Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[AMSL 2006] Banter and other things.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe KNVB will take some role in management, he might be able to bring back the old rules where there is slide tackling,no rosters, heck even bring the one rule back where there is only 3 females on the field with 8 guys.That rule might actually help me as the girls in this league are for the most part better than a lot of guys.
PHP:
This league has gone to shite under the new management
Mind you last time KNVB was invovled in management in this league it was with the Dragons. Rumour has it that he never shows up! Maybe you could consult the new management. They wouldn't have to worry about paying you a fee, seeing as you probably scammed all the cooler money and team fees from the Dragons.:D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big game tonight between Slappers and Violators which Violators won 3-2.

Violators, Slappers, and Dragons were in danger of a three-way tie for 7th with 22 points. Even if they all finish with 22, Dragons win the tie breaker with a win and tie vs the opposition with Violators coming in 2nd due to their victory tonight.

Looks like the Slappers and Union Jackers (no!) are the ones to move down next year.

The only other possibility would be if the BDGC lost their final two matches to the Cosmos and Team Shadow--not likely.

The Carts knocked off YG Inc 3-0 the other night. Man of the match was Wade between the pipes for the Carts.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group A playoffs start on Tuesday. "Final" standings (assuming Cheatside knocked off FC420---though there were a lot of upsets today for Group A teams against Groups B and C teams)

1. Young Guns
2. Cheatside
3. Beefeaters
4. Dragons
5. Violators
6. BDGC
7. Slappers
8. Union Jackers

It's 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5

Youngs Guns chose to play Thursday at 8:30 at Burnaby Lakes Turf vs Union Jackers.

Remaining games are TBA. Cheatside chooses next, then the Beefeaters. Venue choices are...

Tuesday at Gates 6:30
Wednesday at Bby Lakes 6:30
Thursday at Kwayquitlam 6:30

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, yes, another short-handed run in the sun for the Dragons yesterday. And another tie to add to the table too. Ralph Wiggum with the 40-yard shoss (or is it crot?) free-kick equalizer that nestled into the top corner like Dude snuggling up to his He-man action figure after a hard day at the office.

It seems that some of the teams in the B or C divisions haven't quite figured out the secret to co-ed yet. Which is, let the girls shoot the ball. The guys get a free look and they hammer it to Langley. Christ, the Fraser Valley Summer League guys must be wondering where all the soccer balls that are landing on their fields are coming from. So far I have heard that most Fraser Valleyists attribute it to the sky falling but they'll figure it out someday.

I'm so tired that my unborn kids are going to have sore legs. But at least they'll be good-looking which is the true secret to success. Sorry KNVB, but you're fcuked.

P.s. Ren would like it to be known that she does not play Ultimate. She just wishes she did.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
It seems that some of the teams in the B or C divisions haven't quite figured out the secret to co-ed yet. Which is, let the girls shoot the ball.

Especially the PK's, right Orange Crushed? :rolleyes:

Beernuts got our arses handed to us lastnight by the UJ's...we lost 4-2...some nice goals scored in the game!
Lights out at 10pm at Charles Best, and then the flies had a feeding frenzy so I was outtie real fast :eek:

striker14

p.s. Honourable mention goes to UJ's goalie...GRRRRRRRREAT save on the PK man...very nice!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
. Cheatside chooses next, then the Beefeaters. Venue choices are...

Tuesday at Gates 6:30
Wednesday at Bby Lakes 6:30
Thursday at Kwayquitlam 6:30

Cheatside vs Slappers at BBy Lakes Wednesday

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice work on the Beernuts on the PK to hand the ball to a Niki (sp?) and tell her "You're taking it, and if you miss you owe us all a beer".
Well played boys.
:)

What's with all the flying ants at that pitch now? My kids were scared to walk on the ground there!
Nasty stuff.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Especially the PK's, right Orange Crushed? :rolleyes:

Beernuts got our arses handed to us lastnight by the UJ's...we lost 4-2...some nice goals scored in the game!
Lights out at 10pm at Charles Best, and then the flies had a feeding frenzy so I was outtie real fast :eek:

striker14

p.s. Honourable mention goes to UJ's goalie...GRRRRRRRREAT save on the PK man...very nice!!

Thanks Striker... I burned my arm on that one, OUCH !! :( .... any shot from there on was a no no for diving ... I here you guys screwed up and got promoted to Comp. Good luck :) On a good note, we got relegated :)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Nice work on the Beernuts on the PK to hand the ball to a Niki (sp?) and tell her "You're taking it, and if you miss you owe us all a beer".
Well played boys.
:)

What's with all the flying ants at that pitch now? My kids were scared to walk on the ground there!
Nasty stuff.

What was the alternative? Water? Air ? ? fluffy clouds :confused:

...miss scoring or miss the net... I think there's a loop hole, it was on net with decent pace ... I just fell the right way this time.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Thanks Striker... I burned my arm on that one, OUCH !! :( .... any shot from there on was a no no for diving ... I here you guys screwed up and got promoted to Comp. Good luck :) On a good note, we got relegated :)

Yeah...we tried our best to throw a few games here and there as we always do :rolleyes: ...but it didn't work out for us this year...DAMN!!

Re: Nikki missing and her owing us beer...it's a staple phrase in Co-ed, ain't it? We were kind and didn't make her pay up...it was a beauty shot, but as I said, grrrrrrrrreat save by Guru!!

striker14

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns vs Union Jackers: Thursday, 8:30 at Burnaby Lakes

Cheatside vs Slappers: Wednesday, 6:30 at Burnaby Lakes

Beefeaters vs BDGC: Tuesday, 7PM at Gates

Dragons vs Violators: Thursday, 6:30 at Kwayquitlam

I'm going to wager all my TTP tokens (not the 1000 000 that KNVB removed from my account) that the Beernuts find a way to stay in Group B next year. I think Slappers, Team Shadow, or Gunners will want to move into Group A.

If Slappers did not get upset yesterday, then the BDGC would have had to have won their game tonight to avoid relegation. Would have been an interesting match against Team Shadow.

Carts vs Beefeaters will be an interesting 1/4 final match. Apparently the Beefeaters might be missing players due to Nations Cup training.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
I'm going to wager all my TTP tokens (not the 1000 000 that KNVB removed from my account) that the Beernuts find a way to stay in Group B next year.

We'll try our darndest...I'm just going to forward the rules on off to my Uncle Bob who is a lawyer and I think I have a friend too that might wanna look at the small print...I wanna see the rules on how this works :p

crossing my fingers

striker14

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure Guru was trying to dive to save the PK. The way I saw it from the sidlines he just leaned a little to the right and his hip gave out causing him to fall on the ball. Nice to see the Beernuts stick with the unwritten tradition of letting a girl take the PK. Unfortunately not every team that day honored the tradition eh mr. treasurer.

I see Butter gets the pleasure of playing the Rockers in the playoffs, good times I'm looking forward to it as they have become one of my most favorite teams to play against. I wonder if they will try hard that game? Maybe I will show up without a hangover for a change and try really hard, I mean like really, really hard.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Butter gets the pleasure of playing the Rockers in the playoffs, good times I'm looking forward to it as they have become one of my most favorite teams to play against. I wonder if they will try hard that game? Maybe I will show up without a hangover for a change and try really hard, I mean like really, really hard

Well you are one of our favorite to play against too...it seems we don't even have to try against you guys...:wa:

Our girls beat you single handed...was nice to see...:eek:

I think you guys are more try hard than we will ever be...you won more games than we did....we just liked to rub it in your face a lil ...:bronco:

Does anyone know why we play at a field like Osler...thats the worst field I have ever seen in my entire soccer life....makes Kwayquitlam look like a brand new turf field...no lines on the field whatsoever...it did however remind us of what a bush league really is..

Did any team happen to pick up an extra net a few weeks back...ours has been M.I.A. we think someone may have taken it with them from Kway after one of the games there...we sit for 8 hrs drinkin beer everytime so we wouldnt have noticed if one of the other 6 teams there at that point may have picked it up.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, something in the 2006 Amsl handout guide!

Home teams are responsible for ensuring that the field is lined prior to game time. Teams that are responsible for lining the field will be indicated on the season schedules. The referee has the final say as to the field being lined. Home teams that do not line the field prior to game time WILL PAY THE FULL REFEREES FEES.

PHP:
[/Does anyone know why we play at a field like Osler...thats the worst field I have ever seen in my entire soccer life....makes Kwayquitlam look like a brand new turf field...no lines on the field whatsoever...it did however remind us of what a bush league really is..PHP]

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Superstriker, something in the 2006 Amsl handout guide!

Home teams are responsible for ensuring that the field is lined prior to game time. Teams that are responsible for lining the field will be indicated on the season schedules. The referee has the final say as to the field being lined. Home teams that do not line the field prior to game time WILL PAY THE FULL REFEREES FEES.

Just got an e-mail from a team that played the 10 am game at Osler. They were a tad confused since the team they played against arrived 20 minutes late, had no net, and did not line the field.

You gotta love this league. :eek:

People love the 2006 AMSL Rules Handbook. It comes in handy if you ever run out of toilet paper.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
People love the 2006 AMSL Rules Handbook. It comes in handy if you ever run out of toilet paper.

I was thinking cat box liner?!!

Beernuts 1 Team Shadow 1

Good pace to this one...lots of chances by both teams!
A little on the itchy/sneezy side as the field was mowed 5 mins prior to start time, with the grass not being removed...just mulched up enough as to leave large clumps of the shite all over the pitch! Lines were fairly clear, but it seems the TS goalie was having a hard time finding em' so his goal kicks were pretty darn close to a 10 yard box :rolleyes: ;)

Kudo's to TS for a double header...playing the carts afterwards and being handed a loss...hard luck!

ONTO THE GAMES THAT COUNT!!! :wa:

striker14

competitiveherewecome

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, I'm curious to know your playoff predictions in the first round? By the way there was already an upset as BDGC knocked off Beefeaters 4-3 tonight.What's your forecast for the rest of the first round? By the YG is looking for players for Vernon. We picked up 4 from Beefeaters tonight, we could always use a WISE Yoda up there!;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda will be up in vernon but it is unclear as to where, if at all, he will be playing. That's still up in the air.

My only prediction for playoffs is YG's - lots UJ's - not so much

And the wife to score another goal that i could never match...........again!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0