Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Sporting 4 Razorbacks 2

This game was horrible from the start for the Razorbacks, our guys just looked like they were not ready to play at all Surrey deserved to win that game . But the referee was horrible , he was calling bad calls for both teams all game ,I guess we have been getting decent refs out in Ridge lately so our guys get used to it . The other team said they had this guy now 4 times & this is the first time they won a game with him. He Refs out in the Rec league in Abby , what is the league doing bringing guys like this out to ref games. This is why I don't want to start paying $50.00 per home game for refs (because sorry) but some of these guys are not worth any money at all . The league has to get rid of some of these guys!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk Razor! And here I am starting to become a Razorbacks fan!!!

Sounds to me like "one of those games" where nothing goes your way.

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
langley brawl

Go figure a brawl in the langley game from what i saw when we played them last week you would expect it from them dirty team no need for that crap were only doing this for fun and beer.:)

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess is that the forward caused the fight. "Hazey" or something like that. In our game a few weeks back he kept saying he was going to break someone's leg. Thank goodness his team finally had the sense to yank him. Not a bad player but horrible attitude.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was nice run run while it lasted

Just logged on.

Highlanders looked great while the Rangers were as flat as my pregame pancakes. ;)

I gotta say Chris and Sean in the back were awesome.
Two tall, lanky, pacey, skilled centrebacks will do the job for any side in any league.
Although we didn't test him much, GNU looked good too.

The yappy little shitsu in the middle of the park played well also.
Too bad he bottled it with his comments after.

I will have my moan on the ref, because I have to on something.
It's my job on this site. :p
Balsa: nice job on the PK though, clinical.

Rivalryland was not nice to us on Friday, but our singing voices were in tune nonetheless afterwards.
Balsa's voice could be heard throughout the land when blue, white, we're dynamite, was sung in loss.
It's just too bad Rocko wasn't there to join us.
Also, his Ranger team round seemed to soothe as well.

Many thanks,

RF

:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Fcuk Razor! And here I am starting to become a Razorbacks fan!!!

Sounds to me like "one of those games" where nothing goes your way.

Everyone has one of those games...................... once in a while.
:D

Dude,
Nice to see the wife is finally potty training you and letting you change your own diapers.
;)

From what I hear she may need to visit the PAU guys for some potty training.
:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those diapers can come in handy on those heavy binging nights. I'll make good use of them @ the TTP X-Mass bash...don't want to get Ranger's seats all messy. ;)

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger Forever

Balsa's voice could be heard throughout the land when blue, white, we're dynamite, was sung in loss.

Also, his Ranger team round seemed to soothe as well.

Not that it was a surprise but I was ripped as soon as I got back into our changeroom.....Your peek in the door saying thanks for the round wasn't any help. You were supposed to keep the free round a secret;)

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referees

AU Razor,

Maybe you could stop spending all your money on gear since all you do is sit on the bench anyway! Maybe put some of that money toward referee assessments since all you do is complain about them anyway. When teams show up to play like the Peach Arch and Chilliwack Premier game last weekend (despite the 7-1 score) than all the ref has to do is keep score like he should. When you guys run around chopping, punching and whining about everything missed or not called because your FIFA eyes know all the rules and how the game should be called it makes the ref wonder are they at the football pitch or the wrestling ring! To many players complain about the cards and than cry a river that they have to go to work the next day. Remember you are all playing amateur soccer and have no chance of ever getting paid to play so play the game and stop fcuking whining about the refs!!!!

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Balsa
My guess is that the forward caused the fight. "Hazey" or something like that. In our game a few weeks back he kept saying he was going to break someone's leg. Thank goodness his team finally had the sense to yank him. Not a bad player but horrible attitude.

Actually it wasn't Haze thta was part of it. It was one of our smaller mideilders who you would never think would have it in him. Once I get some more info I'll let ya know.

Onto Gnu, I don't know what game you watched when we played you? The cheap shots were going both ways in this game. Yes, I know you got nailed in the second half as our keeper also got Ko'ed. I was also on the receiving end of an elbow and I also dished it out. So it went both ways.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe I missed it

Well I was looking forward to the matchup and I missed the big game. Work sucks! Glad to see DMH pulled through. I knew we had it in us to play well on our home field. Sorry I missed the drinks after the game too. You'll have to fill me in at the Xmas party.

Please everyone stop complaining about refs. Its so redundant and boring to listen to. :eek:

Our langley game was chippy weeks back. Demo, your only real messed up in the head player is the so called"Hazey". He couldn't shut up and took the tempo of the game from chippy to hostile. If I was your coach I wouldn't even have a player like that representing the team. It would be buh bye!

What time did everyone get out of the dressing rooms last Friday?
1am? 3am? 5am? Did Oscar and Coach take that shower in our cooler?

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Take

I know the game was last Friday but I wanted to read everyones reaction to the game before posting. This was my take:

In all fairness, not an excuse, Rangers were not at the top of their game. Its tough when 3-4 starters are out of the lineup, we know.

The PK from where I was, up at center, did not look like a good call. If it had been called against us I would have been livid too.

The non-goal is a tough one. There are no linseman to help out the referee and by that time the fog was something else. Unless the referee was inside the 18, which from other players accounts I hear he was not, it is unlikely on a bang-bang play like that he could see the ball cross the line.

A couple of players from both teams said some things after the game that they shouldn't. I believe it has been pointed out to those individuals and the issue is dead.

Great battle between Bear and Fossil, clean, but hard on every play.

Best line of the night from the Rangers fan (ref wore pink jersey).

"Ref sub! (Ref stops play) You in the pink off, new ref in!"

Millhouse- call 9-1-1! Your bridges are on fire!

Dude, I hope I put out the fires!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: My Take

Originally posted by Milhouse
In all fairness, not an excuse, Rangers were not at the top of their game. Its tough when 3-4 starters are out of the lineup, we know.

Milhouse:
Quality post.

I must disagree with one of your points. (As usual) :D
Last time I checked Timmy, Rocko, and HV were not in your line-up.
So your point is moot. :cool:

Cheers anyway

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
demo

demo i agree i know a few of the langley guys when i was going to play premier for langley a couple years ago before they folded two days before start of season.I just don't like it when guys are tackling stupid saying how there going to break your leg it is just going to start something just not needed i was just ranting thats what i do best ask my team they have heard it way to much:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here today, gone tomorrow??

Rumour at training last night was that Surrey Sporting have packed it in. Anybody confirm this? I noticed the makeup game vs Rangers this weekend was cancelled. Does coach or RF know?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have seen the future, and it is good my friends

This weekend's results:

Vancouver Sun - December 14, 2002

Rangers FC 1 Surrey Sporting Nil.

Rangers didn't use much energy on this one folks.
Rangerforever with another cracker to seal up the league title for Rangers before Christmas.
The lad is on fire these days.
Ranger, back in true form, slots one in the 1st minute of play from a wonderful build-up provided by the FVSL Executive.
The rest of the match seemed to be over that point as no one recalls much else after his significant strike.
A much bitter Coach is disputing the goal as his own, but in this case size does really matter.

Sporting, as a result of the postponed match against Rangers two weeks ago, had to play the weekend match.
A plight for a second postponement was requested by Sporting as a result of lack of players, but the league would have none of it.
The Rangers indeed had no problem with the second postponement themselves but also had no problem dousing Rangerforever in his bath of champagne to kick off the festive season.

No word however was provided as to the long term outlook of Surrey Sporting and rumours of their unfortunate demise.

Canadian Associated Press

Joy to the world, the Rangers are champions........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0