Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Ever Canadian Soccer Player

Who's the best Canadian soccer player ever?

• Bob Lenarduzzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Budd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dale Mitchell

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Paul Peschisolido

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Branko Segota

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Owen Hargreaves

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Craig Forrest

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Kara Lang

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Christine Sinclair

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Bribes Taken: One

That is well done Capitano. :D

Regarding Chubby, I mean Cheuden, you're quite right.
He and I jawing on the pitch one day, I brought up said incident.
"80 grand baby, 80 grand..." said he.
I did get a good chuckle out of it though, and he was fcuking talented.

Somehow I knew you'd react to my Bobbaduzzi post, but man, how many fcuking caps did that guy get in his career?
I'd be willing to bet more than anyone else posted here.
NASL Champ, World Cup starter, etc.
Sorry Captain, but his stats are impressive.

Fcuk off potatoheed, you're beginning to piss me off,

RF

;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somehow I knew you'd react to my Bobbaduzzi post, but man, how many fcuking caps did that guy get in his career?

RF,

He happened to be playing during a time when Canada had NO decent full-backs. He was AWFUL. He was at the right place at the right time, hence his gig with the Whitecaps. Shoc-king.

Please don't call me Potatoheed anymore, RF. :)

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya mug

Guinness, Lennox Lewis fights for England now. He's a patriotic bastard. Good point. Then you vote for Forrest. I just don't think you like me.It's all right though because I already have my quota of eejit's for pals, so I wont be needing your services right now.
Til the forth when you'll be fetching the beer for the tic men.:D

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I voted for Forrest for reasons already stated. I think the only reason I didn't for Sinclair was because I don't think it is unfair to compare men with women. You have to admit that the two girls would probably be some peoples top eleven for the world. A distinction no mens player can state. Question: I understood Hargreaves was cut form a youth squad so he then was able to play for England aka. "the Brett Hull", is this correct?

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316

Your right he was cut from the national squad because he was underage. He was 15 at the time. He later stated that he intended to play for Canada, while at the same time training with the English and Welsh under 21 squads. The rest is history.

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

In that champions league run he didn't get to start until the semi's where he played well so they started him for the final and that is what ultimatly led him to being picked for england the first time.

I have a friend from alberta who grew up playing with own H. He said that they were both at the tryouts for the national U-17 team (own H. was younger than the other guys there). My friend told me that Own H. had a good training camp and should have been picked. The national team coaches put the players in a couple different rooms and then would call them in to tell them the decision. My friend was called in and to his surprize he was picked. Then they called Own H. in and he bursted out of the room crying. He was depressed when he got home but luckily got a try out with bayern M. through a very strong reference.

So this is a amazing feat to play soccer in canada till your 15 years of age then to go over to europe and make it with the original club. Most players from here that get picked for top flight clubs usually end up playing pro with a lower division team as they get older or end up back in canada all together .....

Cheers

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For what it's worth....

A few observations:

I think it would be Forrest because he did it at a high level for a long time.

Lenarduzzi a close second RF? You mean the guy who had to take 2 or 3 steps backwards before kicking the ball instead of just pushing it forward? Nice pick :rolleyes:

Is Brian Budd listed for: a) best soccer player
b) most "Superstar" competitions won,or
c) a fukcing joke

If you're putting women on the list then surely Hooper rates higher than Lang or Sinclair. Speaking of Lang, she plays like a female Garret Kusch (sp?), the national mens' team forward from the mid-90's. She is big and strong but when it comes to having the ball at her feet or laying off first time passes she looks awkward as hell.

Finally, the comments about Cheuden are correct. I played the 89-90 season with him at Sapperton and it was a treat watching a guy with that much talent week in and week out. In training he would tell you beforehand he was going to nutmeg you, and then he would still be able to do it. (The fukcer) :eek:

Silver fox

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

He happened to be playing during a time when Canada had NO decent full-backs. He was AWFUL.

Unlike the Canadian team of today. :rolleyes:

Silverfoxthinksthemorethingschangethemoretheystaythesame

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0