Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juve, Tough call on this fixture but with more CL experience Juve should pull through
AC Milan, This fixture has boredom written all over it, again, more experience puts AC into the semi's.
PSV, Another tossup, I hate the French so I reluctantly pick PSV
Chelsea, I think Mourinho has got his men in flying form and will take the 4-time champs out

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Predictions:
An all-WOP final would suck.

do you not know what WOP means? its a racial slur towards italian imigrants that landed in north america without papers. last time i checked these guys still live in europe. therefore, they can't be WOP's.....right ;)

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong, He could have called it an all divers final, that would be up to him, right. To set the record straight, an all guinea final would suck.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool-The only Spanish team left in the competition
ACM- Milan are just too good and will win this bore-terfinal
Lyon-Three-time defending French Champs, soon to be four. These guys can fly and not one of the other contenders wanted to meet them.
Chelsea-Is Bayern better than Barca? I think not. Later squareheads.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
steve1234 said:
Wrong, He could have called it an all divers final, that would be up to him, right. To set the record straight, an all guinea final would suck.

i know, i know. just couldn't quite remember if we were alowed to use racial or derogative slangs on this site :confused: .

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to see Internationale draw AC... Hopefully Inter take this one... I can't stand watching the New Jersey Devils any longer!!!

Forza Inter ~ G-Unit

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
... I can't stand watching the New Jersey Devils any longer!!!

Forza Inter ~ G-Unit

AC Milan, put on an absolute clinic against man. u in the last leg. some of the best 1 touch soccer i've ever seen. they make 5 passes quickly to move defenders where they want them to be, then shoot a runner through and capitilize. briliant soccer!!
this one should be a good tilt!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 Liverpool FC (well hoping.... anytime Juve lose is a good time)
2 AC Milan (though this might not be as boring if Sheva is fit and Adriano is back from his mid-season slumber)
3 PSV Eindhoven (though I haven't seen more than highlights from either team this year)
4 Chelsea FC (have been enjoying this English team thoroughly this year)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juve- Too strong for Liverpool, Nedved will be back by then.
Inter- My team have to pick them and now a little pay back from a few years ago.
Lyon- Looked great v Bremen.
Bayern- Kahn will shut the door.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
all the serie A haters are lucky milan and inter found each other. Otherwise there would be 3 "wop" teams in the semifinals.

Chelsea
AC Milan
Juve
PSV

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
AC Milan, put on an absolute clinic against man. u in the last leg. they make 5 passes quickly to move defenders where they want them to be, then shoot a runner through and capitilize. briliant soccer!!!

Nah, that type of thing doesn't work. Ask Whataboutbob, Sapperton tried it but you don't win games that way so they had to go back to kick and run. briliant soccer!!!

Where exactly does the capitalizing part of your observations fit in? In the second leg they scored once, off a cross headed over the keeper's head by Crespo. So after both legs that is a grand total of zero capitalizations by making five passes and shooting a runner through. briliant anyalsis!!!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juve did just enough. That away goal is huge. Soft one let in by the 'pool keeper, was it deflected after Canavarro headed it?

But what a cracker by Garcia!

Lyon PSV 1-1.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea played a great game against Bayern Munich yesterday as i thought didier drogba played an outstanding game and that header layoff to frank lampard was sheer brilliance...but with the late ballack penalty .. can bayern save themselves from elimination in the 2nd leg?..as a 2-0 score is easier to come by than 3-0...i personally think chelsea is too tough for bayern ....chelsea gets my vote to win it all this year

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern was crap. I haven't seen so many unforced turn overs and errand passes since last week's PCOV/Lomas game. I'm not sure they can do it either -- hold 'em to zero.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern has been the best home team IMO this year in Champs League. Even though Juve escaped with a lucky 1-0 win they got dominated that game. I say Bayern will keep going at Chelsea and pin them in their end and get a few goals. Will they win? I won't say yes but it isn't as impossible or improbable as some think. It'll be a great game and the 2nd goal could have saved Bayern's season in Europe.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
i thought didier drogba played an outstanding game and that header layoff to frank lampard was sheer brilliance

Agreed, he was unreal. Don't think I've ever seen a forward win so many freaking headers around the eighteen yard box. Bayern's centrebacks would line up to head it clear then Drogba would come flying in from the side about ten feet higher than everyone else and and nod it off to a teammate. What the fcuk?! Now that's how you play the long ball.

Is Kahn related to Encino man or what? Holy shite, does he look like a cro-magnon man. He should pull his shorts up higher too. Maybe if he got them up to his tits he'd get a cameo in Revenge of the Nerds III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0