Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks In The Offseason

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They also gave SOB $1.6M today I think?

Apparently the Nucks now have $51M committed towards the cap for 20 players leaving $5M for 3 more which includes Wellwood who took them to arbitration.

All this is pointing towards a trade of some sort either later this summer or about the 20 game mark during the season.

I think the only further *big* news that GIllis is going to generate between now and training camp is a Luongo extension.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nucks seem to have decent depth as far as callups and 3rd and 4th liners.

I am worried about the top 6 myself. You are relying on Kesler to produce the same perhaps without Sundin, Burrows to repeat a career to date year, and Hodgson to develop rapidly. Samuelsson doesn't do it for me.

Without taking Raycroft's salary (because they haven't announced it/released it) and Wellwood's salary into account, and adding Eric Walksy as your current 6th Defenseman behind Salo, Mitchell, Edler, Bieksa, and SOB you have this currently with 4.006 Mill left in space.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Demitra Kesler Samuelsson
Raymond Hodgson Bernier
Rypien Johnson Hordichuk

Salo Mitchell
Edler Bieksa
Walsky O'Brien

Luongo

Look for Gillis to re-up Luongo, add a few more bubble guys, and maybe a trade that would involve Schneider plus crap to TO for Kaberle. That is about all I can see right now. Pretty bad considering how strong Edmonton, Minny, and Calgary are going to be with their hires/fires/acquisitions. We'll be in a dog fight to avoid last in the division imho.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nucks seem to have decent depth as far as callups and 3rd and 4th liners.

I am worried about the top 6 myself. You are relying on Kesler to produce the same perhaps without Sundin, Burrows to repeat a career to date year, and Hodgson to develop rapidly. Samuelsson doesn't do it for me.

Without taking Raycroft's salary (because they haven't announced it/released it) and Wellwood's salary into account, and adding Eric Walksy as your current 6th Defenseman behind Salo, Mitchell, Edler, Bieksa, and SOB you have this currently with 4.006 Mill left in space.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Demitra Kesler Samuelsson
Raymond Hodgson Bernier
Rypien Johnson Hordichuk

Salo Mitchell
Edler Bieksa
Walsky O'Brien

Luongo

Look for Gillis to re-up Luongo, add a few more bubble guys, and maybe a trade that would involve Schneider plus crap to TO for Kaberle. That is about all I can see right now. Pretty bad considering how strong Edmonton, Minny, and Calgary are going to be with their hires/fires/acquisitions. We'll be in a dog fight to avoid last in the division imho.

stop eating paste!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raycroft got $500K I think.

As for everyone else getting so much better, same thing was said last year.

Kesler will be even better this year, just watch (and boo for 2 weeks in Feb) :D

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN

I dont think Edmonton got any better in the off season. I think their back end is reasonably solid, but they will have trouble scoring, yet again. :(
To be honest, Ill be surprised if they make the playoffs, Ill have my fingers crossed, but Dallas and LA seem much stronger to me at the moment

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Samuelsson will be playing with the Sedins.

The guy scored 20 goals on the third line in Detroit.
I can see him scoring 30-40 with the Sedins. Right handed shooter. Played on their line for team Sweden as well.

I think he will try Hodgson with Demitra here and there.
He's a young playmaker, and we need some second line scoring. I know too early for second line minutes. but he'll get there some nights.

And kesler and Burrows to be reunited as shutdown line with offensive capabilities.

And as always, when the offense is struggling, AV will shake things up, putting Burrows back on the top line etc..
I like the idea of kesler, demitra, hodgson.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blackhawks better win this coming year...they are in big time trouble with the salary cap.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demitra doesn't cut it - they should get rid of him and grab Koivu.

Agreed. No one said anything about how the Canucks would have had a better chance against the Hawks if Demitra was playing and not injured. Not exactly the impact expected of a 4 million per season player. Plus, he was supposed to be our ticket to Gaborik. He's zero for two in my books.

I'm not sold on Koivu. The Canucks need to get bigger and need to replace Ohlund. Their D was suspect last year and it's only gotten weaker.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
64 divided over 12 years is 5.33, but I digress.

I like it, and wondered often why the Nucks never looked at these long term deals that will never come to fruition at the end, since if a player retires the moeny comes off the books... good deal for both Luongo and the Nucks as the hit is less than 6 mill, which puts his HIT in line with other goalies and doesn't cripple the Nucks going forward.

His contract is less than 10% of the teams total payroll, and that is important imho.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0