Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky so fcuking lucky to tie 2-2. Stop at rona and pick up some damn finish. Should have been 5-1. I almost wish we would have lost so we could show the faults we have and not the courageous tie. Garbage team and garbage result. At least the beers were cold and the friends were great. This team is shite

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tried hard to give my tickets away tonight...tried my kids sports teams, work colleagues, family and friends....finally one of my brothers mates took the tix.

Don’t know what’s harder to get rid of...Canucks tickets or Whitecaps...both products are absolute shite. It’s so very difficult to support the Vancouver teams when the product is so bad...

With the Canucks garbage and the Lions the same, the Whitecaps have an opportunity to grab this city...except they are too bloody cheap to go and get a game breaker...until that happens we will continue to get out powered and play New Jersey Devils stylenof soccer...painful for anyboayibg fans to warxh

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tried hard to give my tickets away tonight...tried my kids sports teams, work colleagues, family and friends....finally one of my brothers mates took the tix.

Don’t know what’s harder to get rid of...Canucks tickets or Whitecaps...both products are absolute shite. It’s so very difficult to support the Vancouver teams when the product is so bad...

With the Canucks garbage and the Lions the same, the Whitecaps have an opportunity to grab this city...except they are too bloody cheap to go and get a game breaker...until that happens we will continue to get out powered and play New Jersey Devils stylenof soccer...painful for anyboayibg fans to warxh
Yes, it was not the best game. The 2nd goal provided excitement, but it not the kind of play that will leave a future legacy. Those of you who are more versed on the league functioning, is it possible for the Whitecaps to compete in the Canadian Premier League?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it was not the best game. The 2nd goal provided excitement, but it not the kind of play that will leave a future legacy. Those of you who are more versed on the league functioning, is it possible for the Whitecaps to compete in the Canadian Premier League?
Some of our players aren’t even good enough for that, but boy are they fast.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me put it this way...if the Whitecaps current line up would have to play against the Canadian National Team who would win this game?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno.

Doesn’t matter.

We need the league to get going. It may never quite be MLS level, but guys will get real experience.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not even on the bench! Injured?

He's out with the suck.

You've clearly been sucked in by the "he didn't hurt us tonight' crowd. I don't care if you make 70k or 700k, you'd better do more than that. Although, to be fair, I'd settle for Brek Shea "not hurting us tonight" at this point. I think even I score 5/10 of those sitters...

RT is not better than the names you mentioned because he doesn't have the creativity they possess. I need to see way more consistent creativity from them to justify their salaries, but I never see it from RT... His value peaked when he chased Robbie Keane around the pitch and drove him bonkers (I know, not the highest degree of difficulty). Since then, he hasn't helped.

Yes, I watch the games. Yes, he's been better this year. He still doesn't belong anywhere near an MLS pitch. Effort can't cover for an inability to read the game; sorry...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the game itself, they're beyond lucky for the point. Waston's ball was across the end line; if that had counted against the Caps Robbo would have been in the centre circle having a go at the referee...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
His value peaked when he chased Robbie Keane around the pitch and drove him bonkers (I know, not the highest degree of difficulty).

lol

I'd settle for Brek Shea "not hurting us tonight" at this point. I think even I score 5/10 of those sitters...

I must admit that I've been a big fan of MLS since it's inception. There wasn't much going on up here in Canada so why not follow the American's and their ambitious plans to grow the sport(mainly for themselves however). Exciting players came up throughout the years such as Donovan, Demspey, Edu and countless others. Shea was on of those players. His first few years when he sported that mohawk he was a different player..aggressive, first to the ball, good touch and pace. The bright lights of the EPL drew him in and it's been down hill since.

When it was announced that the Whitecaps had signed him I was really excited. Maybe he could regain his form after a couple of mediocre years in Orlando. What I see is an unmotivated Shea. He still knows how to get himself in to goal scoring positions but his technique has been letting him down..but does he care? He didn't show much emotion in those two blatant misses on Friday and it was his terrible pass that eventually set up Houston's go ahead goal. Lets just hold off on calling him super-sub for a while after that game. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny...I was watching Shea very closely on Friday, because I like what he brings when motivated.

I didn't see him as unmotivated Friday. He was most of those attributes you mention, but two glaring moments: the missed sitter, and that very poor square pass to the opposition that lead to their 2nd goal. Before that moment and after, his pace was great, his passes sharp and with purpose, and yes, got into the right places. I saw him essentially turf toe that shot, and I thought of a hockey player that is squeezing the stick too tight. Almost like that moment in the last match where he missed a sitter was staying with him. He just needs a goal. Aside from Shea's salary, he's far down my list of concerns for this team. Man, at $250-$300K? He'd be just fine for his current deployment. Too bad we are in a salary capped league and those numbers can be even more damning. My bet is Shea gets off the snide tomorrow with another goal.

Juarez and Filipe, at lower salary numbers, currently are way bigger issues for me. The roles they are expected to play in the squad does not equal what we are getting out of them.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Felipe will be gone at end of year, and Parker will be anchoring the NYRB back line... although I notice they haven't extended him yet, according to the salary list...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I'm a bit harsh on Shea because I really did like him as a player before. I'm hoping he turns it around. In all honesty, the guy could lead our team in goals by the end of the year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I'm a bit harsh on Shea because I really did like him as a player before. I'm hoping he turns it around. In all honesty, the guy could lead our team in goals by the end of the year.

As for Shea, your opinion is pretty much lock n' step with most, including mine for a large part. I would like this to be a good year for him where his salary becomes less of a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0