Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter

I agree with the hind sight part of it but 6 more batters wouldnt of killed him,yes he was on 3 days rest and yes Kim struck out the side in the 8th but Schilling was looking good and still had his fastball in the mid 90's.I'm just pissed that they lost the game,the Yanks seem to get all the right bounces when they need it,they had no business being in that game last night :mad:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable

DBacks up by 2 in the ninth. Brosius hits a two run homer.

DEJA VU !!!!! or what??????

Fanatic

Sep 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It ain't over 'til it's over.

The Yankees are unstopable now despite Johnson and Schilling. Even the D'backs can't ignore destiNY.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky Buggers

I can't believe it happened again,.The D-backs have to let Johnson and Schilling pitch all 9 innings and they will win.I can't believe Brosius,the guy couldn't hit a beachball during the season and the playoffs and gets a homer.Kim should never pitch again in the series :eek:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy,

Never pitch again in the series, Never in the MLB.
Kim should be deported now. Don't wait till the season is over deport him!:mad: now!

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys

What about those Yankees? Like I said before never count the yanks out until its over. They have come back from two runs in the last two games to win both. If that dosen't win you guys over as fans I don't know what will. Yanks in 6...

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Apple

I like the Yanks.

I have been fortunate enough to see several games in Yankee Stadium. I love watching baseball next to soccer.

I want the Yanks to win this series! I think the Dbacks still have what it takes to win this series and they are going to pull it out at home in Arizona.

The BIG UNIT and Schilling are going to be outstanding at home with the crowd behind them. They have been unlucky, that sports!

D'Backs in 7 (Schilling goes the distance in game 7)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the bottom of the third. I can't believe this. I've never seen a whipping like this in any sport, any time.

Damn, this funny.

Keeperwhorealizesyoucan'tspell"funny"without"NY"

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Diamondbacks are the better team. They would have easily won the series if Kim did not get called in to pitch. With Schilling vs Clemens tonight it should be a great game 7. Johnson said he would be able to come in as a reliever if neded. Should be interesting.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
D-backs Win

Well The d-backs win the series and I will be the first to say that they deserved the win both teams played well enough to win, but some cluch hitting was the difference. I guess we will have to see if the team stays together or will we have another Florida Marlins team that will be dismantled(sp?) after this season.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
D-Back World Series Champs

The Piching tandem of Johnson and Schilling were too dominant for the Yanks.I did gain respect for them(Yanks)because of their never quit attitude and they do know how to win but nonetheless all good dynatsy's have to come to an end.The Yanks were outscored 37-14,showing how dominant the pitching was.Great World Series,very exciting to watch :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the who's who of this years free agents

Bonds, Giambi, file for free agency
(Nov 5) NEW YORK (Ticker) -- Home run king Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants and Jason Giambi of the Oakland Athletics were among a whopping 104 players to file for free agency Monday.

Eligible free agents were able to officially file following the conclusion of the World Series, which ended Sunday night when the Arizona Diamondbacks defeated the New York Yankees.

Those players will have 15 days to formally file for free agency. At the end of that period, they can sign with new teams.

Bonds hit 73 homers to break Mark McGwire's single-season record of 70 and is among the candidates for the National League Cy Young Award. The superstar left fielder also hit .328 and drove in 137 runs.

Giambi, a strong contender to win his second straight Most Valuable Player Award, hit .342 with 38 homers and 120 RBI to help the Athletics to a wild card berth. The first baseman was joined on Monday by outfielder Johnny Damon, who hit just .256 with 49 RBI in his first season in Oakland.

Other free agents expected to receive lucrative deals include Houston Astros outfielder Moises Alou and Cleveland Indians outfielder Juan Gonzalez, both of whom filed Monday.

The most desirable starting pitcher on the market is expected to be Chan Ho Park, who won 15 games for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Park filed on Monday.

The only members of the Diamondbacks to file on the first day were pitchers Mike Mohler and Bobby Witt, but several prominent members of the Yankees joined the list.

First baseman Tino Martinez and third baseman Scott Brosius, who hit game-tying ninth-inning homers in Games Four and Five of the World Series, respectively, filed along with outfielder Chuck Knoblauch, infielder Randy Velarde and pitcher Mark Wohlers.

The Seattle Mariners won 116 games with the help of second baseman Bret Boone and pitcher Aaron Sele, both of whom could be playing elsewhere after filing Monday.

Others to file included Chicago White Sox pitcher David Wells, whose contract was not picked up, and future Hall of Famer Tony Gywnn, who already has announced his retirement.

Atlanta pitcher John Smoltz and outfielders Rickey Henderson of San Diego and Kenny Lofton of Cleveland were part of Monday's contingent.

Last year's free agent class included Alex Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez, Mike Hampton and Mike Mussina, all of whom found new homes.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate the Yanks

The Yanks have just offered Giambi 18 million a year for the next 6 to 7 where as the A's offer was for 15 mil a year.Steinbrenner makes me absolutely ill,I'm hoping Giambi stays with the A's,but that is higly unlikely seeing that he will lose about 18 mil over the life of his contract.Is there any loyalty to the teams that help make these players:confused:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

What do you think these guys actually care about the game. They are all out to make the big bucks, and if they have to leave a team that they have played there whole career they will.

My favorite line is : I play for the love of the game( BULLSHITE)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How fcuking pathetic are these fcuks?

Yes, I know these cnuts are rich but they are fcuking poor excuses for athletes. Darts is more of a sport than baseball. Check out the fcuking injuries after one week of Spring 'Training'. They have to be the laziest cnuts in the world. Fcuk them all. Big Cnut Reeves went into the wrong sport. I truly believe I could go and play any position except catcher(my knees don't bend that much) and not be too out of place. Only because it is fcuking easy to play baseball. Cnuts.

Jeter strains neck muscle and Giambi has leg stiffness

March 4, 2002

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter is expected to miss at least five games because of a strained neck muscle.

Jeter was hurt while taking batting practice Sunday. After a couple rounds of batting practice, he felt pain on one swing.

``The good thing is, it's just a couple of days,'' Jeter said Monday when asked how long he will be sidelined. ``It's like a charley horse in the neck.''

First baseman Jason Giambi left Monday's 7-3 loss to a Minnesota Twins spilt-squad after his left leg stiffened in the upper 40 degree weather. Giambi missed two intrasquad games and two exhibition games last week because of left hamstring tightness.

``He didn't reinjure it,'' Yankees manager Joe Torre said. ``He couldn't get it loose. My guess is Giambi would play if it was the regular season. I don't think it's a big concern.''

Giambi will undergo treatment Tuesday and is expected to be out of action until at least Thursday.

Jeter has difficulty turning his head to the left. He first experienced some minor discomfort chasing a bloop hit Saturday.

``It was hard sleeping,'' Jeter said. ``Every time you move a certain way, it cramped up.''

Jeter had X-rays and an MRI exam Monday, and both were negative.

``It's not going to be a problem,'' Torre said. ``It's just something that will take a few days.''

Jeter hit .311 with 21 homers and 74 RBIs last season after missing most of spring training with shoulder and quadriceps injuries.

Reliever Ramiro Mendoza also underwent an MRI after experiencing neck stiffness over the weekend.

``It's better from yesterday to today,'' Torre said. ``I expect he'll throw in the next couple days.''

Neck stiffness? Hamstring tightness? Give me a fcuking break. These excuses are worse than Double In's regarding his 'elbow' injury. ;)

Captain

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you were paid $15 million for sitting down you'd do it too.

Debating Darts to Baseball is a joke!!!!!!!!!!

We all know that to be a great athelete you have to be able to perfom when your pissed :D So Darts wins hands down.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Derek Bell

Lads,

I don't know where to find it but Derek Bell was interviewed the other day, plays for Pittsburgh I think............if someone can find it and post it here I swear you will laugh out loud at what he has to say;)

John

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The things I do for you, JP.

Bell has no-compete clause

Derek Bell, who hit only .173 last season, said he'll go into "Operation Shutdown" and won't risk injuring himself if the Pirates do not give him the starting job in right field.

Manager Lloyd McClendon and general manager Dave Littlefield said Bell, Armando Rios and Craig Wilson are competing and the starter hasn't been decided. But Littlefield said Bell has done little to win the job.

"Nobody told me I was in competition," Bell told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "If there is competition, somebody better let me know. If there is competition, they better eliminate me out of the race and go ahead and do what they're going to do with me. I ain't never hit in spring training and I never will."

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0