Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 CAT results 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey U 7or 8 Khalsa 0

Slurrey pasted 3 by HOS' then he either yanked himself or he was yanked. Allot of the younger guys got a good run in today and played some nice stuff. Nice to see the future of Surrey U is going to be well taken care of. Which is good because I'm getting to old for this shite. :rolleyes:

Jackson Reeve of SFC Ranger fame got his first run in a Slurrey U kit today and played quite well. Solid addition to the Surrey back line and camp. I'm thinking he has a legitimate shot at the premier side once nationals are over.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MFWB fell behind early, lacking a goalkeeper. Richmond's lead lasted about a minute. The Wolves answered with the equalizer from Kambere. United took the lead again in the 15th minute and held it until the 38th minute, Alfano, notched his first goal as a Metro Ford player. Sensing a Metro Ford victory, strikers Humphries and Telford put on a display of how the game should be played as they quickly netted two brilliant goals, first Telford to Humphries and several minutes later Humphries to Telford. Humphries scored his second of the match early in the second. Richmond, to their credit never gave up and were rewarded for their effort with a late goal to keep the score line respectable.

Joch Robo

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joch's 09-10-2003 Post

Joch............aka Bigbag

How many pints had ye had when you posted .
You can't even copy someone elses post and get it right.
I think they call that plagiarism...............he he he

You'll always walk alone!:cool:

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joch Robo………aka Homosexual

I appreciate you noticing the size of my bag, but next time leave me out of your homoerotic fanatics… & for your information I was on my 5th...

Take a hike mate...hehehe

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3- Burnaby 0

The game was okay, we had the majority of play maybe due to the fact that Burnaby only had 8 guys till about 1 min before the game started.

Side note Brian Gibbson went done with what he thought was a broken leg, but the ambulance guy thought it might be dislocated. Hopefully whatever the case a speedy recovery for a classy player. Maybe Notty can update us on his situation at some point.

Cheers
JB

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Jock
your homoerotic fanatics…

Jock,

Seems like your side are the perfect compliment for a friendly with the Whalley Storm. They've got the meat. Apparently.

Buckfast

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is coming up to week 4 in the schedule and already (!!!???) we have to play on the same day at the same time as the Premier team, Sapperton A. In other years this happened once and only at the end of the season during make up games.

Meanwhile our opponent Richmond United (who do not have a team in Premier) play opposite their Div. 1 team).

So the Div. 1 teams get preference over Premier teams when there is a CAT schedule conflict?

Not that the Premier team would want anyone from my side, but it is the principle of the thing that pisses me off.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the weekend our CAT team did to BBY what we wanted to do and won 7 -0 and they only played a 15 minute second half before BBY packed it in. BBY had to play a good chunk of the premier players with the Millar in net and Corey Bruer(sp) up front. I don't think they had a sub. :rolleyes:

Our CAT squad is really on fire right now. No goals against and are averaging 6 (give or take) goals a game. Great stuff guys.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
umm ok.

They only played 15 minutes of the second half before BBY packed it in.

~HTHBH (Trademark Jinky)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two Things

Premier and Div 1 CAT teams playing at same time:

My earlier rant about the Sapperton B CAT team having to play at the same time as the Premier team may (not sure yet) have been a bit premature. Ruben left me a v-mail to say they are trying to move the game to Saturday.

Refereeing:

I don't often find myself commending referees but the guy who did the Pegasus B vs Sapperton B game Sunday did a pretty fair job I thought. He let the game flow well and gave out some cards for rough play as he should have. Peg got 3, we got 1.

I didn't get his name and have not seen him before but I do recall him playing and it just may have been for Firefighters some time ago in Premier. He looked familiar and I didn't recall his name. He has red hair, stocky guy.

Even when he gave me shite once, he did it in a way I could respect. The play was dead as our guy got clobbered from behind and winded. He came over and made it very clear that he didn't appreciate me yelling at him from 30 yards away for not giving a card. It seemed to me he got my point and I got his. I never said another word to him and he called a good game.

My point is that some refs seem to be looking to toss coaches for any criticism and do it in a way that is almost contemptuous. This guy was in my face angry but he heard what I had to say to. I missed complimenting him at the end but I saw players on both teams going out of their way to shake his hand.

I wouldn't mind having him again as a ref.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Change

Sapperton B will now play RUFC B on Saturday at 12 noon at King George #1.

This makes sense as the Premier team plays Sunday.

Hey McDirty: empty your mail box. You are full up now!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millar in the Pipes

Originally posted by knvb
BBY had to play a good chunk of the premier players with the Millar in net and Corey Bruer(sp) up front.

Sounds like the whole CAT system is really working out in Burnaby. :rolleyes:

I have heard that the U-21 team is not bad this year, so mabey next year they can pick up some more players.

Still very happy that Burnaby got the win vs. Surrey.

hos

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the Burnaby Cat team? Played them in the Labour day tourny and they had a pretty good squad with the former Metro Ford coach? Was there some kind of exodus?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg CAT 4
MF CAT 1

The young lads are on fire, especially Ryan Powell who pulled a KNVB, notching all 4 for us. Unlike KNVB though, he has scored a bunch more in other games :D

Reedie is a shite coach.

:D

~Regs.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

You're right ... he is. He gave you 90 mins!! :eek:

Nicely done out there big man. Also, good on ya MF for a well played game.

Bollocks

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton B 4 - RUFC 0

A relatively easy win for Sapperton with 4 goals and a natural hat trick by speedy Adamo Artuso who ran thru the Richmond backline with ease. Artuso scored on half of his runs, the others were chips that didn't find the net. Clearly he was man of the match with excellent sets up from both midfielders and backliners.

With Sapperton up 3 - 0 on Adamo's three goals, the scoring was finished with a PK by Dan McLuckie, who made up for a very narrowly missed PK in a 1 - 0 loss to Sports Town Fireman B two weeks ago.

The game included a head butt from the formerly classy Richmond side (last year they were) on a small guy and a forearm to the back of the head. While our guy was down and we were showing our displeasure, one of the Richmond players justified it by saying an earlier goal was offside. Some logic.

Some of my guys who are smaller have to remember our way is not to piss the clowns off and react in any way to the older plumbers with little skill. What started the rough stuff was a stupid attempt by a Sap player to slide into a guy from the front as the guy launched the clearance up the park. He was a rookie who I had just told to push up from mid field to meet the guy bringing up the ball so he did a dumb attempt at a tackle that started the first of a few confrontations on the day. Later he mistimed another tackle and took a card. I sat him after that until he caught on.

Where's Wally these days?

Saw the first Serbian goal vs RUFC A and thought the first goal was a bit against the run of play although the goal was nicely taken during some scrambly play in the Richmond box. At that point RUFC was taking it to them and playing with considerable pace that seemed to fade a bit after the goal. I left before the half ended.

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say it was an easy win, i will give the wee man up front credit, he can finish, but the first goal was weak,as richmond do not have a keeper yet we have to use one of our better players as a keeper,but our player is doing a good job. Richmond did not settle down until sapp scored their second, Richmond came right back and where unlucky to score a minute later,Richmond did create chances but again it came down to no finish. As far as saying the formerly classy Richmond, we could say the same for you , didn't you get sent from the park, and your sidekick,telling some of the Richmond old boys that they are hasbeens, classy Reccos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0