front seemed to be getting frustrated as the cursing came out. Cliff did crack us early in the second scoring goals that I could only get a piece of. Their third goal I would have to classify as skilled but lucky as I had left the net to track down a through ball and the forward chipped from outside the 18. Confusion on our part as we had just switched from our sweeper game plan back to our regular defensive stlye so we could press.

Our comeback was classical primos soccer scoring on two crosses and headers, first one off of a free kick, the equalizer off of a beautifull cross.

Cliff popped one early in OT on a quick free kick off of a penalty that I'm sure even the men in orange might shake their heads at. Full credit to them to take the quick ball while we were looking for an explanation from the otherwise good ref.

Full credit to the orangemen. Do me a favour and blow city out of the water in the finals.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Rep, I think you just proved EWalks' point.

Blaze rep.1
Merely Annoying

Kinda sums it up.

Go Cougs.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OT Call

Yeah the ref was calling "touchy" fouls all game - most of which I didn't have a problem with (going both ways). But all these fouls were in the mid-field area, not in scoring range. The one in OT was definitely a touchy foul, but was called just outside the 18 which was a bit iffy. But we screwed up by not standing in front of the ball - dumb mistake. Instead we started a wall about 5 yards from the ball and CA made the quick pass. Oh well...

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos

Big Bird,

I watched the game on Saturday....and indeed you guys looked great. I'd say goals 2 & 3 by CA were lucky......but you need to be good to be lucky.

Who's the new guy up front for you guys....he's huge, and super fast....great skills, he caused problems every time he got the ball.

As for CA blowing us out of the water in the finals....maybe they will, maybe they won't. They haven't so far in our previous two matches.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos big man

New guy up front is a guy called Alistair, import from England. He's a great addition to the team due to his size and explosiveness. He's very strong on the ball and hustles everything. Once he gets his fitness up to 100% he will be frightening.

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeRep 1

You can talk as much witless infantile s**t as you want. The truth is that we beat you guys twice this year, outscored you 5-3 and will probably finish the season ahead of you in the standings. That being said who is the better team? Oh yah I forgot we got lucky the two times we beat you, well......you need to be good to be lucky, right?

If your complaining about how dirty we are, you reap what you sow and if your gonna dish it out learn how to take it.

Your gonna change your team name from City FC Blaze to City FC Class huh? Well just remove the ‘Cl’ from class and there's the perfect name for your team, or Buttyboys you pick.

Maybe we should take a poll of all the Div2C teams. How much class do the Blazers have?

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze have class or no class?

From our only meeitng this year the Blaze showed no class. Some good guys on the team were overshadowed by a few of the gutless pukes.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze or flicker of class?

I have to agree with therapist.
In our only meeting this year there were some skilled players and some real clowns.

How do you explain these three occurances:

1. one of our players gets taken out twice by the same player and when I say taken out, I mean he had to be subbed off due to injury.

2. The above mentioned blaze player gets tackled infront of our spectators, grabs the ball and procedes to throw it at them. Just to clarify, nothing was said to this player to provoke this.

3. Another blaze player knocks one of our players down and then decides to run on top of him to get by.

Blaze,

It not just your scrappy play that is the problem, it is your stupid attitudes.

Although, Ewalk is not the classiest team in the league either. They have some guys the play chippy also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0