Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Vs Honduras Oct 16

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems funny to me that in the old NASL days when 3 Canadians had to be on the field at all times, there were a lot more Canadians playing at the top level and not looking out of place. In fact the American teams were hiring Canadians for their teams.
It is only since the MLS decided to push for their own Americans to play in all teams that they have developed into one of the top ten Countries in the world. If the Whitecaps, Montreal and Toronto played Canadians in their teams, they would be helping the Canadian team to qualify for future World Cups.
They have every right to pick and choose players from America, but there should be a thought for development of Canadians. The Residency Program keeps bragging about all of the great work that they are doing and how much money that they are throwing at the program, but I would rather see them playing Canadians in the first team.
They have been running the Academy for years now and have not developed 1 player who has become a regular starter in a poor team.
It is a great chance to work together with the CSA and put in a by law that states Canadians have to be on the field, at this young stage of their MLS beginning.
Playing with the top teams will develop players a lot faster than having them hang around in the Academy Programs.
RL there has to be room for Canadian players. All fans have to do is boycot few Caps games and you will see Canadian kids on the roster sheets.
You can have all good ideas you want but if you have a club president that is Canadian and he does not give Canadian kids a chance. To me nothing he as president is no more than gummer.
Everytime he goes on TV he talks how Cnada this how Canada that He's not helping. Kids they draft fom US are no better than a youngster from SFU or any other Canadian Universety. You know what the problem is stay strong and bring it out.
You have two curents. One is Italian and one is Enlish. One only helps his own. That has stop. All the Canadians must be given an equal chance. As good as Caps are A good PCSL or VMSL allstar team would tie them or perhasps beat them due to they can not sore a goal. Local kids have more pace than sixty percent of them. Thier D is bunch of slow guys.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsw you do see it. Well well We are going backwards in stead of forward. We have so many Acadami players that it is sad to see a team like Whatecaps that do not use single Canadian. We have twenty Millers here. I dam well would bet you they would have scored more goals than he has. Patrick Gavrise from Island would score twice as many as Miller has. I hope I splled his last name right. And he is just a PCSL player.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsw you do see it. Well well We are going backwards in stead of forward. We have so many Acadami players that it is sad to see a team like Whatecaps that do not use single Canadian. We have twenty Millers here. I dam well would bet you they would have scored more goals than he has. Patrick Gavrise from Island would score twice as many as Miller has. I hope I splled his last name right. And he is just a PCSL player.

Now that's taking the piss:)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0