Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC High School Senior Boys Soccer 2013

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Sutherland looked very good today dismantling Oak Bay. A tidy team who have few weaknesses and a good goalie. Burnaby Central has probably the best player in the tournament in Parker Ellis...he has scored 8 goals so far but they lost his strike partner who picked up a third yellow card with his team up 3 - 1...why he was on the field at that point is beyond me but he got the caution and done for the final. The most exciting game I watched over the two days was McMath/Burnaby Central this morning. Overall, the quality of the tournament has been probably weaker than in many previous years but I think we have two teams who should put on a pretty good show tomorrrow. Good luck to both teams.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sutherland AAA champs. 2-1 at the death of overtime. Suth scored in the first half of regulation. Central equalized almost immediately. I thought Suth had the majority of the better scoring chances but missed the target too often. Little "Eagles" in the Central pipes was solid.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely not as talented as the 84 Sabres, Luch, but a good hard working group of kids. :) The blonde provincial rugby player really made things happen for the team defensively. Number 16 in the back had a brilliant final trying to deal with tournament MVP, Parker Ellis. Overall, I would say it was a very even game and both teams had decent chances with both keepers doing a good job of keeping the ball out of the goal. I had a chance to speak briefly to Parker Ellis after the game and the kid was completely devastated that his school soccer was finished and his team came so close to winning a Championship. He plays at the highest level and will go on to play University soccer somewhere.....but yet it meant the world to him to play for his school team. I know exactly how he felt as I remember losing that game in 1984 on penalties. Luch and Besty remember it too and we're all 45 years-old. To any of you who say high school soccer is a joke...unlucky for you that you didn't get to have an experience like I did and some of the other people I've mentioned.

Finally, I want to say that Rubin did a FANTASTIC job in the middle today. He was spot on with everything and used his cards only when he needed to. He talked to several kids after certain situations and he and his assistants were brilliant. I congratulated him afterwards and I think he remembered me. :D However, if he refs the VMSL games like that, there isn't a player or coach in the league who could complain about anything. Well done to him and Nick....and his son. :)

Okay this is finally......I was thrilled at the level of sportsmanship throughout the tournament. Some tournaments in the past have left sour tastes in a lot of people's mouths..due to discipline and basically not being able to control their kids but this tournament was NOWHERE near that. The kids played with respect, played tough, but it was done predominantly with class. When kids play this way in Provincial tournament it leaves a good taste with everyone regardless of where teams finish in the tournament. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the tournament and good luck to all the players who will be moving on to the next level or just moving on.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely not as talented as the 84 Sabres, Luch, but a good hard working group of kids. :) The blonde provincial rugby player really made things happen for the team defensively. Number 16 in the back had a brilliant final trying to deal with tournament MVP, Parker Ellis. Overall, I would say it was a very even game and both teams had decent chances with both keepers doing a good job of keeping the ball out of the goal. I had a chance to speak briefly to Parker Ellis after the game and the kid was completely devastated that his school soccer was finished and his team came so close to winning a Championship. He plays at the highest level and will go on to play University soccer somewhere.....but yet it meant the world to him to play for his school team. I know exactly how he felt as I remember losing that game in 1984 on penalties. Luch and Besty remember it too and we're all 45 years-old. To any of you who say high school soccer is a joke...unlucky for you that you didn't get to have an experience like I did and some of the other people I've mentioned.

Finally, I want to say that Rubin did a FANTASTIC job in the middle today. He was spot on with everything and used his cards only when he needed to. He talked to several kids after certain situations and he and his assistants were brilliant. I congratulated him afterwards and I think he remembered me. :D However, if he refs the VMSL games like that, there isn't a player or coach in the league who could complain about anything. Well done to him and Nick....and his son. :)

Okay this is finally......I was thrilled at the level of sportsmanship throughout the tournament. Some tournaments in the past have left sour tastes in a lot of people's mouths..due to discipline and basically not being able to control their kids but this tournament was NOWHERE near that. The kids played with respect, played tough, but it was done predominantly with class. When kids play this way in Provincial tournament it leaves a good taste with everyone regardless of where teams finish in the tournament. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the tournament and good luck to all the players who will be moving on to the next level or just moving on.

Well said Captain. Well said.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great synopsis Captain Shamrock!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0