Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2014/15 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings after approximately half season look awfully similar to the last year's standings:
upload_2015-1-15_14-6-8.png

upload_2015-1-15_14-7-40.png

Colorado and Nashville switched places and that is pretty much the only difference.

It is interesting that Canucks had last year 52 points after 41 games (this season 49) - I heard this info yesterday on Team 1040.

If Tortorella could not move (and inspire) Canucks' veterans last year I am quite sure that Desjardins will not be able to do that either this year. Simply, Canucks are too old and it seems inevitable that Linden and Benning will have to make a complete overhaul this summer. It probably should have been done already last summer but it looks to me that the easiest way was to blame Tortorella.

This veteran group reached their maximum in 2011. That was three years ago, impossible to repeat the same run with the aging group.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL if Canucks trade Burrows Higgens and Bieksa team could get younger fast. Boston is shopping Eriksson,he could help. He is 29 years old. The guy still has four years of good hockey,they are also shopping one D as they can not get the all done in the summer. This team needs one D that hits and clears in front of the net.
Benning knows the young guys in Boston maybe he and his friend might do something. Boston could use guy like Burrows and Higgens. Biksa could bring good younger player from one of the New York teams or Boston as they have one big kid that clears well around his net and can also throw them if needed. How funny when you see they are worse than when Torts coached. Torts was right dead horses do not pull the logs. But coast to get rid of.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, get it through your head... Burrows has zero trade value, and the acquisition of either him or Bieksa would cause a full on revolt among the Bruins fan base. Odious players that wouldn't be accepted there, and Chiarelli knows it. Higgins is a decent player but 2.5 million per for 3 more years is the last thing the Bruins can afford. You're certainly correct that they'd love to move Loui, but not for that pile of flotsam.

As for moving veterans out, in fairness to Benning, Gillis gave out a ton of no trade or no movement clauses... Benning can bluster all he wants about not being shy about asking a guy to waive such a clause; he's got zero power to force it...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB Montreal would take Burrows in a split sec. Club like Motreal is looking . Bieksa would love to move to Toronto. Toronto GM loves Biksa. There is two guy they can send this way. Both teams need to get better. No hope for them if they don't.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB you know as well as I do that clubs must trade a equal value. They need that checker for playoff's we need a rushing D. Montreal has few good once in the club. We need a hitting forward. During a trade line it is very hard to get the guys. Anton Vermett is most needed here. Slide Bonino to third line and here we go. Club has to pay to get. Arizona needs youth we need goal score tough guy in right places. We make so many nice passes but no one is willing to get between the D. Guy like Anton can help this club for four years till they draft power C-forward. Bonino and Vey will never be those guys for second line. Third line OK but not second line. If Bonino played on third line he would have few more goals.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lui standing on his head for Florida. After those first two goals Lui shot the dam door. Miller should have head a shut out. Coach should have sent Bo for that face off.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After last night I'm starting to wonder if Kassian does indeed need to get shipped out. He had a chance to impress, playing on the 2nd line w/ a playmaker, and in my opinion blew it. Skated around like an entitled brat, sulking his way through the game.

Pissed...I really like the player and the skillset, but he needs to take the bull by the horn when offered.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
100% agreed Dude... want him to succeed so bad but he's starting to become a liability IMO.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Nonis is in big pile of doo doo he has to make few changes or he will join his x coach. There is no way that Kassian wants to stay here. I think he wants out. He is driving all of us nuts. Guy has all the skill but for some reason can not put it together.
Morgen would look good here even if we head to give them Kassian and Dane Fox.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nonis will trade any guy for good player. Team needs new blud. President added bunch of guys plus he made five moves this year and none of it worked out for Toronto. Guy like Bieksa speaks out, guys would listen. Toronto captain lost his room. The team is all over the place. They are all trying too much and it's all falling down. Kassian would love to play for Toronto so would Bieksa. Cunucks need a kid like Rilley that can move the puck and can join the attack. Bozak and Reilly would fit well here even if Canucks head to give a prospect from the farm club.
In tonight's game you can see we need a young guy in the back with jump in his legs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AHL both Rielly and Boby Sanguientti from Utica could play NHL hockey. Bobby is a tall dude. Skates well. I am very surprised that guy like him is not in HNL. On the other hand Markstrom is a giant in goal. He sure has improved in this last year. Rielly has good skill, sees the ice well and passes very well. Now I can see why Benning want's to build with in the club and does not want to trade any prospects.
I wish they bring few of those guys up and let them play like Corrado. In my opinion Sanguinetti plays as good as Corrado if not better. Rielly could with eas replace Kassian.
Markstrom is ready for NHL ass a backup guy. Lack or him might find home some other club to bring a player Canucks need. Both good future keepers.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Bieksa out for a long long time Benning might swing a deal for Adam MacQuaid from Boston. Boston will have to move one or two guys for cap space and a cost of contracts.We need a tough guy to replace Bieksa's spot.Kassian looks like he wants out maybe with another guy we might get two guys from Boston.
I still think LA is going to add a top 4 D and a speedy forward. They will push for playoff's again. No easy run for Canucks.
Canucks are not willing to give youth away but there is no way we will get Anton Vermett with out youth going the other way, young Shinkaruk might be the bate.
I hope Benning adds a guy with NHL proof soon.
Betting is going to be harder as the season goes along.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
talk about an unhealthy obsession... the Bruins cleared their cap space issues for the short term when they moved Boychuk to Long Island...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MT they have to clear way more, two guys are up for new contracts they want way more. You will see much younger team next year. Same goes for Toronto. One can see Kesel in windy city next year or down in country music town. Nonis might save his job if he moves three guys and team gets more points. We all know Shannahan will be shyt desterbing behind his back, but one has to have testies to make some moves. As long as that head case Kesel does not endup on Canucks all is good.
Randy must be laughing his head of with Shannahan. Guy adds bunch of guys in the upper level but forgets to add two good D. It's kicking him in the ars all year long. If Nonis head free hands you would have seen two moves this year. One can only blame Shannahan.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was watching Hitmen play Oil Kings I see no reason for Linden and Benning chasing Qubeck teams for future players. Oil Kings have two guys that could easy play against LA Ducks and Sharks. Trev must have gone to see Nikolas Roy play as he is listed in top twenty five in this years draft. Second Shawn Matthias. Big 6 foot three player. See I would take Boddock any time. Big strong guys tough in the corners has improved lots in this year. Or at least give the young man a try out. To me this guy is sure bet to be a walk on on some team and show how good he really is. He and Jake could be part of grinding line. Canucks take many soft players, we need bit more sad in some of them. Prince George has one just as big with good skill. I see no reason why more kids from Alberta and BC don't get a chance.
Allstars drills made me laugh lot this year. Oveckin should become an actor he sure is lots fun when he is on spot light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0