Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada / USA / Mexico joint WC Bid

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada kicking off their "Road to 2022" with a promo for their qualifying match for the new Nations League:

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN

Game to be played in Toronto.

My sources at the CSA tell me that Canada Soccer had over 20 dates at BC Place blacked out over the next quadrennial for the Men's and Women's national teams. As soon as Vancouver pulled out of the joint bid, the CSA pulled all their dates. I'm told it's likely to be quite some time before we see either national side in the Lower Mainland again. Tough to blame them, I would want to take my business where my country supported me as well I guess.

As the dust settles and more info continues to come out about how BC handled opting out of the bid (ie Montagliani's interview about how no one from the government reached out to him even when he tried to call at the last minute and essentially beg them to stay as part of the bid) and how Vancouver was planned to be Canada's show piece city in the bid, etc. it just makes me sad.

Have whatever opinion you want, but I think it sucks to miss out and will personally never forgive the people involved.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like the government knew that rejecting / opting out would be a political slam dunk so didn't care to speak with anyone leading up to the public decision.

As for no games in Vancouver for anything moving forward, put me down in the do not like category.

:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joke, joke, joke...and I'm for once not blaming the CSA on this. Nice job NDP, well thought out plan. This could have meant everything from infrastructure improvements, obvious tourism benefits, filling their white elephant with events, the list goes on.

So disappointed. Not just the WC, but qualifying games, gone. for the next 8 years. Fcuk.

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Now that we're elite we want in"... FIFA should tell Horgan to kick rocks; this is exactly the last kind of support they should want or need...

Sure, while I agree with the sentiment and principle of Canada Soccer rejecting BC now, selfishly I hope feelings can be mended and overcome. I never voted for the NDP and thought this was a very short sighted decision.

Let the CMNT come play even for just a few games. Would be great for the sport and the youth playing now.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animation Illustration GIF by darrenjturner
mad hatter lollipop man GIF by South Park
rose colored glasses deal with it GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fackin politicians!!
Yup.

What a twat.

When it was popular to shite all over the CMNT and soccer in general, he basically slammed that door shut. It was a popular political move. Now that the team is the best story in football, he's buying in. he can fcuk himself.

And I'm drawn too....

Of COURSE I want to see them play here! But if they don't, not breaking my heart, planning on flying all over the US and Mexico to watch matches anyways.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell @Rangerforever . You are absolutely the last person I'd have expected to fold your tent and devolve into the septic world of gifs. Sort yourself out. You are better than this.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All three of you (older than me) old fcuks trying to use gifs to project as younger are about as sad as either @Regs of @Rangerforever walking into Shopper's Drugmart and buying a tub of Axe hair gel.

If we are taking anyone's Jet, it's my accountant's. @utah will take care of the skirts with his Cuban connections, and we'll extend an invite to Mrs. @Gurps . No @Gurps; can't be dragging around a dude that looks like the lead in a Bollywood flick. No bueno.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mayor Stewart is proposing that Vancouver contribute $5m. He also revealed the City provided $1.5m for the women's world Cup.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jonny you flop more then a fish with out water but thanks for coming to your senses.

t51nk6c8jpr41.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jonny you flop more then a fish with out water but thanks for coming to your senses.

View attachment 33347
Not a fan of his politics at all, but honestly he's far from the worst Premier we've had, too. He plays it very safe on most issues. This has become the safe play to win votes.

Part of me wants FIFA to tell him to eat a bag of Ds, but honestly, I want games in Vancouver as much as anyone. Can't wait, gonna be rad. Targeting Guadalajara, Mexico City, New York, Toronto, Edmonton, and of course Van where I'll want to watch games. It'd be amazing to watch Canada play in Mexico! Not sure I want to be there if they PLAY Mexico, but otherwise, it'd be amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts