Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1A - Week two

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 1 Lomas 2

This was never going to be pretty on Club I's home pitch.

Let's get it out the way quickly here, what a shitehole of a playing surface. Now, I realise Fortress McBride wasn't exactly fantastic last year...but how the fcuk can you guys be playing Div 1 footy on that piece of shite? Not only is it shite, it's about the size of a postage stamp!:mad:

Club I took the lead inside the first minute from a corner and as a result of a total lack of concentration by the Lomas. The tallest bloke on the pitch nodded in a free header, completely unchallenged. Club I continued to press, and the Lomas' usually rock solid defence was shaky for a while.

Then the Lomas began to play a little and roughly on the half hour, new signing Scott Beattie beat his man in the right corner and put in a fantastic cross to the far post for Big Scott to do very well and nod in the equalizer.

About ten minutes later another great cross by Beattie was headed out by a Club I defender and it fell perfectly for me to thump home with the left foot on the full volley from 25 yards and through a bunch of players.:D :bronco:

2-1 good guys at the half. Club I put the pressure on big time in the second but the Lomas defended their lead very well and brought all three points home.

The centre back who was rightly sent off had a great game for Club I as did Regs. For us it was Beattie out on the right and Andrew, another new signing, in the middle of the park who were the best Lomas players on the day.

Club I will do well this season and it is obvious they can play. They need a better pitch though. Last season, a shitty pitch was a bit of a leveller for us. Not this year! The pitch today cramped our newly discovered passing game and also went against Club I's neat passing game. You don't need a leveller you need a better park to play on.

All is pretty good in the Lomas camp and it's amazing what a difference a year makes.

dazwhoislovingthisseasonsofar:bronco: :wa:

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done boys

Top result from the boys in orange. Captain, Regs...anyone fron the 'I' with a comment on this one or has Daz got it all right?

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tangled Hoops

Gaffa, You know better than anyone on here that I never get it all right.

daz:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza, you're very accurate but.....

Dazza,

Good analysis of the game. HOwever, you failed to mention that we should have been given AT LEAST one penalty, if not two. The ref didn't do a good job of shutting down the cheap fouls from behind. Our player deserved to be sent off BUT you were very fortunate to keep all your players on the field. Congrats on your 3 points but you're right, we do need another pitch. Good luck the rest of the way and I truly look forward to our next meeting.

Captain

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I remember at least one incident where you guys may well have been given a penno by another ref.

Strange ref that...lets a lot of stuff go, which can be good for the game, but also fails to take control of situations and then they tend to get out of hand. We had him last season against DCR and he was very similar.

You guys will look very good on a better pitch.

All in all it was a well battled match and could have gone either way.

Three points for Spurs against the Hammers tomorrow morning will hopefully round off a nice weekend

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic

Dazza,

Well done on the victory. 2-0 start - what a difference a year makes. Sounds like Scotty's off to a good start.

Keep up the good fight, Lomas!!:wa:

suremissplayingfootywithdaz

Mehmet.:(

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toze,

I'm assuming you watched that one. If so, what can you tell us about each team, apart from the obvious?

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza et all,

I left just befor half time with the score 2-0 and heard 5-nil was the final.

Norvan are young and have 7-8 good players by Div. 1 standards. I don't think they can be too serious about promotion this year based on what little I saw and what I know about a lot of their players. Still, I think they'll be tough for anyone to beat.

As for Bingers... they have purple uniforms with big white numbers and should enjoy playing Div. 2 soccer again next season. Possibly the worst kit in the VMSL modern era.

BTW Peg-Olys 1-1 Hagars tilt yesterday left us P'Olys pretty disapointed but to be honest a draw was a fair result.

SikhT - Biminis?

Toze

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Toze.

I don't want to beat this subject to death, but I just read on the excellent site that Sportstown and Khalsa tied 0-0 in Premier on the same pitch we were on yesterday, King George #3.

Premier on there? Blows me away that does. What's going on in Richmond? Seems like a shortage of good fields.

Clan and Sikhs both won.

If I'm correct it should now read: Norvan, Sikhs and Lomas all on three points, but in that order on goal difference.

daz:bronco:

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan

From what I've heard there are very few weaknesses here - steady defence, good keeping, hardworking mids and a couple of nice forwards. Who's to say they can't be at or near the top of 1"A".

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ST 3 WFC Biminis 0

A verrrry hungover Temple team took the full three off a sluggish Biminis side. It was all one way traffic.

Daz

I believe we're all on 6 points;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Bimini's 0 - 3 Sikh Temple

I'm happy to say that the 2nd edition of the S.T./Westside match up had everything the 1st didn't: decent (not great, but decent) officiating, clean tackles (for the most part), respect (for the most part), and a beach.

Sikh Temple are a young, fast and tireless team -- during the first 20-25 minutes players were looking around at each other and asking when is this going to stop? The pace was astounding. Nevertheless, the play settled for the first and both teams breaked at the half tied at zero (one Westside goal called back on a foul).

Inside 15 minutes of the second, Sikh Temple put away an easy tap-in from a centring pass from the goal line. And then it got ugly for Westside.

5 minutes after the first goal, our right back completely miss-timed a tackle and took a striker down at the 35. Yellow: definately. And a talking to: absolutely. But the ref saw it as a red, and while I won't complain (it was a noise clash of shinpads and looked impressively violent), I believe he was a bit swayed by the dramatic wailing by the Sikh Temple fans. It was completely unfortunate considering that he never had any intention of taking him down like that.

Keeping up with their pace was a stuggle (managable, but difficult) with 11 men, but going down to 10 became too much. Then, to make matters worse a tragically wrong split second decsion by yours truly allowed #23, the soul glow king, chip me as I tried to back up.

Down 2-0, Westside adjusted to only 3 at the back in hopes of generating some offense in the 2nd, but that did nothing but open us up to breakaway after breakaway after breakaway. And finally, after a half dozen tries, Jerry Curl beat me a second time.

3-0 loss for the good guys, but I was satisfied that it was a well competed match. Perhaps next time, our game shape will be better.

Sikh Temple is a strong team, and I imagine they'll vie for the top spot in 1A. There speed is dramatic, their endurance unending, and they've got good skill. The number of fakes and deaking moves they attempt are a bit ridiculous, though. ;)

Gurps, did you figure out what number I was? :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Hair, and He can Score

Originally posted by Keeper
WFC Bimini's 0 - 3 Sikh Temple

...#23, the soul glow king, chip me as I tried to back up.

..., Jerry Curl beat me a second time.

One of the best Dews in the VMSL, and he Greased two past Keeper:wa:

HOS

Shagaholic

Sep 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MY respect

My respect goes out to the Bimini's lads for their understanding when we were not able to provide the nets and were a bit late with our id cards due to a tragic traffic accident the night before of a extended sikh temple family member. The fellow we lovingly called "Rat", passed away yesterday afternoon after a battle to stay alive in the hospital. He wasn't a past player but a young enthusiastic supporter and relative of some of our players. Our entire organizations heart is with his family and the lads on our team who were related.

And so the administrative side of the game (since it was our home game) came to a crash and the Bimini's came to the rescue.

The temple boyz fought through the draining emotion and without 3 of the players who provide heart to the squard to come away with the 3 points. But I would have gladly given away the points for a chance to see the "rat" on the sidelines.

Thanks Bimini's for showing the class that you have! You are indeed a good bunch of guys.

Soccer is just a game, life is not....live it to the fullest!

Just a note to peg....I'm not sure, but I believe we have put in a request to postpone next weekend's game to attend the funeral, but we are waiting to hear back from the league.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikhs vs. Peg......

The game between the Sikhs and Peg is cancelled for the weekend. The under 21 match is also cancelled. As for the div.2 cat game it will be played.

Hard Ballz

tsquare

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier bound

Dazza,

How does "premier" sound to you? Only 16 more games to go.

Good job on the first two games of the year. It looks like you guys may have kicked off the monkey you had on your back last year.

Ps. Division two sucks:( :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0