Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez, that 1 Mckewans last night messed me up. Anyways onto my predictions for this week. ( I think I was halucinating about the smiley faces.......fcuking Mckewans)

JB's 4 WV 1

EW 4 PG 0

CA 3 Primos 1

Blaze 4 CH 0

Cougs 2 C-men 1

Don't hold me to my predictions. I'm usually wrong.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

WV 2 - JB 2 (both teams don't have much to play for)

Cougars 4 - C-men 1 (Cougars definitely a worthy opponent these days)

Blaze 5 - CH 1 (Blaze can score)

EW vs PG (PPD - when will the leage fcuking learn that Sunset is unplayable???)

CA - Primos (I don't like to make predictions on my own game...)

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually no teams in 2c have anything to play for anymore. CA has sealed the deal. And there is no relegation to Div 3.

my two cents

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions

JB 3- WV 2 (JB's can be a good team, and they prove it by out-lasting a hard-working WV side)

RC 3- Cmen 1 (close game for the most part, Cougs get late one to pull away for good)

City 6- CH 1 (CH undermanned, and no match for Blaze)

EW-PG (PPD, I guess)

CA 4- Primos 2 (Primos keep it close, but CA pull away in 2nd half)

Anyone know when cup games start or when the draw is released, b/c the League said they did it on Jan. 11th.

Go Cougs

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually no teams in 2c have anything to play for anymore. CA has sealed the deal.

Actually CH has two things they are playing for:

1. To the crap out of City
2. To keep CA from getting 100 goals.

Keeper:

YYW!!!

Biteme...out!!

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

There is no respect in or for Div. 2.
Interesting comment. Just wondering what brings on an unsolicited attack an all of Div.2?
BTW, we aren't playing here for respect. Many play Div. 2 for fun, while others, like myself, play here because of our caliber.
Sorry I haven't earned the 'much sought after respect' of a stand-up-guy such as yourself.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Far be it for me to defend Keeper but I did notice a winking smilie thing at the end of his post. I think that means he's joking. If not, then let's rip his limbs off one by one so that he can't stop shots. What am I saying? I meant so he can't get lucky and stop a shot one day;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some Change Please

Originally posted by Therapist
Actually no teams in 2c have anything to play for anymore. CA has sealed the deal. And there is no relegation to Div 3.

my two cents

What about the Quest for the Century Mark by the Mighty Orange and Black.

Come on, if that does not motivate a team to play against C.A., I don't know what is.

"Ya, I was on a team that played in the same league as the great Cliff team that scored 100 goals, they only scored 12 on us in 2 games".
Try that one with the ladies.

Go United Go

HOS

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smilie or Not,

Cliffhanger,

From what I understand, Keeper has spent the majority of his illustrious career backstopping many a second division squad until this fateful year where he finally got the call-up from the once mighty WFC Bimini's. Unfortunately for the old B-Men, and certainly due to no coincidence in Keeper's keeping abilities :rolleyes:, the team now sits dead last in Div. 1A. Just below my old chums. Sad for the WFC club. Just sad.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coincidence? Yes.

As a matter of fact, we're still 3rd from the bottom -- when you account for games in hand and number of wins.

Bastard. ;)

Your old chums are going down tomorrow.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA 2 - Primos 0

A pretty good game overall - both teams worked very hard throughout, and for the most part it was clean (although #16 seemed to have a problem with one of our guys).

0-0 at the half. CA probably carried 65% of the play, however, we did a decent job keeping them to the outside and not allowing too many quality scoring chances. We probably had 2 very good scoring chances ourselves, 1 which should have been a goal, but the finish just wasn't on today.

Ironically, we probably played better in the second half than the first half. CA again carried teh bulk of the play, but we were willing to let them do that and try to counter. They finally got through at about the 70 minute mark on a very nice 3 or 4 pass short play at the top of the 18 and finished nicely. About 2 minutes before that though we had the mother of all chances to bury one, but just couldn't put it away. They scored another about 5 minutes later on blown coverage off a corner ... game over.

Story of the game was that CA finished when it counted and we didn't - plain and simple. I don't think there's any doubt that they are the class of Division 2, with great movement off the ball and tremendous ball support at all times. From what I have seen, CA would be a decent team in Division 1 and will do well up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0