Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bang on.

look back at my posts from the halfway point of last year to now...

the only positive thing that came from the magic rub of results that anti-football produced, I thought, would be the fact that the prize and tv money would help Walter buy some creative talent...but alas...

AtLeastSpursLookDecentThisYear

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van der Vaart will really help Madrid in the middle of the park this year. Has anyone seen his wife on TV?

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will not turn on the gers after 47 years of loyal support to the cause but it has to be said if your being honest-

I was proud of WS last season for makin lemonade out of pish but I thought he would use the off season to straighten out his problems and adding Lafferty, Miller (gave him a pass because of the Scotland relationship) and Velicka I thought that was part 1 of a 3 pronged change coming instead it stalled at part 1 and then Fergie and Cueller got injured and........no more clue as to what to do so try and fake it with the same tired old shite from last season. Hemdani not on the pitch was a big mistake in both legs IMO. If he's not playing when Ferguson's out then get rid.

Here's the bottom line.......this all goes back to last season when they went into Parkheid with the mhanky mhob on their knees. We should have started an attacking formation and had at her and let the pieces fall were they may, instead we went in 4-5-1 and played safe footie to try and tie the game and kill the season....Oops! From there we were fukced- END OF!:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will not turn on the gers after 47 years of loyal support to the cause but it has to be said if your being honest-

I was proud of WS last season for makin lemonade out of pish but I thought he would use the off season to straighten out his problems and adding Lafferty, Miller (gave him a pass because of the Scotland relationship) and Velicka I thought that was part 1 of a 3 pronged change coming instead it stalled at part 1 and then Fergie and Cueller got injured and........no more clue as to what to do so try and fake it with the same tired old shite from last season. Hemdani not on the pitch was a big mistake in both legs IMO. If he's not playing when Ferguson's out then get rid.

Here's the bottom line.......this all goes back to last season when they went into Parkheid with the mhanky mhob on their knees. We should have started an attacking formation and had at her and let the pieces fall were they may, instead we went in 4-5-1 and played safe footie to try and tie the game and kill the season....Oops! From there we were fukced- END OF!:cool:

You're right there, Cloughie........the manky mob knows all about being on their knees the last 3 years........your shite team wasn't good enough to finish of the season and your shite team is already out of Europe.....things can only go up I suppose because it is difficult for them to get worse.

And by the way it's 4 - 1 - 4 - 1 :D

FourFiveOne Loyal

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champions League group stage draw in full:
Group A: CHELSEA, AS Roma, Bordeaux, Cluj
Group B: Inter, Werder, Panathinaikos, Anorthosis
Group C: Barcelona, Sporting, FC Basel, Shakhtar
Group D: LIVERPOOL, PSV, Marseille, Atletico
Group E: MAN UTD, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg
Group F: Lyon, Bayern, Steaua, Fiorentina
Group G: ARSENAL, FC Porto, Fenerbahce, Dinamo Kiev
Group H: Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit, Bate

Group of Death thoughts?
I'm thinking D, F or G.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group of Death thoughts?
I'm thinking D, F or G.

No chance - H easily. The Spanish Champions, Juventus who are perennial contenders in both Serie A and the Champions League (when they're not match fixing) & the UEFA Cup holders ?? Wow ..........

On the other hand, United face an extremely tough Villarreal side and Celtic at home in the Champions League are very difficult.

Regardless, it should be another outstanding competition :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group E: MAN UTD, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg :eek:
Group G: ARSENAL, FC Porto, Fenerbahce, Dinamo kiev :eek:

Group of Death thoughts?
I'm thinking D, F or G.

Group H is the group of Death.....Chelsea have the easiest of the English and Scottish teams with Liverpool a close second....hardly a group of death.

Pick your two to come out of the groups now.......Most of them are fairly straight forward........I think. :confused:

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group E: MAN UTD, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg
Group G: ARSENAL, FC Porto, Fenerbahce, Dinamo Kiev

I dont predict many surprises.

Torres back @ Athletico, should be a good night.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea, Roma
Inter, Werder
Barca, Shakhtar
Liverpool, PSV
ManU, Villarreal
Lyon, Bayern
Arsenal, Fenerbahce
Real Madrid, Juventus

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea / Roma
Inter / werder
Barca / Shaktar
Psv / Athletico
Man u / Celtic
Bayern / Fiorentina
Arsenal / fenerbahce
Real / Juve

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead,

At the Super Cup Final. Would disagree with you predictions.Aalborg and Villareal through, as well as, Zenit.

BTW - the Zenit supporters continue to impress.

PSGandZenit Loyal

TB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenit looked very good.........and deserved the win. :thumbup:

I hope they get out of their group but they're struggling in their domestic league right now..........so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0