Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Linden- 2014/2015 changes [Off season]

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even a yard chicken gets lucky ever so often. Fox head sixty four goals last year. Maybe adding him to forth line might make Vey as the deal of the year. Fox can sore way can pass. Horvat can and will hit on open ice only few really do that in NHL now days. Club must add youth in the line-up even if it makes it hard to make play-off's. All said Vey should be fourth line in my opinion. Matthias in third line. Matthias has way more experience in NHL. Also the same size as the guys he plays against. Smaller guys drop ten pounds by Christmas and start lacking strength for the last kick.
Again one must stay positive and see what will happens. Some how I see no room for Burrows or Hansen on the team,Jensen might be gone. Vey five points in 18 games last year???. You just watch for that Shinkaruk next season I think he will be there.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One loves bikes but gas powered not been powered. Far far many been powered guys last year. With all this youth movement one hopes in four years we might see better outcome. One could see Doug Lidster as a head coach by that time. As we see coaches get kicked out like a yard dogs every year. Teams have bums with no ball coaches get the finger.
Mtkb do you think that Twins and Verbata will stay around for four years. If Kassian, Bonino and Higgens are your second line,god help you. All at the best third line. Guys on third and fourth line I have no problem with. There is no way that club will be able to play other teams line two with those three guys on Canucks line two. Kes will eat them alive.
Well folks score is six zip for Ducks and could get bigger. Burrows and Hansen could bring second line good wing. Make the moves needed to keep fans in the seats. Jensen needs development. N-York would love Burrows. Alexander Genier in the Utica is just as good as Hansen. Give the guy a chance. Or Archi-B he is ready.

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
One loves bikes but gas powered not been powered. Far far many been powered guys last year. With all this youth movement one hopes in four years we might see better outcome. One could see Doug Lidster as a head coach by that time. As we see coaches get kicked out like a yard dogs every year. Teams have bums with no ball coaches get the finger.
Mtkb do you think that Twins and Verbata will stay around for four years. If Kassian, Bonino and Higgens are your second line,god help you. All at the best third line. Guys on third and fourth line I have no problem with. There is no way that club will be able to play other teams line two with those three guys on Canucks line two. Kes will eat them alive.
Well folks score is six zip for Ducks and could get bigger. Burrows and Hansen could bring second line good wing. Make the moves needed to keep fans in the seats. Jensen needs development. N-York would love Burrows. Alexander Genier in the Utica is just as good as Hansen. Give the guy a chance. Or Archi-B he is ready.

is that North York, as in the North York Rockets of the CSL?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb don't be talking about rockets look what them commies did to the poor folks going on holidays. Alain loves Burrows. He would love to have him play in New York.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch Booth have a 22 goal season in Toronto next season. We will see his replacement score ten for Canucks next season. Just like Raymond as he will have a chance to show Canucks how good he really is. Colorado is bit better for next year. The kid signed today.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks young stars are 0 for three in Penticton. Twice they lost in OT and once to Calgary 6 to 1. Shinkaruk,Jensen, Gaunce and Fox are doing something. Bo and rest of them need to go for six K runs four times a week. Out of shape. We might see Shinkaruk with the first team for a log while. Bo needs to go to Utica to learn how to play NHL game.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean that the VERY young prospects drafted by 3 other teams with better drafting positions over the least 5 years are beating the Nucks in a Rookie Pre Season Tourney? You Don't Say?!

FFS.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop I know that all I am saying he is not ready. Send the sucker to KHL for a year. How the heck does he think, he will play in the NHL if he is not in shape. Shinkaruk works hard each shift.Way better shape. One thing for sure keeper they have is above average. Traves Green will take few guys to Utica but not more than four.Rest will end up in juniors. Traves is a dam good coach if the guys do not work hard each shift they will be sent to east coast league.
Jensen should be rocking,yet he is just costing.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks no longer have a sole ECHL Affiliate - they now share the available 2 way contracted player roster spots with Cloumbus, again don't let lack of knowledge get in the way of a good story. FFS (again)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did last year. As of this year I did not look to see who they have. All the same NFW of making playoffs with what they have. Close but NFW.Johanson would look good in Canucks uni. Send Bo to Columbus. Man if you are not in shape at 19 what the frack is going to happen when he gets to be twenty four years old.
Or maybe ship him Winipeg for Burnaby kid before he gets no trade contract. It will be a long season with these guys. Running around hard but net result will be the same. Got to give credit to GM at least he is trying. Old GM did dick all.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll agree with you on the old GM comment. Benning has made moves, like them or not, and is changing this roster around.

I'm standing to be corrected, but you're the only person who's commented (at least from what I've seen) on Horvat not being in shape.

As for Johansen, I'd love to see him here. However making a trade with Columbus to get a highly prized unsigned RFA is going to be a challenge, as of now the Nucks have ~$2M in cap space (could go up or down depending on which ELC guys make the team)

The biggest news I've seen out of camp thus far has been the comments by Benning and Desjardins on going into this season with 3 goalies because they fear losing Markstrom going through waivers to be assigned in the AHL and they feel they'll need him at some point this year and if they send him down following the start of the season they'll be less likely to lose him with other teams having their roster spots full and cap hits close to complete... an extra roster spot going to a non skater means it's that much harder for an ELC guy to make the squad (such as Horvat, Fox, Shinkaruk, Vey, etc)

This is the current setup from Capgeek, and what I'll predict to be the starting roster when the regular season rolls around.
CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($5.000m)
Zack Kassian ($1.750m) / Nick Bonino ($1.900m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Linden Vey ($0.735m) / Jannik Hansen ($2.500m)
Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Shawn Matthias ($1.750m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Luca Sbisa ($2.175m)
Chris Tanev ($2.000m) / Ryan Stanton ($0.550m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)
GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($6.000m)
Eddie Lack ($1.150m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.200m)
BUYOUTS
David Booth ($0.000m)
Keith Ballard ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARIES (1.16% of upper limit)
Roberto Luongo ($0.800m—15.00%)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,993,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,006,667

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three kids got sent back to junior program. Two guys on pro tryouts are turning heads. RJ Wyman has scored two goals in his first camp with Canucks. Same for youngster with ? size.
Few older guys better step it op or things might change. Young Cassels might be here for a long while.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bag of dicks Vey and Shinkaruk look good.Anderson the same. Old timers look out of shape. No legs. Lack will fight for his job. Bo could be another Tony Tantti pick up garbage around the net.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
More youngsters get sent back to juniors. Cassels,Cedarholm and Subs got the papers to junior clubs. Subs scored a goal in NHL friendly game makes you think he will get bigger and stronger in a year or two. New addition Spiza looks tough enough to have a spot in top six. Vey has enough speed and grit. Lack states I will be at least number two. Over all I still think club needs to add a guy like Klarkson to make the playoffs.
Only if Verbata and twins have over seventy points each that I see us making the playoffs. Teams like Calgary could be the bust or they can knock us out. Youth they have looks bit better than what we have. Edmonton will shite the bed again with their coach. That guy needs few yellow pills to slow down. His team is tighter then the piano string. I see him saying good buy half way through the season.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sbisa was top 6 on a better Ducks team, why wouldn't he ne top 6 here? Thanks Captain Obvious.
The only time Vrbata has ever gone over 70 points was in Junior...If Henrik & Daniel stay healthy they will come in right around the mid 70's for points and could drag Vrbata along...although they never got Burrows all the way there, that was partially because Kesler rode shotgun on a lot of PP over the years so the wealth could be spread a little bit.The team needs a guy like Clarkson? They have added Dorsett and they have Sestito who led the NHL in Fighting Majors last year. Kassian > Clarkson and a fraction of the payroll.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Dorsett plays hard, man he takes very dumb penalties. It will cost the team in tight games. I am glad you like Kasian but I would give him and Bo to Winipeg for Kane.
This team is flat they need a guy that can spark all the guys. Bo and Kasian are both even keel guys. One will have to piss them off to step it up.
Verbata and twins will score on the power play but in even numbers I just think speed has left the feet. Kane and Shinkaruk could be number one line for years to come.
Burrows Higgens an Bonnino as a second line I ??? very much. Good luck to Canucks but no way these guys will stand up to Sharks, LA or Ducks as a second line.
Only if the coach has some kind of miracle year that we will see playoffs.
We will see tonight against Calgary how the team looks. Calgary is one team with lots of improvement. Edmonton good knows. Coach is a basket case.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0