Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2011/12

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will go on record saying the dmen is a better pick up than zack

Andy Strickland disagrees.

Mike Gillis Shines…
The more I see of Mike Gillis the more I like. Moving Cody Hodgson to Buffalo for Zach Kassian may prove to be good for both teams but may also be the difference in the Canucks winning a Cup.
Kassian is a pure hockey player. Some hockey people believe he’s a better skater and has better hands than Milan Lucic of the Boston Bruins. Whether he’s tougher remains to be seen as he’s still maturing as an NHL player.
Plenty of teams have first and second line centers like a Hodgson but few have a Zach Kassian. Vancouver can probably replace Hodgson’s skill this summer by moving goaltender Cory Schneider. Does Cody Hodgson makes others better? Kassian will.
Teams want players like these guys which is why LA GM Dean Lombardi turned down offers for Kyle Clifford.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, not even close to being a Lucic... Lucic went B on up; to say that Kassian's upward trajectory is not nearly as steep is an understatement. Doug MacLean figures he'll top out as a third line winger, and that anyone who compares him to Lucic must have lost their mind... skating better than Lucic is hardly award-worthy... Colorado basically gave up a first rounder for Steve Downie, and so did Vancouver...

As for Gragnanni, Buffalo's John Shorthouse equivalent was asked for an assessment... "good offense, bad defense"... congrats, a cheaper, younger, Keith Ballard clone... it should tell you plenty when a rebuilding team is willing to part with a young player and get nothing (Sulzer) back...

Neither Pahlsson nor Rolston have been relevant since about 2007... both are cheap shots in the dark...

akslop, not sure what you mean by having half my income supplemented by the government... I work for myself, have no benefits, no pension, nothing but what I kill... why am I not surprised that yet again pure rubbish is flapping out from between your gums...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are an idiot. Lucic was expected to do NOTHING when he came into camp and blew everyone away. Now he's one of the premier power forwards in the league. To say Kassian can't come into a winning organization and do the same thing is ridiculous. Will he? Obviously time will tell but to talk about Lucic like he was a number 1 pick who was supposed to take over the league is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
gretzky joke;

so wayne goes down on janet will she's on her period.

Janet says: pretty messy eh!

the great one replies : i'm wayne!!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are an idiot. Lucic was expected to do NOTHING when he came into camp and blew everyone away. Now he's one of the premier power forwards in the league. To say Kassian can't come into a winning organization and do the same thing is ridiculous. Will he? Obviously time will tell but to talk about Lucic like he was a number 1 pick who was supposed to take over the league is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actually, the reference to junior B should have made it clear that I was lauding Lucic's rapid ascent from modest expectations, and noting that Kassian, to this point, has hardly done the same. As for Kassian, my crystal ball is no clearer than yours or anyone else's; but we're all entitled to our opinions.

In other words, you actually dumped all over the antithesis of my argument. Boy do I feel stupid...

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boston > Vancouver. Lucic > Kassian. Just win a cup and you can silence all critics, satiate all of Vancouver's fans, and host a bi-weekly parade for the next 100 years.

I am Serbian, I am a Boston fan, and yes it's because Milan is Serbian, plays for Boston, and grew up in my neighborhood. East Van 4 Life (Except when you move to N. Van :wa ).

PS If you ever want to see a hometown athlete who truly celebrates and thanks the people of Vancouver get to know about Milan's Stanley Cup visit.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boston > Vancouver. Lucic > Kassian. Just win a cup and you can silence all critics, satiate all of Vancouver's fans, and host a bi-weekly parade for the next 100 years.

I am Serbian, I am a Boston fan, and yes it's because Milan is Serbian, plays for Boston, and grew up in my neighborhood. East Van 4 Life (Except when you move to N. Van :wa ).

PS If you ever want to see a hometown athlete who truly celebrates and thanks the people of Vancouver get to know about Milan's Stanley Cup visit.

Keep your wives at home!

The Bukkakie line is cuming!

Booth Kassian Kesler

Bo Ka Ke

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little surprised nobody has mentioned the Canucks game last night. Athough I agree I have pretty much tuned out until the playoffs start, last nights game had a pulse and a bit of a playoff feel to it. With Keith's dirty hit on Daniel started by the fact Daniel actually threw a hit, suspension to Keith on the way and the possibility Daniel could have a concussion. How about the fact Luongo played well against Chicago and kept the game within reach. Too bad he can't score a goal or we may have won. Anyway I hope we get a chance to see them in the playoffs because it would be a great series to watch.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good shout STD.

The Canucks have been critiscised for not being "tough enough" and the one hit Danny actually makes ends up with a relatialtion hurting him. Brutal Stuff.

The cheapshot by Keith is reprehensible, but Shanny will deal with it. Glad to see the Nucks push back and snow/bump/clip etc Crawford and Burrows give Kane a good shot to the face and finish every check available on Keith, inlcuding a few scrums and dust-ups. I'm sure the officials felt like assholes after watching the hit during the first intermission.

If Keith isn't going fight anyone to answer the bell when it rings then the Nucks should target the other teams hotshots. That's the way you settle it down.

No need to "settle" scores ala Moore v Naslund v Bertuzzi v Moore, but more like the old days. you hit my star, I'll hit yours and your star will tell you to settle down.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was surprised by the hit by Keith because even though the Blackhawks are a bitter rival I always liked Keith and never thought of him as a dirty player like a Marchant. I would have liked to see a Keith vs. Bieksa fight because not only do I think Bieksa would beat him in a good fight but I would take the trade off with them both sitting for five.

I didn't hear Sedin as being out for two weeks just that he was sent home. I hope he back for the playoffs but we can manage more without Daniel than we can without Hendrik.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kinda Agree Kinda don't.

When a guy like Keith doesn't answer the bell things have a way of never feeling "settled" however if he just took his lumps with the first guy in his weight class or higher it would be over. Instead the second period, while entertaining, was far from hockey... and this could carry over to playoffs should the nucks and hawks be lucky enough to progress past round 1 into meeting each other in round 2/3

Interesting that Hank essentially said to the media that Keith told Danny he was "going to get him"

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would consider Bieksa to be Keith's weight class so that's who I would say would have been the best one for keith to answer to. No matter what would have happened if they meet in the playoffs it is going to be nasty.
Keith has a phone meeting on Friday so the most he can get is five games and I wouldn't be surprised if he got all five even though he is a first time offender. The optics look bad and with hendriks comments its hard to argue he wasn't out to get Daniel.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note Raymond looked like ahockey player most of the night. Even saw him drive to the net and not fall down. Lets hope he can step his game up because we are going to need him to play like a top six fot awhile.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figured Marchand (not Marchant) would receive the odd swipe here... the hypocrisy of Canuck fan never ceases to amaze... Daniella goes headhunting and thats totally fine, but when its done back to him its a war crime. Never mind Bieksa punching Keith out of the blue or Burrows kneeing Keith in the balls twice...

Both Daniella and Keith should be suspended, as both committed the exact type of headshot the league must get rid of. Burrows should get a game for the latest example of why he's nothing more than a little girl.

As for Marchand, why werent any of you decrying the Kesler clip the other night? There must be a reason... Nvm, figured it out...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0