Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bert's suspension

How many games will Bert get?

• Total voters

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The broken vertebras came from Bertuzzi landing on Moore, not the dogpile. You take an unconscious man, drive his head into the ice by a 240lbs ape who lands with his forearm on his neck and the result would be at least two broken vertebras - dogpile or not! Give your head a shake!

And Granato is to blame for this? Are you serious? Tell me you don't mean that. Please! :mad:

The guy did something very very wrong. He's very, very sorry but it does not excuse what he did. Stop making excuses for the man. "It was the dogpile". "It was Granato's fault". "What if it was Forsberg doing it to Cooke?". "The media is making this more than it really is". He deserves everything he gets. The adulation when he scores and the sentence for the crime he commits.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, Jonesy. Left footers always make the most sense. :D I feel exactly the same way. Everyone seems to be pointing the finger elsewhere(even the media) for all this. Facts and facts and video evidence is video evidence. My prediction is the rest of this season and playoffs. It has to be. What if they played Colorado and Bertuzzi's suspension was over. I can't see the NHL wanting that match-up.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS.

I see your point but I still think that an open ended suspension will allow for some reflection from the league as well as leaving them more time to way up possible legal ramifications. It will leave Todd in limbo which in its self is punishment as I'm sure he would rather know exactly where he stands. I don't think the league will give him that satisfaction.

As far as it being a 'send him to his room' type punishment. Fair enough. Perhaps it is. I have 2 kids and from time to time they get sent to their rooms and told to 'think' about what they have just done. It would be an infantile type punishment. Odd thing tho'...they both know punching someone from behind is just plain and simply wrong. Sadly, Bert's about to learn that lesson. The hard way.

The only guy in the media who makes any sense is that grey bearded fella on 54. Don't remember his name but his segment tonight made a great deal of sense. He basically lambasted the league for not nipping alot of this stuff in the bud and not enforcing the rule book that NHL games are played under...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Everyone seems to be pointing the finger elsewhere(even the media) for all this.

I blame the Mighty Flyers and the brawl they had last friday night vs. Ottawa, if someone would have gotten hurt in that fight, none of this would have happened and some stupid Flyer would be missing the play-offs. Plus I blame Sakic and the boys for running up the score on us at home, it is all the Aves fault.

hos

Insert Blame Canada Song

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have 4 children and just don't know what to tell them concerning the events of Monday night. Luckily I don't have any visitation rights at the moment so I can pretty much dodge that bullet. I am sure that whatever I do come up with will be the correct position on the matter based soley on the fact that I love my kids more than anyone else on TTP loves their children despite the fact that I often forget the youngest one's name and the oldest is a complete disapointment and a total waste of whatever support payments I used to manage to make.

I'd like to hear IandMcIntyre's views on this debate, what with his great love of fighting in hockey.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
I blame the ... Plus I blame ..., it is all the Aves fault.

hos

talk about pointing the finger...for fcuks sake, I wasn't even there.

:D

Bert was bawling like a baby tonight :( ...he acted like an idiot but the lynching is in full force ...like many modern media events...it takes on a life of its own...much like Jinky's family life. :)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone think that because "BERT" kept the glove on when he punched him that is intent to injure was less severe?

Just thinking now on what Burke and Bert tried to tell Betman and Co. at the hearing...........

He should get more than 13 games. I think it will be interesting to see if they carry over the games to next year and lengthen the suspension and thus the increase the loss of money from him or include fewer games overall but include playoffs? The latter hurting his team as much as the individual while suspending him for 20 games but making them all regular season games would be revenue for the league and hurt Bert in the pocket book.

Lastly, will Bert get the call from Wayner now???????????

John

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

by keeping his gloves on Bert would only have been preserving his hands from injury.

Bettman serves the owners in this league which obviously includes McCaw. It would be foolish to bite the hand that feeds.

Aves, never doubt my undying love for my estranged family. The painkillers I am currently taking only serve to intensify my emotional state and conversely puts me in a position of moral superiority.

Remember the Alamo.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well thanks for the 2003-2004 season Bert you big wank.

In my opinion with the looming lockout next season, coupled with our team owners CLEAR cheap-assness. This was our best-chance-season for a cup run. I think our chances are about halved now without any help from Bert.

Fuking disapointing.

He got what he deserved however. Too bad a bigger example wasnt sent to some of the plonkers this season that have been tossed. Maybe it would have rubbed off.

The league took the easy way out with the "review the suspension" thing after this season... thats to appease anyone that wants to throw the book at him. They will be cooled down by next season. I wonder how much if any of berts salary the canucks get reinbursed?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Well thanks for the 2003-2004 season Bert you big wank.
I wonder how much if any of berts salary the canucks get reinbursed?

In yesterdays paper (I no longer subscribe to the Province :mad: ) it said that if Bert was gone for the last 13 games he will be out $1.07 million, the money will go to the NHL players alumni. Funny enough sportsnet has been running a 5 part series on the alumni the last few days. Some of the money should go to Moore for his pain and injury. The Nucks also slapped with a $250,000 fine for some reason.

It sucks to not have Bert for the play-offs, but it is the best for the game, and for the Nucks heading into the play-offs, they didn't need the whole Bert coming back from suspension as a distraction during a play-off run. I hope this is not it for Bert in Vancouver, but I would not be surprised if he is in a Rangers Jersey next year with all the players they have just traded away.

Is the Province Newspaper going to start running a countdown to the end of his suspension, or will that not sell papers.

This should be the end of it, get on with hockey.

hos

On the playing note, is Big Bert done for a World Cup team selection with this incident. I think so, but I hope that Gretz and hockey canada give him a chance at a training camp.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

You are an idiot. Bertuzzi not in a Canuck uni next year? Maybe I should stop subscribing to your retarded posts. Go help a blue hair to cross the street and quit posting your shite for awhile.

Idiot.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Maybe I should stop subscribing to your retarded posts.

Speaking of Retarded, how did your surgery go TheRob?

Bert will not be able to play his physical style in Vancouver anymore, and he will be pretty much useless in games vs. the Aves in the future, he will not want to hurt anyone, and they will all be trying to drive him into the boards. You wait TR, Bert was crying yesterday, but as tiem goes on, he will get back to his biter self and be pissed off at the media agian. He was done here when they showed up at his front door, way past the line.

As for Blue Hairs, you should see the nice pussy walking around out here.

TRonHOS'sList

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Anything to do with your avatar?

Hey, that is what Big Fat David Pratt and the Chicken Shitt Vancouver Media are doing to him, I call it like it is. He would be done for the play-offs anyway, how can a guy walk after being done like that, well mabey TR could, but few others.

This one radio jock in Colorado goes on about if it happened on the street, Bert would be put away for 5 years. My come back, not in Canada buddy, he would be out of jail and playing in the next game. Fukcing stupid yanks.
blame canada

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am writing this as an objective observer because I hate the Canucks. Bertuzzi's actions were dumb. He deserves to be punished. But are you fukcing kidding me, the rest of the season and the playoffs? This is another example of that little puke Bettman trying to flex his 5'1" body into 6'5". Explain to me how this was any worse than Claude Lemieux cross check of Chris (don't call me Elephant Man) Draper. Fukc, the guy needed complete reconstructive surgery to put his face back together. All this is, is the League (a league that is going down the toilet) trying to appease an American audience that couldn't give a shite about the sport anyway. Hate the Canucks but this may make me adopt them as a "second team" :rolleyes:
Keep your head up Bert, you'll get through this!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco said:
He deserves to be punished. But are you fukcing kidding me, the rest of the season and the playoffs? !

Could you explain this to Dude, because he is all swept up in the Media frenzy to put Berts head on a platter. They are making an example out of Bert, but come on the whole play-offs. That could be 28 games if the Nucks went 4 rounds at 7 games per round, for a total suspension of 41 games, that is too much.
Ya it could also be only 17 games if the Nucks lose 4 straight, you have to give set number of games.

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, I don't think so. This is way over the top. Let me ask this question: If this was Steve Moore attacking Jarko Ruutu, would he have gotten the entire season and playoffs? Would Jim Rome and Dan Patrick be talking about this? Better yet, what if it was Jeremy Roenick a fukcing Yank doing this to Trevor Linden? Do you think anyone outside of Canada would give a shite?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0