Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[AMSL 2006] Banter and other things.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru plays for the Union Jackers. i beleive he was summarizing their game against you guys. Not the BDGC game last night.

Not too sure who it was that took out Wade last night. But really uncalled for. YG's were up 5-0 and Wade was running for the ball by the corner flag. Dan was providing the block while the keeper provided the slide. One of them got him real good. He wasn't even in a scoring position. Ankle's the size of a basketball thanks to that one.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Wow - what an odd summary of the game last night.
Maybe THAT'S why you find it difficult to understand the summary.... the game wasn't last night, it was last Thursday :rolleyes:

nutmegs said:
Thanks for the props on the first goal - I was quite proud of it.:D As for the third goal, the little twirp that scored it was me and I believe I skinned one of your defenders and then nailed it off the near post and in, but I guess your version of the game is a little tainted.
The only thing that was tainted, was the white shirt I had to wash... soaked in blood from the guy you "skinned... did you not feel the splat of blood on your arm? What's more, he kept you in check till the elbow came up and his head snapped back... when you went by him his eyes were totally watered up, and blood dripping from his schnoz... Also, I don't think you got good look at the goal you scored. The goalie made a brilliant save on the first shot, and the rebound came right to you on the 6... he almost made it back to stop the rebound, and flew into the netting with the ball as he dove back...

... that's not just as I remember it, it's what happened.

nutmegs said:
I thought the game started off really well and was back and forth until we managed to bury a few before halftime and that pretty much ended it.
So Dan didn't run down the snowman on a break? Red cardable offence... no if's, and's or but's.... should have been a red just for doing such a classless thing in co-ed, much less in a regular game. Just a no class act!! Brutal ! ! The second goal was off side... no question... half time was 2 - nil should have been tied based on what I've just said... (assuming Snowman could finish on the breakaway)

nutmegs said:
YG actually had just enough girls to field 11 players and you should have seen the one playing center mid - she was unstoppable and the speed on her - wow!! - no one could keep up!!;)
I don't know which one you're talking about... all the girls on YG were great... without them you'd be average... kudo's to them.

nutmegs said:
BTW guru I'm pretty sure that BDGC wanted to win the game as well since that is the object in any sporting event. ;)
Point taken... most all would rather win given the choice.... my point was at what cost? If it means running down someone on a break, then yer dead wrong... you beat me fairly, I'll let you go. Wad... er #22 goes on a break, I won't take out his ankle to stop him.. not even in mens... take the loss like a man and play fair...

It's a said commentary on life when you justify a dirty tackle in the name of doing what's necesary to win... just bad form!!

Should YG have beaten us, probably, do I care, not at all... what I do care about is that I went out to have a good time and play some soccer, and ended not wanting to even be involved in such a display.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Maybe THAT'S why you find it difficult to understand the summary.... the game wasn't last night, it was last Thursday :rolleyes:

Maybe this game should have been talked about last Thursday then, and not today? Just a thought...it was confusing to me as well, but then again, that doesn't take much :eek:

Wow...game lastnight sounds like it got a wee bit nasty...I'm sorry I missed it.

I wonder what the President's thoughts are ;)

striker14

nowi'mreallylookin'forwardtodivision1...blood,guts and no glory!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Maybe this game should have been talked about last Thursday then, and not today? Just a thought...it was confusing to me as well, but then again, that doesn't take much :eek:
Sorry... I forgot aboot the time limit for responding to games. ;)

The guy that wacked Wad...er... (you know who) ... was that wank #8... same guy who wacked, and was chirping at Bored through our game... following him around, yapping like a poodle at a rotweiller... What a putz...

Hey 8... If yer reading this.... here's a word to the wise... If you find yourself in a mens game against Bored... don't yap at him, I'd keep my distance... just a friendly tip... I think others here would say I'm right about this though.

(Sorry about bringing up last weeks game again... but it did tie in with last nights game.... sort of :D )

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allright, the last four or five posts have not made one bit of fcuking sense. Can someone post a coherent summary of the recent YG-BDGC game. Jesus Christ.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Sorry... I forgot aboot the time limit for responding to games. ;)

(Sorry about bringing up last weeks game again... but it did tie in with last nights game.... sort of :D )

No need to apologize...there ain't no limit...hey, at least SOMEONE is chatting in this thread...it's been a freakin' graveyard!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Allright, the last four or five posts have not made one bit of fcuking sense. Can someone post a coherent summary of the recent YG-BDGC game. Jesus Christ.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The past posts were about the game vs the UJ's last Thurs. ... the only thing about the BDGC vs YG was #8's wack to Wade's ankle, which will likely keep him out of the start of the regular season.... Nice eh!!! Friendly little league we have goin here in co-ed ! Broken nose to frodo, swollen ankle to Wade... Who's next?

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say last nights game was nasty. There was only one ill timed challenge all game. It was a bad one that was not neccessary at that point in the game. There was a little chirping in the first half, but nothing more. It was actually a decent game. We just couldn't stop giving the ball away, that was our problem. If you give the ball away in your own half, they have a few players who can punish you. And they did. Kudos for that.

We overheard some talk from your bench before the game about the keeper having only played 1 game all year. Any truth to that? Don't worry, we won't protest, we don't want to win that bad.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trapper... very "diplomatic" of you:p

Doesn't matter how many games played... or even if they haven't played at all yet. I believe the criteria is just that he/she must be on the list handed in at the start of the season, and that they arent over the limit of 26 (?) players... and that they're old enough. 19 I believe.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh. I thought you had to play a minimum number of games in order to play in the playoff. My bad. What's to stop teams from stacking up for the playoffs then?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I'm not sure he posts on TTP anymore. His new job has monitored web use, big brother and all that.

It's guys like Nutmegs that made my decision not to play co-ed such an easy on. I've seen the guy train by kicking bamboo tree's with his shins, Jean Claude Van Damn style to toughen them up for hospital balls, 50/50's, blind dates and such. It's no fun playing against someone who is always poking eyes out with nipples, breaking guys noses with elbows... nutmegs is a disgrace to the sport let alone co-ed. The question I have is this… how short was the dude who got his nose all jammed up?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ps. I've seen Wad..err #22 and he is a bloody train wreck. He wouldn't go running into sliding keepers or defenders in co-ed otherwise. I didn't see this one, but can bet I know what happened.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Trapper... very "diplomatic" of you:p

Doesn't matter how many games played... or even if they haven't played at all yet. I believe the criteria is just that he/she must be on the list handed in at the start of the season, and that they arent over the limit of 26 (?) players... and that they're old enough. 19 I believe.

8. In all cases, every player must play at least 5 regular season league games (not including the tournament) for the team in question to be eligible to play in the playoffs in that same season.

Just to stir the pot...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
The question I have is this… how short was the dude who got his nose all jammed up?
Frodo is true to his name.... about 5'2' on a step ladder....

..... sorry Frodo... don't lose the ring :D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru...can't recall much of what you said happened last week, but I agree Dan's tackle was not a pretty sight. Other than that, though, I can't say it was a nasty or ill-tempered game. Sorry to hear about you nose, I didn't know it happened and nobody talked about it on the sidelines afterwards, so I'm not sure you can say it was intentional. Regardless, sorry to hear about it. By the way, I think Nutmegs was refering to her two goal performance last night and not against you guys last week.
She was also referring to Kvale playing on one leg last night (not the fact that we played with 4 girls against you last week). Hope that clears things up a bit.

As for the game last night, I think Trapper said it quite fairly. It was a clean and well played match with the odd piece of trash talk taking place between #8 and BJ, #8 and someone else, BJ and KVale, and BJ and our keeper (until BJ apologized to him for wrongfully accusing him of taking out Wade's ankle).

Also, #8 was nowhere near Wade when Wade hurt his ankle, so I think you need to get your facts straight before you make such accusations. It was Wade running full speed (which is pretty damn quick) with a defender (Dan) trying to stay on his tail, and a goaltender coming off his line to get the ball. Our keeper swears he made no contact with Wade at all and Dan swears he did nothing to cause the injury (kick or push). Again, it was three guys going for the ball at full speed.
It was unfortunate, but not malicious. Again, an unfair and inaccurate comment, but I'll take your word that all you said about our match last week was as you described it.

As for the keeper comment, the Carts probably heard us say that it was their keeper who only played the one game in net since Wade was always in net whenever we saw them. Wade told me he had 7 victories and one shut out. I'm sure he lost some too. You do the math. Our keeper was and is legit.

Can't wait to hear what happens at the Dragons/Cheatside match tonight. Is it going to bad kit night tonight?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
As for the keeper comment, the Carts probably heard us say that it was their keeper who only played the one game in net since Wade was always in net whenever we saw them. Wade told me he had 7 victories and one shut out. I'm sure he lost some too. You do the math. Our keeper was and is legit.

Too Legit to Quit....hey hey!!

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am the keeper. I played most of my games in the beginning of the year, before the fishing season got good. Then I was in the interior for quite a few weekends. I played a couple games on the pitch when I got back as Wade wanted to play goal while he was hurting. So that's how he got his victories.

I don't think your guys tried to hurt Wade. I just think that a tackle didn't need to be made over by the corner flag. If he's in a scoring position and the game is close, I can understand it. But the game was over at that point.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stir...

It was Wade running full speed (which is pretty damn quick) with a defender (Dan) trying to stay on his tail, and a goaltender coming off his line to get the ball. Our keeper swears he made no contact with Wade at all and Dan swears he did nothing to cause the injury (kick or push). Again, it was three guys going for the ball at full speed.
I knew it. Like I said he's a train wreck. 100 miles an hour, never in full control, head always down. It's going to happen.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Guru...can't recall much of what you said happened last week, but I agree Dan's tackle was not a pretty sight. Other than that, though, I can't say it was a nasty or ill-tempered game. Sorry to hear about you nose, I didn't know it happened and nobody talked about it on the sidelines afterwards, so I'm not sure you can say it was intentional. Regardless, sorry to hear about it. By the way, I think Nutmegs was refering to her two goal performance last night and not against you guys last week.

I only made reference to the 3 incedences in our game... Dans tackle on Snowman, the bloody nose on Frodo, and #8 after he wacked Bored then followed him up the park chirping at him... Other than that, I saw nothing .... The tackle happened midway in the first, then right away an offside goal (although it was herb, so it was nothing to go nuts about... it's expected) so it made for an unenjoyable game pretty quickly... nothing more than that or other than that....

About Wade, I wasn't there to see it, just related what I heard from someone that was there.... I'll straighten that misinformation out later... :mad:

9-1-1 You play with the Loma's ? ?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
I don't think your guys tried to hurt Wade. I just think that a tackle didn't need to be made over by the corner flag. If he's in a scoring position and the game is close, I can understand it. But the game was over at that point.

True enough Trapper. Wade's a competitor though, and he never quit, so I guess those marking him didn't want to get embarrassed. I think Wade had 3-4 breakaways, and I had a pretty good view of his back on one of them. :eek:
I wish him a speedy recovery.

Guru, I don't play with the Lomas, but a guy can dream, can't he?:)

Changing gears...What's the line on the Dragons/Cheatside game tonight? I hear that Cheatside will be playing with a depleted roster. Dragons by 2 is my prediction unless The Rob plays. If so, then I'll take Cheatside by 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0