Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be interesting to see how VMSL handles this...

The league rules and regulations are ill worded and poorly formed. I'm not sure how they would be able to say that Burnaby played an ineligible player so they are not getting promoted, BUT they can otherwise remain unpunished. EITHER they cheated all season and then ALL their points should be removed (as the VMSL rules outline they will have committed a "Third Offense"-presumably they have committed twenty two "offenses"- and will be expelled from the league) and therefore Burnaby Metro should be relegated/expelled OR the league finds a way hide behind some sort of statue of limitations and claim that since no teams filed a protest within the specified time limits the results stand as is.

I'm banking on option two.

There is precedent though, we've seen it in college especially where teams are retroactively deducted points and had results voided for using ineligible players. Will the VMSL make that sort of sweeping example? I doubt it. As @dezza so eloquently pointed out, the league has consistently displayed a "head in the sand" mentality on these sorts of things. I can already hear Azzi saying "well the Burnaby management didn't know anything about this, the player lied to them. And the player never played any of the FVSL games anyway he just signed there in pre-season. And I know the guys at Burnaby Metro, they're good guys, they weren't trying to cheat. And...and...and...":rolleyes:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the devils get this info? Mills know this the whole time and only reported after the result?

One assumes he was ready to spring the trap. Hey, it's a big year for the FVSL they still have 3 teams playing across the Provincial competitions! ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again- and not that it matters- but what was the caliber of this player? It's a shitty way to win, but I can see a point it this player was a key player / game breaker.

More curious now than anything.

Fez08

Jan 23, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the devils get this info? Mills know this the whole time and only reported after the result?
Player in question played against us in a Bradner cup game and made some dirty tackles resulting in a red card. You don't forget a face when someone hits you in the back of the head then later kicks your player behind the play and claims it wasnt him.
He knew he had been caught when we started staring at him as he walked off once we figured out we knew him from somewhere else....and it definitely wasnt a Burnaby team.
Feel bad for those guys, no remorse for him.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Player in question played against us in a Bradner cup game and made some dirty tackles resulting in a red card. You don't forget a face when someone hits you in the back of the head then later kicks your player behind the play and claims it wasnt him.
He knew he had been caught when we started staring at him as he walked off once we figured out we knew him from somewhere else....and it definitely wasnt a Burnaby team.
Not that it matters. Illegal is illegal but is the guy in question even a factor on the pitch. If no, it makes things even worse for burnaby. Should have done their due dilligence when they signed him. Up for this years Darwin awards for sure baring tools are in place for them to take the precauionairy approach before signing someone midway through the season. Seems pretty simple to have some sort of release form in place

Asking for @Dude

Last edited:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Which team in the FVSL was he playing with? Was he actually registered under his legal name in both leagues? If so, this is exactly the issue @SmartCoach is eluding to with the lack of a centralized registration system owned by BC Soccer.

Reactions: GoF

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which team in the FVSL was he playing with? Was he actually registered under his legal name in both leagues? If so, this is exactly the issue @SmartCoach is eluding to with the lack of a centralized registration system owned by BC Soccer.

A centralized registration system would legitimately solve everything here, while at the same time reducing a costly burden on the individual leagues.

Never going to happen.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@SmartCoach your not very smart.. consitent calls all game? U kidding me? Should have been blinddumbcoach lol
I have never watched this Refree before
He did a good job on calls his linos were excellent
As I was not with either team I judge this referee
To be one of fair and good calls
You are obviously from the blue Devils
And your posts are just sour grapes

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it sounds like the conspiracy theorists can take a break, re: springing a trap.

Bad karma. Rules are rules, these ones there for a good reason.

Shitty all around....you want to see the better squad advance, but....sounds like the just rulling was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0