Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Late post

Originally posted by Cartdriver

Heck, I'll even take AU Razor throwing some mud and "should have's, could have's" around!!

I'll speak for Razor.
They SHOULD have tied it late in the match, but one of our stellar keepers (Ian) denied them.
That was a football match.
Aside from lots of goals, it had everything.
Fast paced game, lots of good tackles and lots of jawing back and forth.

A full 90 minutes put in by both sides.
Our friends/family that watched really enjoyed it and trust me the whistle couldn't have come sooner.

Razor:
What the fcuk is it with you lot and us and Bear Creek park?
Fcuking shades from our match there last year or what?
Coach and I officially have stated that we will no longer play the Baby-backs there. :mad: :rolleyes:

Last but not least their keeper deserves some kudos.
I'm not saying we dominated, but man, he came up with two of the best saves I've seen in a long time in that second half.
And, he's all class (Except for that brutal Celtic keeper jersey he wears) ;) as he was clapping when our keep made a big save too. (Must be a keeper comraderie thing.)
Seriously, he's a good lad.

Demo:
Well done finally.
Your side deserves better than what your record shows.

Special, special thanks to PoCo Raiders.
Look at the tables, and you'll know why.

:bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raiders

Looks like they're making a strong bid for promotion. Anyone to draw them come Pak Cup time will be lucky...last year, they sat key guys out during the President's Cup in order to keep their line-up strong for promotion to 1st.

That team may not be stacked like the Rangers, but they're focused and determined.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confused

Dude,

I am confused from week to week what to expect from my own team, but also from the teams in the div.

Our game against the Raiders and PoCo U were probably the only games I felt we won convincingly, where I was never in doubt we were going to win. They did not cause many problems for us.

Our toughest games besides Rangers was Langley (I think they picked up U21 guys for that Fri night game), Alouette and Surrey Sporting (who seem to be freefalling like us).

Centro Amer. game could have gone either way with a good bounce. The Aldergrove game was a 15 min 3 goal collapse.

Won't be at the game this week. Gnu taking the coaching reins (maybe for good)!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year, when I played w/ the Royals, we were the only team to beat the Raiders twice. Both games had winners in the last 5 minutes. We dropped too many points to ties to earn promotion though.

I guess it just goes to show how tight some divisions can be, and how big a difference little bounces early in the season can make.

Fcuk...do I ever know...

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Confused

Originally posted by Milhouse

Our toughest games besides Rangers was Langley (I think they picked up U21 guys for that Fri night game.

Yes in that game we had to pick up 3 of our U21 and 2 of our Div 2 players, but as of this past weekend we have actually signed a couple more players and everyone has commited themselves for the rest of the year.
Once we get our suspended players back and myself with a couple more of our walking wounded healed we should be alot stronger in the final half of the season.
As for the Poco Raiders they are shite. Yes we lost to them 2-1, one of them an own goal by us and the other was just on a minor defensive lapse. The rest of the game they put everyone in their 18 yard box and we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day( except for our own net). That game really should have ended 6 or 7 - 1 for us, but that's just the way things had been going for us. Hopefully this will now change.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The raiders vs highlanders

Our game against the raiders consisted of them having a decent midfield with above average distribution. The forwards and defense were not good and if you take advantage of them the game rolls in your favor. At least that's how I remember it.

I can't wait to play Alouette again. Still thinking time in time again over that loss. In your park Razor I plan on doing some serious damage. Bringing some noise that game. Damn I feel like I'm on officepools trash talking.

Well this weeks treck takes us to GEU with GNU behind the gameplan. Wish I was feeling good to play but I will be seeing limited time this weekend. Only beer can save me now.

Just curious to when the Xmas break is?

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cartdriver on two wheels

Settle down cartdriver we can't have you speeding under the influence again. 4 tickets/posts in two weeks is one too many.

Highlanders need this site to vent. Just because we're the only team on a real slide doesn't mean we need to get a life.

Don't you worry about Razor and his should have's and could have's that is a given, just give it time.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Christmas break

Originally posted by halfvolley
Well this weeks treck takes us to GEU with GNU behind the gameplan. Wish I was feeling good to play but I will be seeing limited time this weekend. Only beer can save me now.

Just curious to when the Xmas break is?

GNU behind the game plan?
I sense a turnaround here fellas.
Well, assuming GNU's on the bench coaching and not in the pipes. :D :rolleyes:

HV: With the weather going the way it is - who knows?
At this rate, we could have the league done by Christmas.
I mean the Rangers actually. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Seriously, this begs a question.
If we do keep getting good weather, we all could be done the league early and then we're all off to the Pak.
Seeing as the likelihood is Premier teams will get further through the rounds than us lowly Div. 1 teams, we all could be done in February with no more football to play once the league is done.
I wonder what the interest would be to have a Div. 1 league cup or something?
I'm not saying we won't all do well in the Pak (as it has been done before apparently :cool: - twice ;)), but the single knockout format this year could have quicker exits for some of our league sides.

Whatcha think fellas?

PS HV: I think usually we're done from mid December to late January, depending on what games have been played to date.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the FVSL Website, the last games before Christmas will be played on December 13th - 15th. That is a "make up" weekend. At this rate there will be no games to make up. That would make the final weekend before Christmas December 6th - 8th.

Just another service from your friendly, non scary, moderator,

TheRob

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Christmas break

Originally posted by Rangerforever
I wonder what the interest would be to have a Div. 1 league cup or something?

A very promising idea but it could conflict with what should be a prolonged Pak Cup run for the Highlanders. Our current "rope-a-dope" strategy should be paying dividends come February after rendering all of the Premier teams complacent and vulnerable (at least that's what Milhouse has us believing)

I must say that it's nice of you to consider the bottom feeders while looking ahead with your clairvoyant doppler weather radar. The end of every season boasts mass confusion with regard to league playoffs. It would be great to see this sorted out prior to March. I like your plan and hopefully every team would be involved or the Highlanders may be turning their attention dwarf tossing a little earlier this year. (You've now been warned Rocco.)

Oscar Meyer...

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one thing

For fcuk sakes miller,play Rocco.The guy would go through a wall
for you guys!

(sorry,just my opinion) coach.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach

man do stories get around quick.......I would like to hear what is making the rounds.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: one thing

Originally posted by coach
For fcuk sakes miller,play Rocco.The guy would go through a wall
for you guys!

Hey Kenno, I know you're a coach, player, club manager, and bon vivant but when did you become a player agent? Rocco, I hope you're not giving him 10 %. Are you trying to stir things up Kenno? Our psyche is already fragile without the public wash cycle. Besides, Gnu is doing the line-up....hmmm maybe that's why you posted?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
balsa

no balsa you don't want to hear what people are saying!

one word, SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach

Your losing me? Shocking in my performance last game or shocking stories about Rocco's situation?

:confused:

I guess you don't want to answer my PM either???

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coach

It may seem the way were playing we need help,. but we will come out of this slump .i know winning every weekend you have nothing to talk about but don't stir the pot with us were fragile enough.Rocco has started every game but one and he could have put himself in last week but chose not to. we tried a new lineup last week to shake things up which didn't work.rocco will get his time in, no need to worry.

how much is rocco giving you anyway free financial advice.:wa:

R

Rocko

Coach

Hold on Gnu. Before you start shooting your mouth off maybe you should get the facts. I was asked to come into the match with 5 minutes left without warming up. Other guys on the sidelines were warm and ready to go. What would you do? Thanks Coach!

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow

I wasn't shouting off my mouth ,way to start your first post rocko slammin the coach. I was defending our usual coach who has been getting a lot of slagging. He tries his best every weekend playing the right guys and the last two weeks he's tried different things i never started this whole thing i beleive it was another coach maybe he's trying to stir the pot to get us all fired up.:( Anyways rocko get a good night sleep you'll be starting tommorow sunshine. But that is all i'm going to say about my lineup except rich your in net maybe we do have a chance now.:confused:

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALU Razorbacks 2 Poco Raiders 1

Very scrappy game : the first half could have gone either way but we put the first goal in .The goal they got was an own goal by us . Second half we took it to them ,it was all our half. There back end started to get very chippy with our 2 fowards they couldn't catch them so they tried to wack them .Good win boys!!!:D

bricktop

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razor! Why do you only post when you win? Especially by the skin of your nuts? Raiders were in 3rd div not so long ago and you scraped by again! P.S Do the lads know that they payed for your computer with their inflated registration fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0