Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choo choo
Best one my memories on watcher is him and his coach Mr Base NK Hrvat
We played them in Div2 cup final
Mr Base came over to our players start of game
And said he knows he is going to win
It made our players play much harder than any talk
I could have give them
We did win then I posted choo choo on the tracks at point grey high school

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Good luck to all the remaining teams. Hopefully we won't see anymore issues to not make this tournament more of a joke than it already is"

Seems like he called the tournament a joke to me. Was it misleading? Maybe, so that's why I said use your words better. We good?

We good? Well I am not sure about that. Those 2 words together can be some what misleading and interpreted differently from one person to another. Perhaps you listen to your own advice and use better words too.

Just saying!

So to answer your question "We Good?" I'd have to say at the moment no.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
We good? Well I am not sure about that. Those 2 words together can be some what misleading and interpreted differently from one person to another. Perhaps you listen to your own advice and use better words too.

Just saying!

So to answer your question "We Good?" I'd have to say at the moment no.
Sure thing bud

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
You seem down.

@ dude likes to dole out the Internet Hi Fives. I don't think that will work for you so. This seems serious so I will take it one step further in hopes of cheering you up

View attachment 19077
I'm as good as one could be. My short response was due to the fact that I didn't see much in your reply, I appreciate your concern, however there is no need for it.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Completely Baseless Predictions
Men's B Keith Millar Provincial Cup
Quarter Finals: 2/3
Overall: 8/18

Semi Finals:

NorVan (VMSL) v Fraser Valley Red Devils (FVSL)
In the most bizzare half of the draw NorVan will now match up against Burnaby Metro Athletic, I mean Baccardi FC....oh sorry, no it's Fraser Valley Red Devils. The sequence of events leading up to this match are absolutely absurd. First Sarajevo were added to the draw because Shaheen decided not to participate and Baccardi FC got in because the BMSL did not have time, due to the rash of winter weather we were forced to suffer through in the Lower Mainland, to finish the League Cup. Therefore, the league awarded Baccardi the spot as they were the next highest placing team in the First Division table. The rum boys saw off the Europeans and then had to play Burnaby Metro, VMSL Division 2 Champions, who had been given a bye to the second round. Baccardi gave BC Soccer plenty of advanced notice that they absolutely could not play Saturday evening, as a teammate was getting married, but they would be more than willing to field a team anytime Friday, Sunday or even Monday where ever Burnaby boys would like to play. Burnaby insisted that the absolute ONLY time that they could play the game was Saturday night and they were the home team so "too bad, so sad" that's when we are scheduling the match. The BMSLers were forced to forfeit their chance at glory and Burnaby advanced to play FVRD Red Devils. The VMSL crew showed their pedigree and dispatched their Valley challengers with 2-0 victory. Alas though, a twist in the tale. Fraser Valley recognized a player on Burnaby as having played against them in a previous FVSL competition and reported the player to BC Soccer along with filing a formal protest. BC Soccer confirmed that the player had indeed registered in both the VMSL and FVSL and was therefore ineligible. The result was overturned and, one imagines, there wasn't too much hand wringing at BC Soccer headquarters following Burnaby 's actions in the previous round. They had insisted the rules be enforced to the absolute letter of the law with no room for interpretation and it was then a case of "live by the sword, die by the sword" when the same stance was taken with the shoe on the other foot. Thus, it came to be that FVRD Red Devils would contest the Semi Final of the B Cup. NorVan, for their part, have just been winning matches without the extra curricular drama. The VMSL Div 2 Cup Champions had promotion and a league title within their grasp, only to run out of steam due to fixture congestion down the final stretch. They look rejuvenated now though, confidently dispatching BMSL Champions Sierra in the previous round. Take nothing away from FVRD, but the reality is they don't technically deserve to be here. They lost; and yes the other team "cheated" but from the accounts of the match it doesn't seem likely that the player in question had a material impact on the game. Now it's true that it doesn't matter how you get here, just that you get here, and certainly FVRD could rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and win this one (anything can happen on game day, "insert cliche here" ), but NorVan are in great form and here on merit alone. I'll back the North Shore boys to make the final.

Poco Royals (FVSL) v Vancouver Greencaps (VMSL)
Match of the Round here as the FVSL Division 2 champions take on the Cinderella Greencaps. The VMSL crew have taken on all comers to this point, dispatching teams from the VISL, BMSL and FVSL on their journey to the Semi's. They've done it with flair as well, posting and aggregate score of 11-3. Poco on the other hand have been grinding out results, first with a greasy 1-0 over rivals Langley following their first round bye and then they prevailed on penalties over Serbia in the quarter finals. So it's the old battle of offense versus defense and let's hope this one delivers a classic. The saying is that defense wins championships, but Greencaps are free scoring at the moment and look in the mood. Can Poco come out of their shell? Or would that lead to a Greencaps onslaught? One has to think that an early goal for the Vancouver boys would break things open, while the longer it stays nil-nil, the more it favours the Valley boys. It's a toss up, but who likes boring games? I'll take some goals and a Greencaps win in this one.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan win 2-1.

Not a great match but NVFC better side throughout. Took the lead with a dipping shot from about 40 yards out that went over keepers head. FVRD tied it up before the half latching on to a long ball and slotting home.

NVFC had the better of second half chances without really threatening. You felt next goal for either side would win it and Norvan got it with 17 minutes left when the keeper didn't hold a free kick and they buried the rebound.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer should schedule Bacardi vs FVRD this weekend and postpone the semifinal for that side of the draw until next weekend
I like ur idea but unfortunately barcardi forfeited that game without playing them. What if fraser valley picked Saturday as a home game too??

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont think you read it properly. He was Calling BC Soccer and teh way they handle this stuff a joke. Not the tournament or its participants
He did mention bc soccer but I think he miwrote the last part wrong where he says "making this tournament more of a joke than it already is". Just a bad way he wrote it

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan win 2-1.

Not a great match but NVFC better side throughout. Took the lead with a dipping shot from about 40 yards out that went over keepers head. FVRD tied it up before the half latching on to a long ball and slotting home.

NVFC had the better of second half chances without really threatening. You felt next goal for either side would win it and Norvan got it with 17 minutes left when the keeper didn't hold a free kick and they buried the rebound.

Agreed.

FVRD started very brightly with some early pressure and half chances, but by the 10 minute mark NorVan had asserted their superiority. The North Shore boys were getting around the back down the right flank and if the NorVan striker had a left foot he surely would have opened the scoring as he was allowed to cut across the top of the 18 on multiple occasions; it was just begging for a left footed curler, far stick. Never happened though, as the VMSL man continued to drag his shots wide. There was a massive gap in the FVRD midfield behind the strikers and their plan of attack seemed to be simply knock it long to their strikers and hope for the best because the attackers were completely on an island. All it took was one touch by any of the NorVan defenders to break up the play and the move was over as there was no support coming from behind from the midfield. NorVan then opened the scoring with a high shot, dead centre from 25 yards out. The FVRD keeper was caught flat footed and the ball sailed over his outstretched arms while he was rooted to the ground. Really shouldn't be getting beaten from there on a shot like that. Just before half time though, the FVRD jail break worked as their isolated striker was able to get behind the NorVan defenders and calmly played it past the onrushing goalkeeper. Classy finish. NorVan nearly instantly reclaimed the lead, however, after they again got behind the FVSL boys down the flank. The cross was cut back to a wide open man in the box, but his first time effort slipped agonizingly past the far post.

The second half was a bit drab. NorVan didn't seem to have the legs for it and, rather than stick to the passing game that had brought them success, they were happy to trade long balls with FVRD. The VMSL team was having the better chances though and should have taken the lead on a couple of occasions, but the finishing was woefully inadequate. The winner came when, as referenced previously, the FVRD goalie completely bottled a NorVan free kick and spilled it for a tap in. The North Shore boys really should have put it beyond reach, but the finishing continued to be poor and the Red Devil keeper marginally redeemed himself with one nice diving save. A few scrappy half chances for Fraser Valley to get things level, but nothing guilt edged. NorVan onto the final.

Reactions: GoF

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some highlights from Norvan's win. First two goals came too quick and from pretty much nothing to fully capture, but have the celebrations and the winner!

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Greencaps over Poco. Horrible weather but enjoyable game.

All the goals in first half. Greencaps took lead then Poco tied it up two minutes later before Greencaps went ahead again with what proved to be winning goal.

Poco pushed hard for equaliser late on having a good penalty shout for handball waved away and a header headed off the line in stoppage time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts