Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC High School Senior Boys Soccer 2013

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, despite this being the worst team we've had in the 8 years I've been coaching the boys we have had some interesting results along the way to say the least. We actually beat Charles Best in a tournament several weeks ago and two other teams.....despite having no shots on goal in two of the games(two Pks). We then went to Kamloops last weekend and won 1, tied 2, and lost 2 to far inferior teams than the teams we played in the Guildford Park tourney.

We started league play today against Princess Margaret and jumped to a 1 - 0 lead 10 minutes in despite not having the ball. But then we managed to play 'stop defending any crosses' and they scored 5 goals in the next 15 minutes. Three headers, a bad pass back, and a good finish. We score 1 before the half on a corner and the boys heard what might have been my 'worst' half-time speech ever. The boys responded very well and played REALLY well the second half and we outscored them 1 - 0, losing 5-3 overall. A very respectable performance in the second half after the WORST 40 minutes I've EVER seen a South Delta team play.....and they were told about it at the half. This team will not be making the Valleys as the talent level is just too great between us and at least 5 other schools (PM/Tamanawis/Panorama Ridge/Sullivan Heights/North Delta) but we certainly COULD make it difficult if we work as hard as we did the second half (see Charles Best) Onto North Delta on Thursday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 North Delta 1

Our kids competed for 80 minutes today against a ND team superior in talent and to be honest, I think a draw was a fair result today. Chances were even on both sides but again most importantly our collection of house/silver/gold.........1 HPL player did a good job against a team with players who play at the top two tiers of soccer according to their coach......5BigToes! Great seeing you out there, Cal. Good luck the rest of the season.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

Those are usually saved only for the Kamloops tourney in a game USUALLY that we have a chance of winning. :) It doesn't look good running an onside kick against Tamanawis when they will be putting at least 7 or 8 past you in the game. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

Those are usually saved only for the Kamloops tourney in a game USUALLY that we have a chance of winning. :) It doesn't look good running an onside kick against Tamanawis when they will be putting at least 7 or 8 past you in the game. :)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, there were about 8 guys offside on your onside kick in Kamloops. You need to have them work on their timing. Maybe bring in Paul Mcallum as a guest coach. Just a thought.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year's group, TheRob, isn't the sharpest group we've ever had. When you can't execute a simple onside kick on the soccer pitch you know there are going to be many other struggles.

And those struggles continued today......with our grade 12s partaking in their grad boat cruise, we travelled to Newton Athletic to enjoy a 4 - 0 thumping at the hands of Panorama Ridge. We pulled a kid out of Socials class during last block to come play in goal as the other grade 12 goalie changed his mind at the last minute to go on the Boat Cruise. Good stuff. Either way, we could have had Peter Cech in goal and it wouldn't have mattered. We are truly lacking in skill, grit, soccer intelligence/understanding of the game, understanding compete level, and ability to execute set plays. Other than that we're solid. To put things into persepective, the goalie had to borrow my sweat pants and the referee's shin pads that he had in his bag just to play. That should sum things up nicely. The best thing is we get to enjoy the biggest thumping in our school's program on Thursday against Tamanawis. We will try EVERYTHING in our power to cover the (-8.5) spread put on the game by Paddy Power. Ballbaby, you will enjoy watching these tactics......I think I've gone to a new 'level'

Under 8.5 Burns

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boy that's dam bad soccer till the playoofs. Coaches should flip the coin who wins. Give each player a ball and let them run around. Most just will not pass. Each kid plays twenty tatches on a ball befor any movment. All you guys in Valley have so many good players how come none make the Caps. I see one or two on FSU team and that's about it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 0 Tamanawis 2 - Outstanding effort today.....5-4-1, 5-3-2, 4-3-3, 3-3-4.........all in a day's work for the South Delta Senior Boys team. They got a PK about 10 minutes in..a deserved PK...handball that the kid could do very little about. We then played hard and ended that way in the first half. The second half saw us have TWO GREAT chances..one on a clear header and one on a clear breakaway! Neither scored....they scored on the last kick of the game. I know they must have been missing a few players but if that is Tamanawis backline, I don't fancy their chances to do as well as initially thought.

#wayunderthespread

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which website(s), if any, does a good job of profiling high school teams and athletes? I see the province sometimes showcase certain sports and athletes but what else? I would love to hear more about high school sports and top athletes within each sport. Captain Shamrock or Mr. Base, what recommendations would you give to broaden high school sport in Metro Vancouver? Are there any obstacles that you foresee?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MilesLong, The Province is really good at exposing the high school sports IF the sports are helping them out. It is VERY difficult to get rankings for soccer because there are rarely any crossover games between leagues even in tournaments. I will try to get some rankings next week as the leagues are coming to a close as we have results from a few tournaments also. Howard Tsumura is very good that way. That's just for soccer. The is a BC SOCCER COMMISSION website if you google it and it has some of the zones but not all. If you want to know about the Fraser Valley Soccer Zone you can use www.fraservalleysoccer.webs.com.....I think. :)

Devils officially eliminated from playoff contention today. We beat Seaquam yesterday 2 - 0 but lost by the same score today to Sullivan Heights. Once again we competed well but gave up a goal midway through the second half and then surrendered another late one. Bottom line is we don't score enough goals and can't get enough out of our goal. :D But at least we were fairly competitive against predominantly superior opposition. The bad news is we will be even WORSE next year. FML

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 Delta 0 - In the battle of 'South Delta" the Devils continue their undefeated run against their rivals. DSS has not beaten us in 8 years and today the best team on deserved to win the game. I didn't think I would be saying that much this season. :) Boys have one more game to try and play spoiler against Elgin Park and Thursday and we will try to do that.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All set now......SDSS didn't qualify for the playoffs as predicted though I think we were pretty competitive against the best teams in our league. For the first time ever, 4 teams from the same league all qualified for Provincials. Unfortunately for us, it was our league. :D Well done to Panorama Ridge for winning their first Fraser Valley Championship beating Charles Best in the final 3 - 2. Also representing the Valley will be Tamanawis, Sullivan Heights(first time ever to Provincials for boys), Elgin Park(first time for boys), and Queen Elizabeth.

It seems to be wide open going into the tournament next week. McMath has a strong squad as they won the Vancouver/Richmonds though St. George's apparently deserved better against McMath( 1-0 win). But that's life. Charles Best would still be the favorite despite losing the Valley final as they badly outplayed PR in the second half of the game and destroyed a lot of teams along the way. Always fun at the tournament.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
St. George's was upset by Eric Hamber for the third Vancouver/Richmond spot so that's a bit of a surprise. Otherwise. Prince George will likely be a punching bag as they have been in the last lot of years and South Kamloops is representing the Okanagan....I don't think they'll be much of a force as we played them in a tournament and we only lost by a goal or tied. Can't remember

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kemloops plays good soccer. Their youth program is got good leaders. Level of soccer is gone wo steps up.In my opinion with Kiths leadership and old Winipeg guy helpping out. Some clubs might think twice about Kemloops ability.
Don't forget Kemloops runs a senior team in PCSL one of the strongest leagues in BC. I like the way they coach and the way they play. There is three boys above HPL level playing for Kemloos high. I was told Caps were looking at one or two.
That Tournament will be worth watching. Good soccer. North shore Schools should come to the top.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No disrespect, Mr. Base, but South Kamloops was not strong when we played them unless they were missing players. Sutherland is the only North Shore school which made it along with Burnaby Central to fill out that zone. McMath won the Vancouver/Richmond zone with Lord Byng and Eric Hamber qualifying too. In the Fraser Valley it was Panorama Ridge, Charles Best, Tamanawis, Sullivan Heights, Elgin Park, and Queen Elizabeth. From the Island I believe it was Oak Bay and Reynolds with Prince George filling out the tourney. Games start at 9:00 on Thursday morning and go during the day at 11:00/1:00 and 3:00. Friday is the same and Saturday the games are at 9:00/11:00 and the final is 11:45. All games are played at Burnaby Lakes Turf.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagles and a few other Sutherland alumni were at the one semi... Final report was 6-0 Sutherland over Oak Bay.

Roll on Sabres!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0