Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh thats tame.

I didn't even see one person double fisting.

The Southsiders March is much better

Look at .14 seconds, that Grandma was scared for her life....

On a side note that Grandma may have been one of the cougars @Dude used to hit on back when he was in his 20's and would frequent New West Cougar bars...she would have been in her 40's back then?

Nice. They even recycle the empties!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh thats tame.

I didn't even see one person double fisting.

The Southsiders March is much better

Look at .14 seconds, that Grandma was scared for her life....

On a side note that Grandma may have been one of the cougars @Dude used to hit on back when he was in his 20's and would frequent New West Cougar bars...she would have been in her 40's back then?

Buss tracks on my back.

Strong maybe.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Tyne-Wear Derby looks like a Sunday School Picnic compared to a Rangers/Celtic match.

:rolleyes::D;)

Love it Jigsaw
I was at the game when Rangers came to Play Newcastle in the Fair
That Tyne-Wear Derby looks like a Sunday School Picnic compared to a Rangers/Celtic match.

:rolleyes::D;)

Love it Jigsaw
I was at the game when Rangers came to play Newcastle in the Fairs Cup in 1969.
We beat Rangers & went on to win the cup.
I remember the Rangers fans coning down onto the pitch, looking to fight & get the game abandoned.
Nobody from, Newcastle went down, but when the game was over, the trouble started.
Not a good time for the ''Hooligans'' those days.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad he scored but taking a second yellow for taking your shirt off after a goal absolutely foolish and hurtful to your team. Luckily Blondell made it 2

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blondell - best game for him as a cap, lacks pace, holds the ball up decently, steals goals from kids(Davies).

Mutch..good game. Not fully match fit but it was a positive display.

Levi will take de Jong's job...eventually.

Davies...does he play better as a sub(for now)?

@mtkb , 4-1 when Teibert starts.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT starting just reminds the others that they need to gird their loins, starting with ten men today boys all for one and all that crap...

Davies came in from Alberta, via Ontario, via Ghana, so the "homegrown" label is really quite farcical. The best they've had any real hand in developing is Dario Zanatta, and we know how that played out... I don't know what the disconnect is between the academy performances and the big club; it may have something to do with the quality of the opposition they face, or what other academies are doing in terms of player promotion, but i'm just guessing.

Re money: on the one hand, they don't actually make money - or at least didn't as of a couple years ago. On the other, their owner could absolutely afford to bring in a Gionvinco - he just isn't willing to.

The question that really ought to be asked is... why?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not defending Carl here because I thought his line-up selection was poor but the players are letting him down. His system generated more shots on goal and more clear cut chances today. I don't know how Waston missed that header! Reyna crushed the crossbar. An in-form Kei should have at least scored one goal. Minnesota hardly threatened but did get the goal.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carl Robinson in today's province: "People have their ideas and views and opinions, but my boys were great today, performance wise..."

Kei Kamara's instagram feed: "that result today was definitely not what this team is about. we are holding each other accountable and this the last you will see a message like that from me..."

Clearly there is a serious disconnect between players and coach.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
He costs more than 120k and has been a proven player and goal scorer and he’s also not South American. Love the optimism though.

We can only hope and pray at this point. haha

Here are some players who may be worth a look at imo:
Balotelli
Ben Arfa
Goetze
Mario Gomez
Carlos Tevez
Andy Glassman Carroll
Farbregas
Danny Welbeck
Keisuke Honda
Fernando Torres
Iniesta
Januzai
Hutchinson
Vermalen

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The logical one for the Caps is Hutchinson, because he fills a needs as a midfield linchpin stud, but also because MLS has pledged to help subsidize / facilitate the return of "Canadian Stars" to MLS. Well, how many legit stars do we have? One: Hutch.

I'd love to see Balotelli, we could use a little crazy, not sure if there is enough dressing room for him and Kei.

Also, @mtkb- couldn't agree more on Davies, re: discovery. The fact they claim this is a joke. They didn't discover him, and he's not home grown at all. His youth club in Edmonton deserves credit for discovering Davies and facilitating him a formal environment in which to play. All the Caps did was recruit into Residency...and yes, that was some good recruiting. Who knows if Toronto or Montreal even knew about him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0