Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Linden- 2014/2015 changes [Off season]

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalie was never their fault last year. It was all about lack of production from the forwards. Canucks head three lines of line thee players and line four. there was no line one. Benninig must add two guys that can score at will. If he does not add the two guys club will miss the playoffs again. He knows it Trever knows it. Second line centre must be fast and all about attacking. Not some guy that scores seven goals all year and has sixteen assists. Club must have six guys that score twenty goals a year to make the playoffs.
I think Benning will add a guy or two. Miller will do fine as long as he stays calm. Lack will develop and be the number one. He is a fighter.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The club could never commit fully to a rebuild, not with the Sedins for another 4 years - you have to take advantage of them and you can do that with a mixture of vets and youth.

What we need to see in October is at least 2 rookies in the line-up and someone like Kassian given a run with the twins for a whole season.

With regards to Lack / Miller, Lack is not ready for #1 status, he needs more time with Rollie to perfect his game and he won't get that being a #1

I used to think we needed to resign Santorelli but doing so would take away any chance Horvat or another youth prospect would have in growing into a #2 center.

I say load up the top 2 lines, have a solid 4th line and let the 3rd be all rookies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eddie Lack is 26 years old, posted a .912 save % going 16-17-5 on a bad team with no run support... 4 shutouts also. $1.150MM Cap Hit.

By comparison- Ryan Miller who is 33, posted two sets of numbers...Buffalo (Second worst team in NHL) and went .923 save % with a record of 15-22-3 with zero shutouts, and his move to a good St Louis team saw his numbers drop off considerably with .903 save % but 1 SO and went 10-8-1 (*8 losses making up a third of the Blues losses all year totaling 23- and he came at the deadline!)

Miller, as well as Luongo and a whole host of other goalies seem to put up better numbers on poor teams when they're facing a lot of shots.

As a stop gap I like Miller, however a 3 year term imho is bad....also bad is that Benning can frame this up as mentoring all he wants, why would Lack (who is only contracted through the end of the 15/16 season) sign as a UFA here again with Miller having a year to run, and his deal includes a limited NTC.

Benning never got any scoring punch. This team couldn't score on a hooker last year, now some will say that was a combination of injuries to their scoring players and a bad system by a coach that lost the room early on, or that this team is just not capable of scoring anymore and hasn't since Boston sent them packing in the Cup Finals in '11.

Asssuming our RFA's get dealt with appropriately and I know that the ownership group and Linden need to sell tickets...

With this lineup:
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Kassian - Bonino - Higgins
Hansen - Matthias - Dorsett
Vey/Jensen - Richardson - Sestito

Edler - Bieksa
Hamhuis - Sbisa
Tanev- Stanton
Corrado

Lack & Miller

this leaves 7.2M in Cap space and not a lot left on the board for Scoring in UFA-land.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
UFA's on the board with any Scoring legacy include:
Dany Heatley, Michal Handzus, Todd Bertuzzi, Olli Jokinen, Ville Leino, Dustin Penner, Devin Setoguchi, & Ray Whitney. Nothing too promising.

I'd be inclined to have a look at Setoguchi, that's about it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly what the group is banking on is that in terms of scoring, the squad will not have all the career lows happening (or something to that effect, you know what I mean).

At the end of the day, the 'Nucks barely missed out on the playoffs and that was with below average numbers from so many.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Santorelli was scoring but it looks like they want him to go. I like how hard he plays. Johnny I do agree Sentoguchi should be here. Den Heatly with twins could end-up with twenty five goals. Club must add scoring guys. Some how I think Trev and Benning are going to make a trade.
Vey can score goals. We might see him with 15 twenty goals.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't touch Heatley with a bargepole. He's a total fraud.

Vey's played a total of 18 NHL games with no goals, has been about a Point per game player in the AHL, although he was playing mostly with Toffoli... was Toffoli making him look good or was he making Toffoli look good?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks add three more younger player to the club. One or two might see time with Canucks next year. Dustin Joffrey C did pay few games with Dales last year even scored a goal or two. Cal O' Raily C most likeley will start with Utica, I think he might make the big club next year and club adds a young D who played in KHL last year. Italian lad good size could get time with Canucks if Tenev gets move as I heard Detroit is after him. We might see a forward coming back this way. In my opinion good move by Benning adding younger guys could work out.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Verbata is old but line one is much better. He will score thirty goals with twins. Line two still not good enough. Bonino is a line three guy Matthias is also line three centre. Bo is not ready for line two. Grabowski to add and things will get better. Jensen might have to look for a team yet. How about Jensen and Tenev to Winipeg for Kane. We cold make the playoffs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One thing for sure, Utica Comets will be a much stronger team this year with or with out Travis Green. Benning keeps on adding lots of guys on third and fourth lines and for Utica club. No chance for all these guys to stay. Two thee junior guys will have to start in Utica and than see how it works out. I am still not sure what is going to happen with Murkstrom with Miller's addition. Vrbata and twins line one.
Higgens Bonino and Kasian line two. Vey Matthisa Jensen line three. Not sure where Burrows an Hansen will fit in. Richardson Dorsett Gernier. We might see one more trade with Burrows Hansen an Tenev with some club in the eastern group. Santorelli went sailing to big Toronto team.
Youg man is loughing all the way to Bank. 1.5 mill is not so bad for a guy from North Van. I hate like hell to see him go. Benning wants his guys in.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanev signed 1yr deal.

Benning doesn't waste any time, eh?

I like how he works, hopefully the players take note and appreciate what he's doing in making decisions and moving swiftly.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs I like it Tenev is a solid player. Who is next, is Matthias signed for longer period? We might see all the guys in the fall be ready to kick some ars. Twins might endup with sevety points same for Verbata. It all depends how ready Kassian comes. Higgens is always ready. Bonino will be ready for sure. He knows he will have a total chance for second line centre. I also think Bo is going to play well in the fall. He wants to make the team. Shinkaruk will be kicking ars, he's heck of a player with bit of a chip on his sholder. Spiza is very good player team is getting better with every move Benning makes. Coach reminds of of Vinj.
If only they could get hold of Grabowski via trade than we would have tons of pace. I am not sure if Grabowski has signed with team.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs I like it Tenev is a solid player. Who is next, is Matthias signed for longer period? We might see all the guys in the fall be ready to kick some ars. Twins might endup with sevety points same for Verbata. It all depends how ready Kassian comes. Higgens is always ready. Bonino will be ready for sure. He knows he will have a total chance for second line centre. I also think Bo is going to play well in the fall. He wants to make the team. Shinkaruk will be kicking ars, he's heck of a player with bit of a chip on his sholder. Spiza is very good player team is getting better with every move Benning makes. Coach reminds of of Vinj.
If only they could get hold of Grabowski via trade than we would have tons of pace. I am not sure if Grabowski has signed with team.

Vikram Vinj??? does he make good Indian food?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs Alain Vigneault that's who I ment. Inian food is fine but it might give you but each. Team is getting better but it's going to be dam hard to make the playoffs with all those good teams. I think Edmonton is improved the most so far. Benning is trying hard. Grabowski has signed with Washington for one year, three mill. Not coming here. One of Shars guys wants out maybe we can see deal between the clubs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toronto radio talk. Canacks and Toronto are close on a trade deal. Not sure who it might be.
Colud be Hansen could be Burrows, could be just radio talk. I don't think Burrows would agree with a move.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0