Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2017 VMSL Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a nightmare from a scheduling perspective with the Cups.

Snow suppose to continue through Tuesday, some rain forecast for late next week, but I'd be shocked if we don't lose next weekend as well...

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a nightmare from a scheduling perspective with the Cups.

Snow suppose to continue through Tuesday, some rain forecast for late next week, but I'd be shocked if we don't lose next weekend as well...
Geoff Catliff has done a excellent job of scheduling
This season not a easy job
But this winter would be be enough to drive him crazy

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trillium Park East Closed Artificial Turf Field
Trillium Park West Closed Artificial Turf Field
Van Tech AT Closed Artificial Turf Field

Weather be damned!

Little birdie told me that the Campo Dictator made his squad run regardless with an intra squad game tonight.

Word is, it was Toques & Snoods vs Leggings & Gloves. Unfortunately, the game didn't go ahead due to neither squad being able to tie their boots.

Unlucky

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
...so it is you one of the three individuals who have come to watch our practices with pad and cameras on hand since the last year...
...yes...the players have been running in the snow until exhaustion and indoctrinated to repeat to not "succumb to the capitalist, imperialist, colonial, British, 4-4-2, formation..." You can see in this video where we take the ideology and philosophy for training. There is no need to keep coming to watch the training sessions.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then: the snow has thawed and it's finally time for the Imperial Cup. That means it must also be time for my Completely Baseless Predictions!

Romania v Campo
We all know this is the Match of the Round and not because of anything to do with the quality of the football that will be on display. Fact is, everybody wants to see if Campo can get a win and book a date with Metro Ford in the next round. While I'm sure we will be made to know just how the odds are "stacked against Campo" in this one, fact is they should win and anything less will be a failure. Despite some injury concerns Campo should have the quality to see off Romania, assuming they were smart enough to sign more than one goalkeeper given it sounds like they lost one on Wednesday night. Romania have pulled off some impressive results this season and certainly won't be rolling over in this fixture, but Campo already saw them off once this season. All in all it's Campos to lose, plain and simple.

GN Sporting v Rino's Vancouver
A "meh" fixture that is tough to get excited about given it's a clash of two bottom half Div 1 teams. It is however the weakest section of the draw, with the winner moving on to face South Delta. Four of the six teams in this quarter are fifth or lower in the Div 1 table, so ultimately what it boils down to is a cake walk to the semis for Pegasus. That being said "there's a reason they play the games" I suppose and this particular game is a toss up. Each team had a win before the snow set in and GN won the only meeting between these teams early this year in Surrey. Both teams are in with a shout and will certainly fancy their chances, but I'll look to Rino's travel record to tip this one. The Vancouver lads don't seem to travel South of the river well, also losing to South Delta handily in Tsawwassen this season, so I'll take GN on home turf in this one.

Inter v EDC
Another domestic clash in this one, this time two teams from Premier. It's, again, not one to get you out of your chair, but
another one that could go either way you feel. Chile has been less than inspiring this season, but in their only game since Dec. 3 they got a massive win against Columbus, just when you felt the Italians might have them in their sights. As for Inter, they continue to sputter along below expectations. Their lone win in their last six matches stretching back to the beginning of November was against Chile, by a narrow 3-2 margin. Perhaps this match could be a kick start for one of these two teams to go on a bit of a cup run and climb the table, but I'm not holding my breath. I have to think Inter will win this game, but I continue to rely on the pedigree that they clearly did not have on display in a listless 1-1 against bottom club North Delta in their last fixture. As I've said previously, Inter do seem to get up for "games that matter" and a single elimination Cup game would fit that bill in my mind. Therefore, I'll stubbornly bet on them again in this one, possibly after more than 90 minutes.

Westside v North Delta
Upset special in this one. Westside's recent run of results has been as cold as the weather we've all had to endure. Their last win came against North Delta, but as reports on this esteemed site accounted to, they were seemingly unconvincing. North Delta have had an abysmal season to this point, no question, but I maintain that they are better than their record. In their two games between ice ages they lost a close one to defending Provincial Champions Pegasus and then drew Inter for the second time this season. While they only have the lone win on the season, coming way back on opening day, it was over Westside. The cup offers a potential opportunity for some redemption for the ND boys and I think they would be quietly fancying their chances in this one. Westside had best be wary, I think they are about to walk straight into somewhat of a perfect storm.

Rino's Fury v Pacific
The only cross divisional match up in this round has the Div. 1 Fury hosting Premier Pacific. No idea what to make of Pacific: Will they have enough players? Do they even care anymore? Perhaps they will finally amass and mobilize their UBC contingent and skip past their lower division opponents, but who would know? Pacific should win of course, but if they even leave the door slightly ajar no doubt the Fury will put everything they have into kicking it down. Rino's have nothing to lose in this one; they're the underdog and you can bet they will be ready to scrap and claw for 90 plus minutes. Everybody loves a good giant slaying, so lots of support for Rino's in this one, no doubt, and it might just be on the cards. I have to think Pacific will be motivated to avoid that embarrassment at all costs, so I'll keep my money on the top tier crew in this one, but it should be an intriguing match.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo's goalkeeper who got injured on Wednesday was their CAT keeper, so he would not be eligible for cup anyway.

I would suggest the bigger obstacle facing Campo is the fact that they've only won 1 of their last 6 matches. They are out of form.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure how this one got left out but...

NorVan v CCB Guilford
A top of the table Div. 1 clash between promotion rivals in this match. Truly though, no doubt both teams would be much happier to win the remaining league fixture between these two. NorVan haven't played much recently, but saw off GN with little trouble in their last competitive game. As for CCB they continue to struggle for offensive output; it's six straight games now having scored only a solitary goal. That's quite the tall task to ask of you defense when you cannot give up a goal and win the game. Their two games between break were against the league's bottom two teams and it was a far from convincing stuff in a 1-0 win and 1-1 draw. The second half of the season was disappointing for Guilford last year and there are signs of things heading that way again. If memory serves, last season they also put absolutely no stock into the Imperial cup and essentially used it as a training ground exercise for their fringe players. Add it all up and all signs point to NorVan moving on from this one.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would suggest the bigger obstacle facing Campo is the fact that they've only won 1 of their last 6 matches. They are out of form.
Romania will win and @Soccer Coach will commend them on how great they played. The reality is that Campo can't even get by a team in their division to then go and get worked by Metro Ford.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo's goalkeeper who got injured on Wednesday was their CAT keeper, so he would not be eligible for cup anyway.

I think that someone is uncomfortable because his two teams are predicted to be eliminated in the first round.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo does it again and beats the odds against a VERY good Romanian team. Very proud of the Campo players who put another heroic fight. They survived until the penalties with a one man deficit and came from behind on the penalty shoot out.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fake news again Rino's van sc 2-0 GN
I am not the one that predicted the losses for your two teamsL
"GN Sporting v Rino's Vancouver
A "meh" fixture that is tough to get excited about given it's a clash of two bottom half Div 1 teams. It is however the weakest section of the draw, with the winner moving on to face South Delta. Four of the six teams in this quarter are fifth or lower in the Div 1 table, so ultimately what it boils down to is a cake walk to the semis for Pegasus. That being said "there's a reason they play the games" I suppose and this particular game is a toss up. Each team had a win before the snow set in and GN won the only meeting between these teams early this year in Surrey. Both teams are in with a shout and will certainly fancy their chances, but I'll look to Rino's travel record to tip this one. The Vancouver lads don't seem to travel South of the river well, also losing to South Delta handily in Tsawwassen this season, so I'll take GN on home turf in this one."

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo does it again and beats the odds against a VERY good Romanian team. Very proud of the Campo players who put another heroic fight. They survived until the penalties with a one man deficit and came from behind on the penalty shoot out.

So undisciplined campo got a player sent off again?

Please tell us how it was a poor refereeing decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0