Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Linden- 2014/2015 changes [Off season]

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows' contract is essentially unmovable even without a NTC... he's now been thoroughly exposed as just another plug living off the avails of riding shotgun with the Sedins...

And he's hockey's version of Luis Suarez, among other things...

They should have used a compliance buyout on him and kept Booth on the books for his final year when they weren't going to win anything anyway...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A plug?

With Kesler gone now, there isn't a more versatile player on the team that can play in ALL situations... the dude had one off year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not even close if you use time-on-ice / time-on-pitch ... Suarez gets 90 minutes per match while Burr gets 20 minutes tops?

:)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 goals in 49 games, posted a -9, and had a 4.8 shooting percentage. And he pocketed about six million. Most definitely a plug.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb, while I know where you're going with the comments- Burrows has had only one really shockingly poor season- in a season where Tortorella had the entire team all bent out of shape.

I think if it had been the second or third year in a row of poor performances you'd have seen Linden and Bening use the compiance buyout on #14 instead of booth.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
$6M? Are you sure it wasn't eight or nine?

18 mil for 4-year contract 2013-17 + 4 mil signing bonuses (1st year 6 mil + 2 mil signing bonus, 2nd year 5 mil + 1.5 mil signing bonus, 3rd year 4 mil + 500K signing bonus, 4th year 3 mil). Cap hit 4.5 mil per season.

So, yes, you are right; last season he made 8 mil and next season he will pocket 6.5 mil.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burr will make more last year and this year (with bonuses) than all his previous years combined :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for him - he was drastically underpaid for a long time there...let him make some money now when The Nucks have no shot a cup anyways.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is much talk about Dana Fox one of the Canucks prospects. They young man was a scoring machine in the juniors, will we see him up with the Canucks? Youth movement might happen in the fall or year after. And Johhy I agree with you Booth should have been here for another year.
He just might have turned his game around. With addition of Bonino and Vey, Booth would have done well.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Johnny you got me wrong. I know you did like Booth. I head the same fillings about Booth. String of bad luck, he gets bought out. It is dam hard to replace his speed.
What do we know Linden knows it all. We will see how it goes in the fall. Ship might be rocking along the way. Maybe Benning will still adds a second line forward. Both you and I know they need more there.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A second line player? We do? I don't... Canucks need to be average to bad imho.

They didn't need to add Ryan Miller - but Benning and Linden are being paid to keep the team competitive while rebuilding.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benning has just added Dog Lidster to a coaching group. Finally we get to see some guys coming back this way. Stanton reminds me of Lidster the way he plays. I am sure all the folks in Kamloops are proud of Dog getting a job with Canucks. Future coach of Canucks. Nice.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to watch Canucks prospects,one thing for sure they are much bigger team than two years ago. Bo looks ready for fall,McCann will be a tough kid if he gets his scoring going in NHL Kesler trade is a plus for Canucks. Fox is a fox for sure, Shinkaruk will surprize lots of guys. Gaunce is ready if given a chance. Big Sweed they just signed for D is a big strong guy. There will be no pushing him around. Over all above average for future of Canucks. In my opinion Casels has the most talent out of all of them.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny you are right Lindan Vey will be clubs third line centre. He just got 800 grand deal today. Oo boy season is going to be long with all the youth they plan to use. How is Horvat going to fit in, or Dane Fox. With new coach it will be a jump or a bust. I hope Benning rethinks and adds an mature forward for a second line. Heck we might see 7 zip win or seven zip loss.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vey is getting every chance to make the team and render either of Richardson or Matthias irrelevant.

If he makes the team Horvat and Gaunce will not. Dane Fox will have to be outstanding to make the team in camp. I'll go out on a limb here ( ;) ) and state for the record He'll start the season in Utica.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they get rid of Matthias that would be the dumbest move of Canucks ever. Big guy that can skate and score. It was not his fault if he head pylons for team mates last year. This year kids will run around like chickens with heads off. Only twins and Verbata will look like NHL players. Only on PK Canucks will chip in a goal or two. Horvat and Fox are both stronger than Vey, I am just laughing if Benning thinks club will make the playoff's with Vey as third line and Bonino as second line centres. It will be hay Day for Ducks,Edmonto,Sharks,La, Chicago,Calgary when they play Canucks. Calgary is going big and strong just as LA Sharks and Ducks. Edmonton has improved tons this year.
Rocking Rocking ship this year. I think they should drop beer price to half this coming year. At least one can have few beer.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0