Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[BC Provincial Cup Vbookie]Bays United vs ACBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bet your tokens and make your prognostications here

Bays beat Nanimo 1-0
ACBC beat Nor-Van 2-1

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Since our game is at noon on Saturday,,we are haveing problems getting guys off work. (Economy and all) That with the 3 serious injuries we picked up vs NorVan,,looks like 8-9 players makeing the trip...Truely sad and nothing we can do as we are all keeners and want to play. Just cant and Oak Bay wont change the game time cause they have 2 guys writing exsams Saturday afternoon and get this 3 guys leaveing Sunday for holidays...Holidays when we have to work...crazy. Well Fukc them , we will show, and take it to them and when we win im going to shove cold beer cans up their stinkin Asses...Holidays??

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Since our game is at noon on Saturday,,we are haveing problems getting guys off work. (Economy and all) That with the 3 serious injuries we picked up vs NorVan,,looks like 8-9 players makeing the trip...Truely sad and nothing we can do as we are all keeners and want to play. Just cant and Oak Bay wont change the game time cause they have 2 guys writing exsams Saturday afternoon and get this 3 guys leaveing Sunday for holidays...Holidays when we have to work...crazy. Well Fukc them , we will show, and take it to them and when we win im going to shove cold beer cans up their stinkin Asses...Holidays??

why dont you fly them in on saturday with your helicopter

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have to work Saturday so that wont work either,,we thought about harbour air,,,shtity thing, this work for food deal.
And for the record I do not have a helicopter, Well that can actually fly. Mine are all salvaged birds for parts.
Still catering for guys to go on holiday over guys working is rubbish...but hey you do what it takes to win right...Sportsmanship long gone now its Cup time.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...perhaps another flaw in the system that it is not a 2 legged aggregate knock out tourney ala the Champions League in Europe.

See the Clanbus vs SU FF affair ;)

Being a draw at random, homefield advantage really does play in, especially if you are talking about an entire day of travel etc to get to the Island, play, then come home again.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in,,,Our game time was moved to 2pm from Noon as the Park is being used and will not move what was scheduled there in the first place...LOL Still no help to us as our guys will be at work,,but it will screw the 2 guys from Oak Bay who have collage exams.
Some small justice for us. Still short and beat up,,we will givem a go. We can Run. And Run we will

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you ever seen us not show,,never..we love to play more than anybody. Hell we play all year together and play in 4 leagues in summer and attend at least 4 tournaments a year..When I say we are short cause we have guys who cannot make it im (yes upset)not kidding. We are doing everything we can to try and get guys out. The guys themselves want to go and play,,,but its their bosses who are being dicks. Thats why our home games are Sunday night at 8pm and why we do so well at home,cause we have our team there. Away games with us are 50/50 cause we never know who can or cannot get Saturdays off work. It really sucks for us but a guy has to work when he can. I have a few roofers and when it rains they can play but when its nice out they have to work. I have 3 bartenders/waiters who work Friday and Satyrday nights and start at dinner cause they are in restaurants so our Friday night Saturday night games are a right off to them. Infact if its not at 2pm by the latest they cannot play because the time they get to work its to late for them. I have 3 cooks same crap on the weekends. So what a ya do...Now you know why we love our Sunday night home games.
We want to go to the Island more than anything and we are going,we just will have to pull off a miracle or 2,,and we will.
Sandbagging I thought is when you ask a player to move down a division to play ,to stack your weeker divisional team.
If so how do you sandbag a Premier team,,cause I will...LOL

oh you didnt know

Mar 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse do me a favor and leave the computer for a bit.. Bays is missing players as well like you said, and who wants to play on a Sunday when you can play/drink Saturday and have Sunday to recover.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse.....pay your players the salary they would make working, tell them to quit their jobs immediately and give them all new jobs. Simple? :confused:

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said.Those employers are dicks.Do they realize what's involved here? This is football.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE!! Good luck!

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on everyone knows these games r on the weekend your telling me that these guys didnt have time to sort out work

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roofers,,sun came out and because they work together boss needs them,wont let them all go.
we do get 1 now so were 1 better than yesterday..
I do have a plan,,,calling mother nature.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be keeping that in mind for next year Ghouse. Same things gonna happen chances are and this is the biggest games of the teams existance thus far.

Kick their asses to the lower squad for next year.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My roofer buddy is takein another guys spot(on the roof) so we got another..Phewww.
Still workin on it.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok , I think we got it figuared out. Start work at 6am,fly over harbour air at noon,fly back right after and work till dusk. still get in 8 hours (or so). boss agreed. were golden.
No ones fired. everyones happy...just a little tired.
Good thing field is close to harbour.
That makes 12

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 -2 bays, just to put it straight both teams showed up with i think 15 or 16 players, so work problems didn't make it an issue.....

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had 12 and one spare goalie so 13. the 2 guys on crutches and tencer bandages are on the team but ....were there to support.
Bays had 18 on sheet
And working morning of does make a difference,,still Bays won and good for them not going to cry about it. Bays wanted it more. We picked a bad time to play bad. And good luck the rest of the way Bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0