Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[AMSL 2006] Banter and other things.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Herb could not find referees (in fact he is having a referee party at his place).

A referee party? I can only imagine. Check your guide dogs and white canes at the door.

P.s. To all refs:Kidding, I'm kidding.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about Nations' Cup weekend? I hear there may be a lot of gals from co-ed committed to playing in the tourney in Richmond (July 21-23rd).

Conductor, you must be gutted with losing some of your squad for that weekend. My gosh, I hope Darko and Mario don't decide to partay with SC at the Beaver again:D .

Who will Nutmegs be representing in Nations this year?:confused:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira, I think the team itself is gutted that I won't be there for that weekend as I'm out of town!:D
Also Darko is away in Europe on his honeymoon, so SC might also be gutted!:p

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Who will Nutmegs be representing in Nations this year?:confused:

As it stands now I am unsigned with any Nations team. I have had an offer from England, but am still weighing my options. I believe the coach of Ireland and I are having a stand-off as I am waiting for the invite, but the coach is waiting for me to come begging to her to play - not likely!!:D

BTW, now that we have a YG Inc. member on the inside, there will be no co-ed game for us on Nations weekend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
As it stands now I am unsigned with any Nations team. I have had an offer from England, but am still weighing my options. I believe the coach of Ireland and I are having a stand-off as I am waiting for the invite, but the coach is waiting for me to come begging to her to play - not likely!!:D

BTW, now that we have a YG Inc. member on the inside, there will be no co-ed game for us on Nations weekend.

A stand-off. :) It's a bit difficult when she was in Germany for several weeks to have a stand-off. :D I don't think the coach is the type to want anyone to beg to play. She just wants players who want to play on that weekend. :)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:

Man, that rocks to have someone on the inside to fix things up for ya all pretty, eh? ;)

Settle Down

Jun 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
The Kissing Bandit (won't give a name, but sounds like K8ee) was doing her usual wind-sprints down the right wing again. Obviously trying to make me look bad on the left wing (easier said than done though, as my hair is quite sharpish nowadays). Anyway, I tried to match her run-for-run and was quite pleased with myself. Until I found out she ran a half-marathon the day before. Hunh.

Shocking turn of events at the post-game session. Notty and Besty sharing cuddles. Twice. I know big butts are in nowadays but come on, guys!

Thanks for the props Dapotayto - though the running is only to make up for the lack of moves.

I have to say I thought Notty and Besty made quite a cute couple.

Semantic

Sep 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to Cheatside and Beefeaters for the opportunity to run around and make a fool of myself with ya last night (Sunday @ Charles Best). Great bunch, first time I've ever switched teams in the middle of a match tho...:confused:

Good times. Will be a while before I play back2back matches on turf, though. That stuff is murder on the ankles. Time to buy some turfs?

Cheers,
Jason

Semantic

Sep 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dial911 said:
Herb could not find referees (in fact he is having a referee party at his place).

What would a bunch of ref's do at a party, anyways? Sit in a circle and discuss the "calls that got away"?..:eek:

I was in absolute shock that Herb wasn't there last night. First time in a few years of AMSL that we haven't had him holding the whistle.

To think, you can actually play a trap and get the call. Wow, what's co-ed coming to?

Semantic

Sep 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Who the **** plays the trap? What is coed coming to?

I know, I know. I shouldn't have said anything, but those girls were FAST...:D The secret's out, scouting reports are in. Semmy plays the trap, and the keeper can't cover the short side...:D Hahaha...

I was beat, didn't want to run anymore. Worked a few times for me but by the end of the 2nd game my ankles were rubber. Cheers to the forward from the Beefeaters who switched up with me so I could seagull up front for the other team and screw up a bunch of quality scoring chances. Back to Div2 for me!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semantic, you gave us quite a bit of information on your games but you left out one important thing. The scores. Yoda needs to know, that way he has something to bitch about.

Word on the street, straight from Huggy Bear, is that TheRob is about to make an appearance tonight. Incredible, absolutely incredible. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact I owe him fifty bucks for the upcoming mountain bike trip.:rolleyes:

Thank god I don't owe KNVB any money. Next thing you know he'd be showing up for a co-ed game for once too.

Semantic

Sep 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-3 tie. Cheatside gave 'er a hell of a run considering they were a body short the entire game.

Knackered lost to Cosmos 2-0 in the pre-game show...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 5 - 1 Aftershock

Some of the fellows on Aftershock need to mellow out a bit. So does Notty. Fcuker took out a girl in the first minute.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons game report:

TheRob did indeed make an appearance last night and with it a curious question concerning his footballing skills arose. You see, TheRob does not raise his arms when he kicks the ball. Oddly, they stay glued to his side, like a robot (he is German, after all). Now this has the effect of him appearing extremely nonchalant when playing. Which begs the question, is TheRob truly this relaxed and thus does not feel it necessary to lift his arms or does he not lift his arms because he just doesn't know better and it just suggests a certain nonchalance? I suppose its one of football's great mysteries, never to be answered. Like how come Liverpool haven't come calling for me yet. They must have lost my phone number.

Notty scored two goals but we were playing with his soccer ball so we had to let him. Can't play footy without a ball, you know.

We must have had twenty players out last night! Not great for playing time but it gives one a lot more chances to ogle girls, er, ah, I mean, enjoy the spectacle of football.

After some beverages a few members on the team confessed to being Ultimate players. Video evidence is being sent to FIFA. After review a possible lifetime soccer ban is possible for bringing the game of football into disrepute. I won't name names, but you know who you are, Leah, Renee and Katey.

Ralph Wiggum's love affair with England continues as he will be managing the women's Nations Cup team again. He denies it but Beckham posters in his bedroom and that Gary Neville haircut say it all!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semantic said:
3-3 tie. Cheatside gave 'er a hell of a run considering they were a body short the entire game.

Knackered lost to Cosmos 2-0 in the pre-game show...

The score sent to me was 4-3 Beefeaters. Does this mean I need to call Herb to confirm? I've only got 100 free minutes on my phone and Herb tends to use them all up.

Semantic

Sep 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
The score sent to me was 4-3 Beefeaters. Does this mean I need to call Herb to confirm? I've only got 100 free minutes on my phone and Herb tends to use them all up.

Don't ask me, I was just a sideline addition...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0