Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How to be the prez

Well after further review with team officials and fans of Highlander football you cartdriver have been given the go as prez. The only stipulation is no kilt. You'll have to re-enact the late Murray Pezim act of the early 90's. I'm sorry but that is what was decided. Don't worry no bunges are involved. :bronco:

TGIF I'm having more than my share of drinks tonight while watching the Nucks take out the Ducks.

CDISDOWNFORTENBUCKSWORTHOFTICKETSFORTHEDRAW

Big Show

Sep 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The question today, does the great center midfielder for razorbacks take off those sweat pants and play?

I heard he didn't play last week because he was too embarassed...

He forgot to shave his legs. Don't worry we're not paying attention. GO GIRL!!!!

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RANGERS FC/POCO RAIDERS

The results of the above match was a big surprise. Rangers only won 2-1. The Poco side seemed content to play with 2 front runners and everybody else in their own 18 yard box. Cormack on a pk and Pasqua with a nice header were enough to seal the deal. Mightily impressed with the young kid who filled in at centreback when 2 Ranger clowns couldn't find the field on time. Number 3 I believe. The only negative was Bear finishing -1 in plus/minus although it's no shock as his game has been in decline for years:D . Hey Judgy, anything to add?

cheers, hiho silver

p.s.- how many more weeks until the league is clinched...... again?:cool:

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALU Razorbacks 2 LUFC 1

This game was a good game but the referee ruined it! Both teams had only 7 players on the field when the game ended . The referee was garbage! We missed one PK which should have put us up by another goal. Next is the Mighty Rangers we are going tohave only half our squad because of all the cards from this weekends game. (Time to bring up the young guys !!!):)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
highlanders on the fly!

I can't wait to hear this weeks report!
let me guess!
1)we were all over them.
2)maxwell wore his ranger jersey.
3)miller played his favorites.
4)timmy wasn't thier.
5)buckfast doesn't play for us.
6)rocko is a goon.
7)oscar got his voice back.
8)gnu played awsome!!!!!!!!!!
9)planzer is coming back.
10)mantei and sneddon ruined this team!

got to love this team! coach:cool:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocker: Highlanders Lose!

Aldergrove 4/Highlanders 2

We lost.
Maxwell wore his Rangers jersey but under his Highlander jersey.
I have no favorites after this weekend.
Everything else seems pretty accurate though.

My relegation conspiracy theory involving Oscar, Gnu and Balsa appears more and more the truth.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Friday night

Originally posted by AU Razor
Next is the Mighty Rangers we are going to have only half our squad because of all the cards from this weekends game. (Time to bring up the young guys !!!):)

Gee, that's a shame Razor on the #'s. ;)

I guess with respect to Friday we're back to the same old pre-game chat after our weekend reprieve with the Raiders.
"Lads, OK, Ya know they're young, so they're going to be fast....."
Same old, same old, week in, week out.
You have to chuckle mind you when a ref on Sunday, who's just finished reffing a O-35s match and walking off the pitch says:
"Is this another over 30's game?"
Ah, no.

PS Razor: Game is at Bear Creek at 7:30 Friday, NOT Newton at 8:00.

Cheers, see ya then. :mad: :rolleyes:

Big Show

Sep 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like like Razor is making excuses already.

Razor next Sunday on TTP:
"Yeah we didn't win because we were missing some of our key guys. We hit about 10 posts, and had five breakaways. Did I mention the reffing was brutal? We should have won though"

I'm predicting yet another "Should Have Won" for the Razorbacks.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: highlanders on the fly!

Originally posted by coach
I7)oscar got his voice back.
8)gnu played awsome!!!!!!!!!!
9)planzer is coming back.
10)mantei and sneddon ruined this team!
got to love this team! coach:cool:

With regard to excuses, you nailed it Kenno. Though you forgot to mention the Sasquatch sighting midway through the game ( no it wasn't Yakemchuk with his shirt off) that left us flustered. We are indeed running out of excuses. It's time to dig deep, play for each other, give it 100%, take it one play at a time, play a full 90 minutes, play both ways, stay with the runners, switch the field up, keep it on the floor and off course KEEP IT POSITIVE. If there's one thing worse than losing its having to hear all the lame cliche's that follow each loss.

Losing sucks and how do I change my vote?

Oscar can you hear me....

bricktop

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razor... Did'nt you also score a goal on a pk? How many do you want? Man you guys would be unstoppable if it was 90 minutes of pk's.
Watch out!:bronco:

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razor taking a ribbing!

Nothng like the sweet taste of almost winning?? Congrats on last weeks win but Razor we need to cut this stuff out of the daily posts. Should have or could have will most likely not be phrases you'll be spewing out this week. More like the Rangers were lucky and blah blah blah. I hope its a great game and if its not hopefully JO will be on Friday night. Unless we play highlander soccer of the last 3 weeks. God I hope not!

HV's ready to show up on Friday! Its all about the pride now and definetly the beer.

Good world cup practice boys. Let's carry that over.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets score more than 2 goals

If we don't want to finish under .500 the first thing we Highlanders need to do if score more goals. Important we get that first goal Friday night lads. Tested the ankle and its ready to go! Might need a tape job but once the adrnaline is pumping who cares what happens.

Heaney better bring some of that good white belgian chocolate cognac to the game, win or lose.

:wa: :wa: :wa:

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When halfvolley starts responding to his own posts, it's time for someone else to participate. (Perhaps he just forgot to use his other name : Cartdriver?) Regardless, here's hoping the Highlanders can get their cabers out of their arses and pull things together for a win. They should have a strong line-up as #4 has been benched for the weekend. Good luck boys and try to keep Heaney's rants on topic.

Oscar the absent...

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody There ?

Has anyone else noticed the absence of the man we know as GNU?

Is everything alright buddy? :confused:

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HV in disguise!

I don't know what you mean that HV may actually be CD.....although much like Janet and Michael, we have never been seen together in public!

I don't know what makes you think this....except for the fact that I do believe Halfvolley is awesome. If not the best new talented face in the FVSL, close to it. I gotta go now....got a running clinic in an hour....errrr, I mean, got some errands to run.

CDdoesn'tlookathinglikeHVexceptforthatToriSpellingtattoo:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Oscar Goldman
They should have a strong line-up as #4 has been benched for the weekend. Good luck boys and try to keep Heaney's rants on topic.

OK, now I'm confused. (Again)

#4 benched?
Heaney rants?

Shocked and stunned.

Lostforever

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders so desperate for a win, we have asked the FVSL to look into the fact Aldergrove used a player on the suspended list last week.

He was dominant and scored all 4 goals for them or else it would be a non-issue.:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
aldergrove?

Originally posted by Milhouse
Highlanders so desperate for a win, we have asked the FVSL to look into the fact Aldergrove used a player on the suspended list last week.
.:D

Do they even have internet access in Aldergrove to check the FVSL website for suspended players? Lol.

Also whats with the rumor I heard about Langley getting 7 red cards in their match with Alouette last weekend? Any info or did I miss something in a previous post?

Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0