Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks Sportsnet HD

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even though I am temporarily a Wild fan due to family playing for them I am still a Nucks fan in the depths of my heart, and missing the show is the best thing to have happen.

Issues this year: Luongo's perceived poor play in the first few weeks of the season and from the all star break to today. Injuries, wow...I know nobody from the Canucks Org will use it as an excuse...but they got hammered bad by the injury bug. Edler's drop off in performance, he will be fine...most Euro's and Rookies hit the wall somewhere in the final 3rd of the year in an 82 game gruelling season...and lack of scoring(Needs to be addressed as priority one)

I am steamed about last night, and some of the coaching blunders...Why is it that Henrik Sedin is taking the faceoff with 1:20 or so on the clock in the dying moments, and when he gets tossed from the spot Daniel is in for the faceoff, which he lost. They should have had Kessler or another capable faceoff guy there...That is a crucial coaching error...Bad Penalties at bad times killed them too last night.

I don't know what the answer is except for a few ideas...Naslund has to go...even if he is willing to play for league minimum...they need a culture change.
I would look to trade Bieksa, One of the other D (Edler or Bourdon) and Scnieder along with a #1 for Hartnell and Carter from Philly. I'm not sure that is enough going to philly, but some team like Philly that is hard up against the Cap.

The Canucks NEED to get stonger and meaner up front...The Sedins NEED to be a second line, not a first line...They are good, but they are not first liners on a team that will threaten for a cup.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cnut.

I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise. The worst thing that could have happened would be the ‘Nucks making it, then going a round or two w/ Naslund having good numbers- all of a sudden- in the playoffs. Thank GOD the owner of this team won’t be fooled into keeping the nucleus together. Time for MASSIVE changes in the leadership of this team.

This team has played like its Captain over the final stretch: lackadaisical, spotty, and with little enthusiasm. He always was and always will be a perimeter player. The only difference is that during his years of success, he could score at will from the perimeter. He rarely showed the willingness to consistently fight for position in front of the net.

Christ, I watched the Pittsburg / Philly game the other night and it was like a new awakening...this is what intense hockey was supposed to be like. Highly entertaining, highly emotional, lots of hitting, and a young Captain that was driving the net with complete fearlessness and disregard for his body.

Naslund has never, and I mean NEVER shown the same level of fearlessness, intensity, and willingness to sacrifice as player like Iginla, Forsburg, Sakic, and now Sid. You can probably come up with 20 more current Captains in the league now you'd rather have wearing the C.

About 5 years ago, I remember posting here that I would welcome a trade, Naslund for Iginla, straight-up. I remember taking HEAPS of criticism for that, because Naslund was in the midst of an MVP quality season. Iginla was washed up- a one-shot wonder.

And, yes...I put loads of blame on the Captain. A great Captain leads. He sets the example, and the other players follow that example. Look at the current crop of players, most mirror Naslund’s personality. Most seemed afraid to fail, like he does.

That fear of failing will always hold Naslund back. He'd do well to get a fcuking head shrink over the summer, and take a new attitude to his new city.

Anyhow...Here's to, hopefully, watching a great Pittsburg / Washington series. Wow...how about Ovechkin last night? Now that is heart.

holy chit! :eek: i can finally agree with u on sumthin!

BANG ON!

cheers

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

I do agree the canucks need a change. I'm still not convinced that someone else on this team could have done a better job then Naslund. Any guy in that dressing room could have motivated the team, it just took somebody to do it. Not a single guy in that dressing room had it in them. The closest thing to spirit and heart to motivate is inside of Kesler and Burrows and we know neither of them can be captain. I don't think Naslund is a true leader but I think he is a great person and has been a great Canuck. I'm just never going to hang him out to dry like the rest of this town is...I'll miss you markus

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It goes like this... You're getting older and done an average job as a Captain in a Canadian city with high expectations. Thanks... ba...bye. And oh yes... you're a nice guy.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It goes like this... You're getting older and done an average job as a Captain in a Canadian city with high expectations. Thanks... ba...bye. And oh yes... you're a nice guy.

No we should have gotten Richards as Dude suggested. He sure has turned Dallas in the right direction. I wish we had that 10 million on the salery next year so we could have no money to do anything again. He could be the playmaker amongst no goal scorers. We could slap a C on him though and call him the leader...muppets. We all knew we would have to wait until next year to free cap space and have a go but somehow we are surprised this team didn't excel. The wayner couldn't lead this group of manitoba moose past the first round.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I hung him out to dry the day Burke named him Captain, so at least I'm consistent.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those major deals to get Jokinen or Richards and send away the Sedin's doesn't look so bad now. Any one of those high priced guys could have scored as many points as the Sedin's combined in the last 15 games.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides, just because BR hasn't worked out short term in Dallas, doesn't mean he wouldn't have worked out long term here. We'll never know.

Now Vancouver is in a position of having to find a new Captain. They can't very well bring in a high priced star and just hand it to him. It needs to be to someone who has established a relationship and gained respect in the room.

I think the best move going forward next season will be to sign what you can from the free agen market, hopefully get a lot tougher in the top 6, and go through training camp and maybe till the all-star break w/ a rotating Captain, then at the break name your guy.

That would be about as fresh a start as you'll get.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now Vancouver is in a position of having to find a new Captain. .

Pretty sure they will simply pass the C over to Willie.

Vancouver is however in a position of having to find an entire 2nd line, or arguably a 1st line.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as the Coach and Willie don't get along to well at times, don't be so sure they give the "C" to Mitchell. They will give it to someone they know will be here long term.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He'll be here long term. If any system fits Willie, it's AV's.

I see him getting it too. I'd just like to see something innovative; say the 'Nucks bring in a player that otherwise would be deemed worthy. A rotation period would allow the coaches, management, and most important players to see how that new player fits in.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0