Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get out?

That's horseshit.

I mean I cannot personally confirm it, but I heard that, per a player from the squad, they have turned down the spot. Again, not sure how that works, as you would think the league would say "too bad, you are going up, sort it out." Apparently they have several players going to Masters next season and after watching Burnaby get pumped all year they are not keen on suffering a similar fate. Supposedly they told the league that if they were win the Division again next season that they would then go up.

Could all be BS I suppose, but I have no reason to doubt the guy who gave me the info.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ll stir the pot a little...

Maybe Westcoast won’t be allowed to take promotion as they’ll already have a team in the Premier division. One of the teams currently in the division who aren’t getting relegated are moving across to Westcoast after becoming unhappy with their current club. I hear it’s all agreed at this point, but who knows though?!?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ll stir the pot a little...

Maybe Westcoast won’t be allowed to take promotion as they’ll already have a team in the Premier division. One of the teams currently in the division who aren’t getting relegated are moving across to Westcoast after becoming unhappy with their current club. I hear it’s all agreed at this point, but who knows though?!?

On this, I heard a very interesting rumor from my ASS, and if true, will giggle and giggle because it's one that I suggested when the season started and it was evident WC would not field a Premier squad. That said, I like this rumor, and I hope it comes true. I think it'd be a great fit.

@Canucks4Ever - I have to agree with you that the current weakness in the FVSL, erm, constitution, is it's inability to enforce squads to take their promotions. Really, the Rangers started this. (@Rangerforever , LOL, it's 2002 all over again) Not the fault of the current Executive that those donkeys then decided on the yellow brick road instead of taking promotion, like, three years on the trot. That said, the VMSL seems to be a hard line on this, and yes, it makes for some creative club moves in the off season, and mergers, and "sales", but they are at least using known bylaws to circumvent situations.

On one hand I get what the FVSL is doing...they are trying to attract over quality VMSL clubs like Surrey United, and to do so, there needs to be an incentive. On the other hand, the promotion / relegation system loses merit.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until it’s written down that you must accept promotion I think it’s up to the teams and really think that’s the way it should be. Some teams just don’t have a talent. They win div1 and then cant compete at that higher level. It changes a team too much as those fringe players who could be friends and can play in the lower division now have to be replaced. It’s beer league soccer and should more be about playing in a group then cutting your friends and bringing on other players. Some people just don’t give 2 shits to move up to “challenge themselves”. In deltas case they have many that played premier already and are just happy to play with friends and have a blast which I think it’s all about. Remember it’s all only rec league soccer, even the premier league. This system has also worked out in favour in the past. For example coastal was the worst team in Prem last year mustering like 3 wins and should have been relegated but managed to keep a prem spot and this year delta won the league. Total different team but if the lines were drawn they would have had to play div1 this year. So the league did get stronger by infact not relegating the worst team last season. Like it’s been said before it’s all the Rangers fault....getting hammered by prem teams cause u have to move up isn’t what this should be all about. Until there is money to be earned ( not by paying coaches, I mean paying players) or they make a super league combining the top teams in province its all just a rec league that we’ll all tell our grandkids was way better than it is. I know I’ll catch flack for this but don’t care. Hope you all enjoyed your rec soccer this year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are getting old. That wasn't nearly as inflammatory as past Dope posts in your younger years. Dare I say you mixed in some periods to break up your thoughts and sentences, and even made sense.

It's about time.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well dude. Having been on a team that had the best group I'd played on then playing in prem I realized after that having that wicked group is really what it's about. To each their own really. Some bleed whatever dumb colour their jersey is and others are out there for the game and a good laugh with pals. I realized after that group folded that I was the ladder of those 2. that's why I think if your doing what works for you then just do that. I'd also like to thank you for reading my full post, as before ud hit respond after my first run on sentence and chirp about how dumb it was. We're all growing up I guess .hahahaha .

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
In other FVSL related news, just when it looked like promotion/relegation would be straight forward, you remember this is the Valley where rules are optional. North Delta and Westcoast who finished first and second in Division 1 are both eligible to be promoted given that they are not associated with any team already in Premier. Per the league rules, Burnaby Firefighters look set to be relegated and replaced by North Delta while Westcoast should be playing off against Chilliwack for the final spot in the top flight. Easy peesey, right? Well I am hearing rumors that North Delta have declined the promotion, which is apparently a thing. So where does that leave the rest of things? Does Westcoast automatically get Burnaby's spot and Chilliwack are now safe? Third placed Port Moody Gunners B are technically ineligible to come up, but fourth placed Langley FC would be eligible, so to they get a chance to playoff against Chilliwack? I won't get into what's the point of playing in Division 1, knowing that winning the league means promotion, if you are not interested in testing yourself at the next level...

Looks like the league has settled in the middle with Burnaby on the schedule to playoff against Westcoast for a spot in Premier making Chilliwack safe.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Aldergrove continue to give themselves a chance. Last year's Prov Cup finalists refuse to tap out after an absolute garbage season that saw them follow up a title winning campaign with a 6th place league finish in an 8 team league.

Waiting in the wings are Abby Utd. The Eastern Valley boys are hoping Aldy fall flat on their face against the already qualified Surrey Utd. A win for the former VMSLers in the Pakenham Cup final would mean Abbotsford qualify for the Provincial Cup, while Aldergrove must hoist the trophy in order to play in the post season tournament once more. Port Moody Gunners have qualified based on the fact that Coastal will play Lagnley in the SC Cup final.

Nevermind how an 8 team league has 5 Provincial Cup spots...that obviously makes sense. Best of luck to Aldy and Abby.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dammit, was hoping your post would generate something in the way of dialogue. You know, I'm trying to become a fan of the VMSL, but my heart is in the FVSL...but @knvb et all (including you players & coaches that are so afraid of posting something that will end up on the locker room wall) you guys make it so goddamn hard. Worst promoted league on the planet. Seriously, is there somewhere, anywhere to get FVSL Prem news?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm so web stupid even that almost passed me, till I remembered what Myspace was. Nice.

Apparently Aldy won again, and are in the finals vs. Surrey United. Won and looked good. No idea who's pulling the strings there right now, I'd suggest by Midget Hildy's second half season surge he's back in form and the team now has some depth, but really, no fcuking idea. I am going to give @utah a pass, he's always been barely able to read and write anyhow. But there are others that have at least a grade 7 education and can formulate sentences.

Playing Surrey United in the final, pretty good little story there that again nobody knows SFA about.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some good matches coming up this weekend on FVSL cup day. The league always puts on a good cup finals day. Aldergrove will be in tough against Surrey. But with their strikers in form in Aldy, could be an upset. Surrey United is the clear favorite in that tilt.

Langley vs Coastal are always good tilts. Lots of good players on each side. The Hicks brothers in net with younger brother David getting the upper hand last time they met. I’m sure conversation at the dinner table is fun after those games. Who does dad cheer for?

Wagner and co always have a top side in the league and with some of the pick ups they made this season, they will be a tough team for any one they get in provincials.

Hopefully the weather is nice and the beer garden gets rocking.
Langley vs Coastal At 6pm.
Probably the best match of the day if I had a vote. ;)

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0