Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are there Indoor Soccer Leagues in Vancouver?

busychild

Jul 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw that the Burnaby Lake CANLAN Indoor Soccer League has a team registration fee of $3100.

Does anyone know of any other indoor soccer leagues in and around the general Vancouver area that a small group of 7-10 of us would be able to join affordably.

For $3100 and losing my knee ligaments on that rockhard pitch I'm not sure if its worth it for all of us. We are seeking a fun competitive league with a lot of speed.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You could try Sportstown but that's all the way out in Ditchmond.

Is the cost really $3100 at Canlan?!?!?!

busychild

Jul 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond? May work, I'll mention it to everyone. Are there really only two in town? Does the Planet Ice Complex have anything?

Do you know anything about Sportstown? I'm guessing its new and modern. I've honestly been to the housing sub-division that is Richmond like 12 times, and I've lived in Vancouver my whole life.

Here's the link to the CANLAN registration;
http://www.icesports.com/pdf/burnaby/fall%20indoor%20soccer.pdf

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Google sportstownbc, I believe their fall season is half the price of what Canlan is :eek:

You may get what you pay for, I dunno.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Google sportstownbc, I believe their fall season is half the price of what Canlan is :eek:

You may get what you pay for, I dunno.

Played at Sportstown over the break last year and it wasn't bad at all, especially compared to the rock hard stuff in Burnaby.

busychild

Jul 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great! Its a little softer? I'm guessing these 2 have a monopoly, besides the gym soccer.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportstown would probably be a better option. The only concern I have with the Sportstown league is that there are no lists submitted to the refs before games and there is no accountability for players actions. In the Burnaby league, every player is accounted for and perhaps that is why it is that much more expensive? It is one thing that Sportstown should definitely look into doing.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportstown would probably be a better option. The only concern I have with the Sportstown league is that there are no lists submitted to the refs before games and there is no accountability for players actions. In the Burnaby league, every player is accounted for and perhaps that is why it is that much more expensive? It is one thing that Sportstown should definitely look into doing.

recreational indoor soccer ruined my career:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
recreational indoor soccer ruined my career:(

Sorry to hear that, Polska. :( But there are idiots who believe the minute you step into an indoor arena, you can play with the mentality of a hockey player. That is why the accountability is SO important.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to hear that, Polska. :( But there are idiots who believe the minute you step into an indoor arena, you can play with the mentality of a hockey player. That is why the accountability is SO important.

yep that is why discipline should be mandatory at sportstown

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
In defence of canlan, it's divided up between players. Usually it cost a player about 175 for the season. Also, there's co-ed for the perv's out there. Mens div 1 is equal to fvsl div 1 cat. The no slide check rule kinda sucks, but it keeps the rubber bit's out of my arse. Also if you have a no card game, you get free pitcher of beer, or pizza.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In defence of canlan, it's divided up between players. Usually it cost a player about 175 for the season. Also, there's co-ed for the perv's out there. Mens div 1 is equal to fvsl div 1 cat. The no slide check rule kinda sucks, but it keeps the rubber bit's out of my arse. Also if you have a no card game, you get free pitcher of beer, or pizza.

At Sportstown, the winning team receives one pitcher I believe. If the game ends up tied, no one wins anything.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Busychild why do't you play out door.It keaps you in better shape and also coast less.
For indoor you have to have twenty guys for coast to go down.They do't care they just want to make money.
Also out door you have card system where you have a chance.Indoor is a place where many guys get hurt. Knees and hips and lower feet.
Many guys like it, i personaly think it is way tomuch money for the level of soccer.Try Millar league North Van.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
if the lower feet get hurt it is ok. its the upper feet injuries and the mangina pullings that get to me.

The winning team pitcher is good though. and if it is a tie and you tell ed you will share it with him you can normally talk him out of it. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Circle Ed??

More like leaning on the boards Ed these days.
I try to get him a touch of the ball at least once a game. he is almost always in the right spot nd can be used to pick guys off your back at times. :D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy get a hold of this one.U16 youngster from east side Vancouver got three years penalty for verbal abuse of soccer refferee.Onother guy on the same team got two years and onother guy got a year.
It is practicly un heard of. Two clubs head a fight in a cup game.If they could only think for five minutes it would do tham a grate deal better. Bad water. Simpley sad to see. The boy could have been put on the spot. Simply by making him a refferee for a year.
Now youngster might as well join the gang get hold if a hot car and go do gang bit.Waw Rob must have tuns of water stack in his ears.It is all about development not about distractin.Bad gas lord bad gas.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy get a hold of this one.U16 youngster from east side Vancouver got three years penalty for verbal abuse of soccer refferee.Onother guy on the same team got two years and onother guy got a year.
It is practicly un heard of. Two clubs head a fight in a cup game.If they could only think for five minutes it would do tham a grate deal better. Bad water. Simpley sad to see. The boy could have been put on the spot. Simply by making him a refferee for a year.
Now youngster might as well join the gang get hold if a hot car and go do gang bit.Waw Rob must have tuns of water stack in his ears.It is all about development not about distractin.Bad gas lord bad gas.

you must be related to them eh Base. Head injuries from youth will do it too anyone. Try breathing once in awhile since a lack of oxygen in the brain turns people into idiots.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0