Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2017 VMSL Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Wolves now in OT. Late goal to tie it, apparently.

Good on Campo for making it a game. Gotta love football cup competitions!

Get ready TTP!

My bet is longest post in TTP history coming up in 5... 4.... 3.... 2....

A La Vic Rauter... " Make it a final!? "

All jokes aside, honestly surprised to hear it was such a closely contested affair, if prior posts are to be believed...

Any other results out there?

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will write more later but a near perfect performance from Campo for 89 minutes before giving up goal to take it to extra time. CMF scored in 98th and 119th for 3-1 win.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well played Campo!

Can't say I'm looking forward to the massive condescending post regarding this "earth shattering performance that has completely revolutionized the soccer landscape in BC and Canada as whole", but take nothing away from Campo and their players, sounds like they were full value.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone remember when Rino's took Metro Ford to ET in this competition last year?

That's right, it's been done before... But at the end of the day unless you win, do you think anyone cares?

Gotta say I legitimately do not remember that lol

#CaseInPoint

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me neither :p

Summary of Campo game.

CMF dominated possession for the whole match. Must be talking over 70-80%, and although they created chances they didn't initially trouble the Campo keeper at all, who only had one first half save to make from a free kick just before the break. Campo were playing what seemed like a 5-3-2 formation that had Coquitlam struggling to know how to deal with them, and they were looking lively on the counter.

0-0 at half time, the second half had an explosive start with the Campo keeper pulling off a great save and Campo quickly breaking up the pitch and going one up with a well taken goal.

Instead of sitting back, they pushed CMF hard and had a dominating 5-10 minutes but couldn't find the second. The last half hour, and especially the last 15 minutes, saw wave after wave of Coquitlam attacks, squandered chances, and a well organised Campo team (who were missing their best two defenders) keeping them at bay.

Looked like the upset was on but Campo switched off in the 89th minute allowing Sang Hwang to head home an ugly goal from a long ball into the box that he should never have been allowed to have.

Extra time and it was all CMF. Couldn't remember the last time Campo had threatened. Eight minutes in, more sloppy defending and Hwang grabbed a second after Campo couldn't deal with a floated free kick into the box. Full credit to Campo though who went for it in the last 15 and pressured a bit, but they went down a man for a second bookable offence (still not sure if for a tackle or shoving after it) and that was basically it, although they still continued to press.

CMF got a long range effort in the last minute of extra time for the 3-1 win.

Weird start to match as well, with Campo having two players booked for dissent in the first five minutes!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys,
Very proud of the Campo players. Managed to get ahead against arguably the best team in the province, but the most irresponsible referee that I have ever seen in the VMSL helps Coquitlam to win the game in extra time.
Yes, one referee does not even bother to show up for the first half, so we have an uknown obese guy putting up and down the flag and constantly messing our defense.
Cards given to Campo players like candy for dissent (really... really awful calls that of course have the players and our bench up in arms) including a blatantly missed penalty. Their second goal comes from another horrific and biased call. Then our striker is sent off for two yellows in five minutes (one for allegedly dissent in Spanish {are you f... kidding me?} the referee does not even understand what the player said, the second yellow for a small tap on the leg. Yes a small tap and just two minutes before one of our players was floored with a possible concussion and no card. Campo coach is also expelled and suspended for dissent.
I will do my last post and as the betting I quit TTP.
Coquitlam Metro Ford is an excellent team and I am glad that we had the chance to play them. I just wished that we would have had better refereeing.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
campo parked the bus? Don't say it's so!!! Soccer coach for you really resort to everything to that? I thought the mighty Campo were way beyond that and it takes everything away from the beautiful game?

He I have an idea...Maybe they should try that in Div1....they might have some success

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone remember when Rino's took Metro Ford to ET in this competition last year

Nope, I don't remember that either! Haha.
Tigers or the div.1 team?

Leading the top team in Prem for 89mins is something none of us predicted so well done to the Campo players.

And great recap @GoF

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's some video highlights I've stuck together from the CMF-Campo game, including all four goals. Wasn't filming it all (although may look like I was!) but got most of the main action. The video work gets worse towards the end as I'd lost all feeling in my fingers and toes by that point! :coldfeet:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some nice clips of the action!

For me, it looked like the campo goalie should have got to the ball before Sang for the equalizer. He made some really nice saves overall though!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer coach why do you ruin a great performance with excuses about refs. Takes away from it. Is it the refs fault they had 75% possession as well? Sounds like you guys almost got it done with a great team performance but maybe aren't quite on this level yet talent wise. Also maybe your players need to shut up, because he mouthed off in Spanish should it not be a card? fcuk you're a muppet.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, I don't remember that either! Haha.
Tigers or the div.1 team?

Leading the top team in Prem for 89mins is something none of us predicted so well done to the Campo players.

And great recap @GoF

Last year's Div 1 squad, or as @LION called them at the time "Rino B". It was probably a more significant achievement as they were 8th place in div1 vs 1st in premier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0