Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coutier Signs.

Is Dan Cloutier worth $3 Million per season?

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier Signs.

Cloutier signed yesterday for one year at $3 Million. His regular season numbers are easily worth that. Unfortunately he hasn't done shite in the playoffs. Perhaps this year. Or whenever they decide they might play again. Could be two years down the road.

That brings up an interesting question. If there is no season, will conntracts be void or will they have to be honored when the league kicks off again. A conversation for a different thread perhaps.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waste of fcuking $$$ once again... he is shite, will always be shite, and ya. Fcuk him. When will the cancucks ever learn???

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do you suppose the Canucks should sign then BJB? Typical Vancouver fan. All moans no solutions. Clouts is a good deal at 3-millon, I think. Run down all the other 30+ game winners and tell me how much they make will you? That a lad.

TheRob, one you killed my poll question of the day. Best consult with me before doing anything anymore. Who knows I may be able to stop these bone jaring funny posts of yours in the Arcade thread. :rolleyes: And two I would bet, though not much, that his contract doesn't start or kick in until "the season" does.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But are contracts pro-rated for the number of games played. So the 3 million is based on a 82 game season, but if they only play 41 because of a labour issue, does he only get half.

That is a great contract for both parties, Clouts has been solid for the last few years in the regular season, and the Nucks only needed to give 5 hundo more is great for them.
As for the play-offs, Clouts is not the only one shitting the bed when it comes to the post season, all the big names have come up lame.

hos

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no way cloutier is worth 3 million.....he hasn't won in the playoffs yet and until then he should be glad a team wants him to start nevermind holding out for a contract.

Morrison signing is a good one though...he is turning into a star quick and 3.5 million is a deal for this guy.....canucks need to lock him up quick before his contract hits 6 million a season.

Hey a least I can watch Cloutier make some saves during the regular season.....only to let in beach balls come April!

Those shots from center are a doozy!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
filling the net, i tottally agree with you.

knvb,

the canucks had many chances to pick up a decent goalie. yes it is not only the goalie fault when losing in the playoff's. but when a goalie gets hot he can take u all the way. yes i am a typical canuck fan and yes i will bitch about them when they are shite and praise em when they are good. i worked for the fckuers for 6 years. everyone has there own opinion. i know some of my friends love cloutier, some hate clouts. some love the sedins, some can't stand em... it's just how it goes. i never did like cloutier from day 1.

k got to get back to work here. damn clients.... :rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Waste of fcuking $$$ once again... he is shite, will always be shite, and ya. Fcuk him. When will the cancucks ever learn???

At least you can trade a signed player.... vs. NOT being able to get shite for an unsigned one. (The Canucks typically just let people walk away).

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing that is missing in this thread is the letter 'L' . Without it, it can be deemed MOOT . Sorry, I had to do it, even though everyone else probably noticed it and ignored it. :D

To stay on topic, he is the shits and the Canucks wasted money.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy, do you really think I would have ventured into this thread if the "L" was missing? I thought it was a minor piss take :p .

Waste of money, yes, b/c other quality players can be signed for less. I also agree with this statement...

(The Canucks typically just let people walk away).
It's just too bad the fans still support them when it happens... :rolleyes:

+SC

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts