Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2011/12

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think it was a damaged relationship, it just happens we have a top 2 centre playing 3rd line minutes, and will be for the next 3-5 years. Makes more sense having a bruising winger (think Milan Lucic, but with more talent) than CoHo. Do people forget he is a 13th overall pick? It's not like he's useless. Only time will tell if he can play to the potential of the players he's been compared too, but you'd have to think he's going to be pretty motivated to do well here.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
More talent than Lucic? Must have missed Kassian scoring 30 goals and 60 points in the NHL...

Nice to see the B's are still in Canuck fan's head though...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For comparisons sake: (And believe me I'm trying to find a lot wrong with this deal because I loved watching Hodgson)

Kassian is a year younger than CoHo

as a 20 year old:
Kassian had 15 g, 11 a, 26 points in 30 AHL Games and 3 g, 4 a, 7pts in 27 NHL games
Hodgson had 17g, 13a, 30 points in 52 AHL Games and 1g, 1 a, 2 pts in 8 NHL games.

If you're thinking about the next 3-5 years Hodgson (unless something radical happens) was never going to supplant Kesler or Sedin for one of the top 2 lines as the Centre, which means he would have left at the end of his next contract as a 27/28 year old UFA in any case.

I would have like to see what could have happened in the future with Kesler on the wing and CoHo as second line centre, but when you get a chance to land what most pundits are calling the next Lucic...well...

The Canucks have a pretty damn good bottom 2 lines with the ability to score and play with the best of them. Either Lapierre or Pahlsson would be c's most teams would kill to have centering their third or fourth lines, we also have Ebbet and Malhotra kicking around too. Just VERY deep at Centre.

Gillis when pressed about whether or not CoHo asked for a trade: He answered with "That's an internal thing, and we're not going to say" which means (imho) CoHo asked for a trade if he wasn't going to be given more minutes.

I'm also very interested in this Dman Gragnani. He's a +10 on a shitty team with 12 points in 44 games. Sounds like an upgrade on either Rome or Alberts if you ask me! if you're scoring at Home Rome is a -1 on one of the best teams in the NHL with a massive gulf in their goals for and against. At least Alberts is a +5... Rome is the only Dman on the team in red ink for +/-

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
More talent than Lucic? Must have missed Kassian scoring 30 goals and 60 points in the NHL...

Kassian is 20 ffs. At 20 Lucic had 27 points in 77 games with Krejci and Kessel passing him the puck.

They are the same size and Kassian is said to be a better skater. I'm not sure Kassian is as good a fighter as I haven't seen many of his fights.

No I'm not thinking of Matt Kassian... but thanks whoever posted that on the last page. ;)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Research much???

Perhaps if u spent less time watching Good Will Hunting in your Ginch and more time researching you wouldnt come off as someone who has half his wage supplemented by the Government??

P.S. NICE JOB ON THE ROLSTON PICK UP... AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what to think about this one as I don't know much about either player we got in return except for what I have read today. It does seem like we may have gotten depth on defence and some grit that can skate, both areas we needed but we gave up a player who looks like he'll be pretty darn good. I don't think we hurt our chances this post season and we may have even helped our chance but in the long run Cody may be the one that got away. Time will tell on this one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bruins almost didn't get him but in the end, he did clear waivers #thatwasclose.wait.whydidn'twe...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just trolled a few of the hockey boards I read from time to time, the echo is resounding that Kassian is Lucic/Bertuzzi/Oshie light right now, adn if he ever decides to play he's a force, but he's lazy and needs good leadership around him.

I'm thinking this guy will be taking turns with Burrows on the twins wing for the next little while to see exactly what he's got.

Nobody will fcuk with the Twins when you can knock out Philly-Knuckle-Dragger-Sesito with essentially one punch that lands.

Last edited by a moderator:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think my biggest positive from the trade as it wasn't a mortgaging of the future, since we got young talent back in return. I would have been pissed had Hodgson gone for an aging power forward at the tail end of his career.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like this at all, why trade talent for 'grit'?

In soccer terms would you trade a skilled smaller center mid for a much bigger less skilled winger---NO WAY.

The whole idea of no room for him is BS, I think it has been an AV-Gillis-Canuck beef with Coho for a long time.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like this at all, why trade talent for 'grit'?

In soccer terms would you trade a skilled smaller center mid for a much bigger less skilled winger---NO WAY.

The whole idea of no room for him is BS, I think it has been an AV-Gillis-Canuck beef with Coho for a long time.

the canuck line up was out of balance.. Something had to give...

The more i read and watch on Kassian the more im liking this deal for the sake of the team going forward... we is Balanced now

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0