Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Vs Honduras Oct 16

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I like your post about "The Fix" Declan Hill went to the deepest under belly of the underworld to get the research done on that book and it's an amazing read.

The new CSA boss was just named no? I don't think any FA would gas a brand new President of the FA for players and guys we had not selected etc under his watch. This is now his time to reform the Senior Mens National Team, and start applying the appropriate amount of pressure on the Provincial Bodies to clean up their act and bring in the best manager they can find and fcuk the money... you can find the money if it's being spent as we all think it is, poorly.

Victor Montagliani. Elected in May. Not one to judge but the guy doesn't look like he has ever touched a soccer ball unless it had chocolate syrup on it. My issue is this guy was involved with the CSA before he was elected. As i said before.. chevy cavalier or pontiac sunfire,.... doesnt mater cause its still a poorly built car (same engine different body)

The CSA needs a clean slate from the top... NO PREVIOUS AFFILIATION with the association would be a good start....

Victor Montagliani | LinkedIn
victor-montagliani.jpg

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victor Montagliani. Elected in May. Not one to judge but the guy doesn't look like he has ever touched a soccer ball unless it had chocolate syrup on it. My issue is this guy was involved with the CSA before he was elected. As i said before.. chevy cavalier or pontiac sunfire,.... doesnt mater cause its still a poorly built car (same engine different body)

The CSA needs a clean slate from the top... NO PREVIOUS AFFILIATION with the association would be a good start....

Victor Montagliani | LinkedIn
View attachment 9090

Victor could play!! An absolute cannon for a shot. Columbus player.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the main problem with a lot of business or sports teams or whatever, is that people only look at whats on paper, you can have all the university knowledge but it means shite if you don't know your product. I worked for United Rentals years ago, and when the head district manager left they hired a manager from budget rent a car, needless to say a year later, 4 stores were closed. Its time people stop looking at plaques on walls (which is a good thing dont get me wrong) and put more focus on people who know the product that there selling.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victor could play!! An absolute cannon for a shot. Columbus player.

Yep. You can't jusge a book by it's cover. A lot of guys are built big, and were big, stong, fit players in their playing days, but as soon as they get out of the 4-5 x / week routine of playing / training at a competitive level, the "shape" goes. Especially the Italian guys, who change their fitness regimes, but not their eating regimes at home.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe Vic was on the BC teams growing up as well.

He is passionate and knowledgeable about the game and our country - he was the BC Soccer President before going to the CSA and instituted big changes here first.

People are attacking the guy if they are looking for his head IMO.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the main problem with a lot of business or sports teams or whatever, is that people only look at whats on paper, you can have all the university knowledge but it means shite if you don't know your product. I worked for United Rentals years ago, and when the head district manager left they hired a manager from budget rent a car, needless to say a year later, 4 stores were closed. Its time people stop looking at plaques on walls (which is a good thing dont get me wrong) and put more focus on people who know the product that there selling.

Cascade i believe we share the same thoughts on this.. WHY are businessmen running the CSA when we dont have a product to sell?

Lets pay for someone who has played at the highest level to run the CSA. No more of this over qualified crap sitting at the Top. You can hire advisors under u for that.

Its called KISS (keep it simple stupid) model.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BB

All that's fine.. i like crow

Is columbus the highest level victor played at?

Is FVSL Div 3 the highest level you've ever played?

Why the hell would you pick a former high-level player to run an organization? To be a coach? Maybe. But to run the CSA? That makes absolutely no sense. How does having a good playing career translate to governance, funding, player development, etc.

13 of the 16 top soccer nations have presidents who have a business background rather than a soccer one. Maradona couldn't even be successful as coach of Argentina, you think they'd let him run the whole organization? Fcuk me.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with dezza here being a good player does not mean you have the abilities to run the CSA. Honestly I don't know who it was but I would start by going after whoever it was that turned the US program around. He made the US program respectable and understands North Americian lanscape. European and South Americian models are great but North America has some very unique challenges.

Who really wanted to go to Brazil anyway? Isn't the next world cup in Qatar a real soccer market.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is FVSL Div 3 the highest level you've ever played?

Why the hell would you pick a former high-level player to run an organization? To be a coach? Maybe. But to run the CSA? That makes absolutely no sense. How does having a good playing career translate to governance, funding, player development, etc.

13 of the 16 top soccer nations have presidents who have a business background rather than a soccer one. Maradona couldn't even be successful as coach of Argentina, you think they'd let him run the whole organization? Fcuk me.

FVSL Div 3 is still higher than Resident Rino cheerleader.:wa:

Dont confuse anyone with someone bud. Lots of guys post career go into business which is essentially running an organization. Your search doesnt need to be within our Border.

you said 13/16... what about the other 3?

Canada soccer is not a business yet. You need a product to have a business. If what u saw against hondurus is what u would consider a product then send me a private message cause i got lots t sell u.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The President of any effective organization needs to have the following:
1. The Vision of where you want to go
2. The ability to lead
3. The ability to delegate authority and responsibility to those that can where he cannot.
4. Run a business effectively (P&L, Policy, etc etc etc)

Then in the instance of the CSA you have to be able to:
1. Fundraise
2. Coordinate with provincial bureaucratic assn's
3. Play Politics at Federal and Provincial levels

I'm not saying there isn't someone with a soccer background inside Canada that fits the required criteria, but you'd prefer the head of the CSA to have this. I don't know VM but I'd have to assume he does and he does. He's been in the job for 6 months... a bit quick to call for his head already no?

The Mens program has specific challenges, with no domestic league and the vast resources required to have a sustainable league players play elsewhere which poses issues like Players potentially not playing for Canada or capping elsewhere to avoid the daunting travel and logistics required to play for Canada in Canada and in CONCACAF. Players will also feel like they need to go abroad to develop and then feel like they potentially owe their new land some debt as in the case of JD2 the Dutch Country and Programs truly did develop him to who he was/is.

Us muckers on ttp don't have the solution but we have the time to debate it from the peanut gallery ;)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The President of any effective organization needs to have the following:
1. The Vision of where you want to go
2. The ability to lead
3. The ability to delegate authority and responsibility to those that can where he cannot.
4. Run a business effectively (P&L, Policy, etc etc etc)

Then in the instance of the CSA you have to be able to:
1. Fundraise
2. Coordinate with provincial bureaucratic assn's
3. Play Politics at Federal and Provincial levels

I'm not saying there isn't someone with a soccer background inside Canada that fits the required criteria, but you'd prefer the head of the CSA to have this. I don't know VM but I'd have to assume he does and he does. He's been in the job for 6 months... a bit quick to call for his head already no?

The Mens program has specific challenges, with no domestic league and the vast resources required to have a sustainable league players play elsewhere which poses issues like Players potentially not playing for Canada or capping elsewhere to avoid the daunting travel and logistics required to play for Canada in Canada and in CONCACAF. Players will also feel like they need to go abroad to develop and then feel like they potentially owe their new land some debt as in the case of JD2 the Dutch Country and Programs truly did develop him to who he was/is.

Us muckers on ttp don't have the solution but we have the time to debate it from the peanut gallery ;)

Yes I would say it was quick if this guy wasnt already part of the CSA before he was elected. Im sure he has his own vision but u cant tell me it is somewhat blurred by those who he mentored and by the one's that influenced him .. For all i know he could simply be a puppet couldnt he?

I am 33 years young. I dont remember 1986 much except for the old mans soccer parties. In 2018 i will be heading over the hill. Some of you will be in their 50's ,some of you 60's and sadly some of us wont be here . The average age of a man is 80 years. Just once during my life expectancy do i want to be able to root for my country at the highest level on the highest stage watching the game ive played and love.

Being in a diaper with drool running down the side of my and being sponge bathed by a hot nurse is where its heading for us. Fcuk that i want to enjoy it with my boys while im coherent and have my independance.

Time is running out. If you are going to start over now is the time to do it. when i say starting over ii dont mean a simple re election. Clean the fcuking house from top to bottom. No previous CSA affiliation beyond this point is what the sign on the door should read.

rant over?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a thought, we scrap our mens program, and put all of the funding into the womens team and women referee's that aren't favored to the USA and go for the only world cup we actually have a chance at. No bad ideas right?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
he was the BC Soccer President before going to the CSA and instituted big changes here first.

Nothing against Victor but can you elaborate on those big changes he instituted in BC as you mentioned. Honestly, I have not seen any improvements in BC unless we count the number of new AT fields (if that can be called an improvement).

Anyway, CSA was the same organization before the game against Honduras as it is now. One debacle should not change our opinion about the program, etc. We have always had issues with the fact how BCSA and CSA are run and I have not seen any improvements with Cuzzeto at the helm of BCSA or Victor at CSA. Yes, it takes time but I always see the same mistakes. BCSA is trying to cater to Whitecaps which is a huge mistake and that has to stop. Some people who have been for years at BCSA or CSA simply have to be shown the exit door otherwise nothing will change!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe the CSA can get their head out of Toronto's ass and actually give the rest of the country a chance to see the national team play, instead of a friendly against some no name country that no ones heard about. We can hold a womens world cup here, youth world cups but not get a SINGLE important mens national match here, fcuk off.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a thought, we scrap our mens program, and put all of the funding into the womens team and women referee's that aren't favored to the USA and go for the only world cup we actually have a chance at. No bad ideas right?

NO!

Fcuk, I hate hearing and reading this!

Sorry ladies, but to be a 10 ten nation in soccer is not that hard. Most of the countries on this planet do not give two shites about women in sports at all. Sorry, it is a reality, and because of that reality, the wealthier nations that recognize equality will always be at the front of that pack. They are partially successful due to the circumstances and benefitting from it. Honduras competes in football not because they are rich, they compete because, even though they are impoverished, their government sees that qualifying for the WC is a priority for National Unity. You’d never see them invest the same into their women.

And you know what? I want to see our country compete with the VERY BEST, period. Not the very best women, but the very best. That means men playing soccer, and that means we do not scrap the men’s program. Overhaul, yes. Investment, damn right. Invest more. If it means a domestic league that is heavily subsidized in order to give the players a reasonable working wage, do it. If it means lobbying and implementing a greater Canadian player quota on the MLS teams, do it. Deal with the pain to net the gain.

And no, I don’t think VM needs to go, but most everyone else at the CSA does. I don’t know how that gets done, and even if VM has that power.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
And no, I don’t think VM needs to go, but most everyone else at the CSA does. I don’t know how that gets done, and even if VM has that power.

Dude does not any part of u think victor could be tainted from the previous regime? Maybe by no fault of his as its human nature.

Kinda like a lance armstrong piss sample

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe the CSA can get their head out of Toronto's ass and actually give the rest of the country a chance to see the national team play, instead of a friendly against some no name country that no ones heard about. We can hold a womens world cup here, youth world cups but not get a SINGLE important mens national match here, fcuk off.

You would think so seeing the president is from these parts...makes u think who is actually running things

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0