Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks Sportsnet HD

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a heads up that tonight's game is on Sportsnet HD!

Apparently 7 more games before the new year on Sportsnet will also be HD - great stuff!

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The following Vancouver Canucks games feature HD broadcasts on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific available on Bell Express Vu (Channel 852), Delta Cable (Channel 294), Novus Entertainment (Channel 132) and Star Choice Television (SHAW) (Channel 298):

Minnesota @ Vancouver Friday, November 16 @ 7 p.m. PT
Calgary @ Vancouver Sunday, November 18 @ 5 p.m. PT
Vancouver @ Edmonton Tuesday, November 20 @ 6 p.m. PT
Chicago @ Vancouver Sunday, November 25 @ 7 p.m. PT
Vancouver @ Los Angeles Monday, December 10 @ 7:30 p.m. PT
Vancouver @ Anaheim Wednesday, December 12 @ 7 p.m. PT
New Jersey @ Vancouver Tuesday, December 18 @ 7 p.m. PT
Vancouver @ Calgary Monday, December 31 @ 6 p.m. PT

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The following Vancouver Canucks games feature HD broadcasts on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific available on Bell Express Vu (Channel 852), Delta Cable (Channel 294), Novus Entertainment (Channel 132) and Star Choice Television (SHAW) (Channel 298):

Vancouver @ Anaheim Wednesday, December 12 @ 7 p.m. PT

Anybody else not getting this game in HD on the channels Regs gave us? I've got nothing in Delta on 294. :mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Update for the rest of the season:

PHP:
Monday, January 21  7:00 PM  Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Wednesday, January 23  7:00 PM  St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Tuesday, January 29  7:00 PM  Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Sunday, February 10  7:00 PM  Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Thursday, February 14  7:00 PM  Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Friday, February 29  7:00 PM  Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Thursday, March 6  7:00 PM  Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Thursday, March 20  6:00 PM  Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers 
Friday, March 21  7:00 PM  Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Sunday, March 30  7:00 PM  Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks 
Tuesday, April 1  7:00 PM  Colorado Avalanche vs. Vancouver Canucks

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fat lady has sung!!!!!!!!!! This team is definitely offensively challenged,but incredibly also lacks toughness.There is no intimidation factor facing these Canuckleheads night in and night out. Very poor season,although i will say injuries didn't help.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's look at the bright side of things:

Next year, all PPV games will be in HD!

:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was painful.

Guess it's time to cheer for Washington now. If they don't get in, the seasons over for me

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cnut.

I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise. The worst thing that could have happened would be the ‘Nucks making it, then going a round or two w/ Naslund having good numbers- all of a sudden- in the playoffs. Thank GOD the owner of this team won’t be fooled into keeping the nucleus together. Time for MASSIVE changes in the leadership of this team.

This team has played like its Captain over the final stretch: lackadaisical, spotty, and with little enthusiasm. He always was and always will be a perimeter player. The only difference is that during his years of success, he could score at will from the perimeter. He rarely showed the willingness to consistently fight for position in front of the net.

Christ, I watched the Pittsburg / Philly game the other night and it was like a new awakening...this is what intense hockey was supposed to be like. Highly entertaining, highly emotional, lots of hitting, and a young Captain that was driving the net with complete fearlessness and disregard for his body.

Naslund has never, and I mean NEVER shown the same level of fearlessness, intensity, and willingness to sacrifice as player like Iginla, Forsburg, Sakic, and now Sid. You can probably come up with 20 more current Captains in the league now you'd rather have wearing the C.

About 5 years ago, I remember posting here that I would welcome a trade, Naslund for Iginla, straight-up. I remember taking HEAPS of criticism for that, because Naslund was in the midst of an MVP quality season. Iginla was washed up- a one-shot wonder.

And, yes...I put loads of blame on the Captain. A great Captain leads. He sets the example, and the other players follow that example. Look at the current crop of players, most mirror Naslund’s personality. Most seemed afraid to fail, like he does.

That fear of failing will always hold Naslund back. He'd do well to get a fcuking head shrink over the summer, and take a new attitude to his new city.

Anyhow...Here's to, hopefully, watching a great Pittsburg / Washington series. Wow...how about Ovechkin last night? Now that is heart.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cnut.

I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise. The worst thing that could have happened would be the ‘Nucks making it, then going a round or two w/ Naslund having good numbers- all of a sudden- in the playoffs. Thank GOD the owner of this team won’t be fooled into keeping the nucleus together. Time for MASSIVE changes in the leadership of this team.

This team has played like its Captain over the final stretch: lackadaisical, spotty, and with little enthusiasm. He always was and always will be a perimeter player. The only difference is that during his years of success, he could score at will from the perimeter. He rarely showed the willingness to consistently fight for position in front of the net.

Christ, I watched the Pittsburg / Philly game the other night and it was like a new awakening...this is what intense hockey was supposed to be like. Highly entertaining, highly emotional, lots of hitting, and a young Captain that was driving the net with complete fearlessness and disregard for his body.

Naslund has never, and I mean NEVER shown the same level of fearlessness, intensity, and willingness to sacrifice as player like Iginla, Forsburg, Sakic, and now Sid. You can probably come up with 20 more current Captains in the league now you'd rather have wearing the C.

About 5 years ago, I remember posting here that I would welcome a trade, Naslund for Iginla, straight-up. I remember taking HEAPS of criticism for that, because Naslund was in the midst of an MVP quality season. Iginla was washed up- a one-shot wonder.

And, yes...I put loads of blame on the Captain. A great Captain leads. He sets the example, and the other players follow that example. Look at the current crop of players, most mirror Naslund’s personality. Most seemed afraid to fail, like he does.

That fear of failing will always hold Naslund back. He'd do well to get a fcuking head shrink over the summer, and take a new attitude to his new city.

Anyhow...Here's to, hopefully, watching a great Pittsburg / Washington series. Wow...how about Ovechkin last night? Now that is heart.

Even though I understand your anger at Naslund and wouldn't disagree with most of what you have said the problem with the Canucks does not lie directly at his feet! This team has had a problem with scoring for 3 years now and not once have we made a move that changes that...just the same old plug a 3rd or 4th liner in for a different plumber. Until Nonis makes some serious changes to the top 2 lines and yes that means the Sedins( the disapearing act each year at this time is becoming a little tired) this team will be the same. Naslund has decreased his play in each of the last 3 years and when he had value while that was happening Nonis didn't have the foresight or guts to move him and be proactive in molding a team. Thats not Naslunds fault, thats Nonis and Tambellini. As a whole this team was very tough to watch this year with the indifferent play and lack of grit, and yes Naslund has his part in that but that is not his game. Bottom line is we overestimated our defense, lack of scoring and injuries killed us this year. The Canucks are just not good enough to compete every night as a team.

JMO

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree the problems are far reaching, but...leadership is the most important aspect of any organization. The single most important leader of the Canucks or any team is not their Coach, it is their Captain.

The players aren't willing to "go to war" with their leader. Period. Can't wait till he's no longer in the uniform.

I also feel that perhaps Noonis has to go. I can't see that he can operate effectively as a GM w/ a 1 year deal. He'll be fleeced. This year he was on the outside looking in on many a deal, and I think he was simply exposed as not being "in the club". I think to keep cohesiveness in the org, Noonis needs to be given the walking papers, and Tambelini the keys.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree the problems are far reaching, but...leadership is the most important aspect of any organization. The single most important leader of the Canucks or any team is not their Coach, it is their Captain.

The players aren't willing to "go to war" with their leader. Period. Can't wait till he's no longer in the uniform.

I also feel that perhaps Noonis has to go. I can't see that he can operate effectively as a GM w/ a 1 year deal. He'll be fleeced. This year he was on the outside looking in on many a deal, and I think he was simply exposed as not being "in the club". I think to keep cohesiveness in the org, Noonis needs to be given the walking papers, and Tambelini the keys.

I agree with a lot of what you said especially Naslunds fear of failure. Naslunds biggest problems are the little voices inside telling him he is not good enough. On the other hand I don't agree that professional athletes play should revolve around the captains leadership. The team has plenty of guys that have a voice and are leading that team. Go to war because you play to win and if guys can't do that despite their captain you don't belong in this league. Thats The coach, management and ownerships fault for having a team full of guys that aren't willing to sacrafice themselves for victory. I'm under the feeling that you control how you play and at this level if you're still a sheep falling the shepard how the fukc did you get to this league. The leader certainly has a role and we need a new captain but I put a lot more responsibility on the whole team and not just a guy who wears a little C on his chest. I can't see anyone on this team having the C and making a difference. Is Willy's defensive style going to inspire, or is bieksa I give up more then a whoore on hastings going to lead this team, how about the sedins the going gets tough and we disappear.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the game last night and was surrounded by thousands of people in disbelief with the effort!

Seriously... They need to trade Naslund for anyone with an ounce of leadership. This guy even interviews like he's asleep and the team needs motivation from their captain! Go out and get a CANADIAN born leader and put the C on his jersey for next year!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive,

All you have to do is look to all great championship teams over history. The common denominator is that they all had a great, undisputed leader to follow: Fabio Cannavaro, Zinadine Zidane, Mark Messier, Eric Cantona, Maurice Richard, Scott Thomas, Wayne Gretzky, Derek Jeeter, Mario Lemieux, Tom Brady, Brett Favre…the list goes on and on. These teams all had great individual players, and they all looked to one guy to lead the charge. All of those guys had the common abilities to will their teams to victory.

This applies in all aspects of life. Great companies have great leaders at the helm, leading very good people under the umbrella. Great governments are led by great leaders.

When the Calgary Flames went through their unlikely run a few years back, what did Jerome Iginla do in each round? He literally beat up the perceived leader from each team, on his way to the 7th game of the finals. In Vancouver, Matias Ohlund was shutting him down, and was a linchpin on offense. In game 4, Iggy beats him up to the point that Ohlund is invisible the rest of the way. If I recall, Vancouver was up 2-1 in the series at this point.

Next round, beats up Darian Hatcher in Detroit. This went on in every series (Damphouse, Lecavalier), and what was a very underrated, undermanned squad went all the way to just run out of gas in game 7 and be beat by another great leader, Dave Andrechuck. That is leadership. He willed his team to go as far as they could.

When you want to win the war, you need to cut the head of the General. Change starts w/ leaving Naslund out of the plans, and removing Noonis.

And, sadly, yes: NHL History shows that only one non-Canadian player has captained a Stanley Cup winner, and his name was Darian Hatcher, who cut his teeth in the Canadian OHL.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0