Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2016 Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV Flying horses over 35's would love to thump your team. Let me know when and where and we will bring our own camera guy. I don't trust your editing. We were top 6 in div 1 masters. Ok we were 6th. Give lots of notice. Some of our retired guys may need to make the treck back from palm springs.

Now can we please start a new thread if you want to start up a thump Campo discussion. This is for Imperial Cup, which Campo was not in.

As you were.

1) You can send me a private message, and we can arrange a good game. I just have to warn you that you will be running a lot, and it might not fun for you at your age on this heat. I will try to put the older guys from the other teams to level it up a bit. This does not count as the challenge, but I will be happy to arrange a game with some of our guys.

2) I was not part of this thread until some of your fellow brought our club into the thread. I guess our cup and celebrations were more interesting that what happened on the Imperial Cup field. What do you want me to do? keep quiet?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
First go pick up your dog's shite from Burnaby Lake you loudmouth joker. I even called you out but you decided to play dumb and keep walking. Right where the kids were playing behind the net.

I'm losing my mind
You know. All day, I was wondering were this comment was coming from, because I did not had the dog with me, and I thought that you must have been confused with another dog of person. Now I know what you are taking about. There was nothing to pick up. I am sorry, Stringer. I am really sorry to break it to you, but as they said. Haters are going to hate and complain no matter what.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since you seem to have all the answers @Soccer Coach then tell me this:
Why SHOULD any of these top 6 teams play you???

What do they have to gain from it? It's an exhibition, winning or losing would be entirely irrelevent. Let me just give you a reality check, you have absolutley no business demanding a top team play you. You have zero clout when it comes to this. You very well may be the best team ever to play in the VMSL, but there are no shortcuts. You could play and beat all 6 of these top teams and guess what? You are still going to play in Division 1 (assuming you don't bottle it) next season. No one is going to turn around and give you a berth at nationals. If you want to have those opportunities then earn them, instead of coming in here a throwing a tantrum like a child who cannot have what he wants.

You may play like a Premier team (or better in your opinion), but it means nothing until you work your way through the same trials that everyone else had to go through. For now maybe just enjoy being Div 2 Champs and focus on getting promotion and winning the Provincial B Cup.

Dude. Read the context. Some of you take things so literally, that I baffles me, and truly start to invent or twist things in manners that I could never imagine (Strinker been the classic example) Of course for those teams playing Campo, is a lose-lose situation for them, and no one of them will agree.

The point are simple: a) Premier level has gone down over the last few years. B) Division 2 and Division 1 have improved and become more competitive.

I understand that a team has to pay its due and follow the system. No problem with that. However, having a system does not mean that the ones are vastly superior than the ones at the bottom. I saw the Imperial Cup Final and to tell you the truth, I was not impressed. I really expected more from the players and teams. THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT of the argument. They are not that good (or at least how it used to be, in my opinion)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are Div 2 teams allowed to enter the Imperial Cup?

Attachments

• IMG_20160404_204101.jpg
    IMG_20160404_204101.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20160404_204038.jpg
    IMG_20160404_204038.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with @dezza on this one, start producing some solid evidence. Fact is I'm 99% sure you're just changing your "whole point of the argument" now that you've been penned in.

You have stated, and are smart enough to have known all along, that teams from Prem etc. have no reason to play Campo (or any other Div 2 team) so calling them chickens and insulting their integrity is quite frankly beneath you.

Keep trucking along and soon enough you can call out these teams for how they have performed against you. Right now, accept that you and Campo are nobodies when it comes to Prem.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the level has gone up in recent years in premier. As Reedie mentioned. The players are technically better these days.
And they are getting better coaching coming out of youth compared to "dads" coaching in my time. (HPL now, every club has TD's and better coaching available)

All old guys think it was always better in their time. But I don't believe that's the case. The game is a lot faster now. At least from what I watch. Would anyone agree here?
Metro Ford is stacked with Talent. Same with Westvan. What was not impressive? Any certain player or aspect of the game?
Lots of these guys play at UBC and sfu etc and have gone far in recent years on those levels as well.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The technical level might be better but that's the only thing. Nowadays, there is no heart, desire, loyalty or even mental toughness and also there is no real rivalries like there used to be. The imperial cup had maybe 200 people watching, I remember going to numerous games 11-12 yrs ago that had almost 400 people and it was just a league game. I'd rather watch a game from that era than today's era any day of the week.

On another note, why can't VMSL do a cup day like FVSL does it? Beer Garden and all?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach, what year do you consider the last that VMSL Premier was at its strongest? Which team(s) impressed you the most then?
I really do not know why people get so upset when someone has an opinion. I did not follow year by year to determine which era was the strongest. However, I did like the years around 2005 to 2010. I really could not tell you the names of teams. I liked Columbus (i.e. there was bold headed central defender, Croatia {good keeper} with an overweight coach, and Inter (I assume since they played in Adanac, a very good short midfielder, and good defense}. In enjoyed watching the games that I randomly saw. They seemed more intense and fun to watch. Once again, this is my view and others might differ. I also thought that around 1992-1996, the Surrey teams were very good. Not my style, but they seemed to battle very hard and impose their style on others.

Now it seems everything a bit more mellow. But perhaps I am idealizing the past. I see less passion and intensity in the games at the top, having said this, I do have the strong opinion that some teams in division 3, division 2, and division 1 are very good (i.e. Burnaby Athletic, Strikers, GN, Norvan, Snipers, Harps, Guildford, North Delta, Westside). I am particularly impressed with Burnaby Athletic, Guildford, and Westside.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with @dezza on this one, start producing some solid evidence. Fact is I'm 99% sure you're just changing your "whole point of the argument" now that you've been penned in.

You have stated, and are smart enough to have known all along, that teams from Prem etc. have no reason to play Campo (or any other Div 2 team) so calling them chickens and insulting their integrity is quite frankly beneath you.

Keep trucking along and soon enough you can call out these teams for how they have performed against you. Right now, accept that you and Campo are nobodies when it comes to Prem.

Calm down. It is my opinion. I am not changing arguments, and if I do so be it. It is part of dialectic discussions. In the same way that I held the opinion that Burnaby Athletic would held his own with a Division 1 team, I do believe that current Campo players could held their own with the Premier squads. Nothing wrong with having these opinions. If you disagree it is fine. (I add some colourful remarks to have you all up in arms, but it is jut an opinion no need to get that disturbed).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I add some colourful remarks to have you all up in arms, but it is jut an opinion no need to get that disturbed
You are a shitty troll if you can't make up your mind what type of response you want to elicit here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no soccer in Surrey? This is where I lived and I would see very strong teams play there.
But we are in the Imperial Cup section of the site, i.e., VMSL and Surrey teams had ZERO to do with it in that era. But I will tell you this, when the Surrey teams did make the jump, they struggled mightily with one of them not surviving the first year and Surrey United barely fought off being relegated.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The technical level might be better but that's the only thing. Nowadays, there is no heart, desire, loyalty or even mental toughness and also there is no real rivalries like there used to be. The imperial cup had maybe 200 people watching, I remember going to numerous games 11-12 yrs ago that had almost 400 people and it was just a league game. I'd rather watch a game from that era than today's era any day of the week.

On another note, why can't VMSL do a cup day like FVSL does it? Beer Garden and all?

Your right on those points. Its a different generation. The kids coming up don't have the drive that lots of guys did year ago. But times have changed. People seem busier now a days. Kids are struggling to find a first job and need a diploma to pump gas it seems.
10-12 years ago it didn't seem the struggle was as hard at age 22. I know I wasn't looking at housing prices and saying, "I'll never own my own home" - its just a different beast now a days between school, work etc etc.
Let alone the gadget time, and gaming etc etc. 11-12 years ago we are talking pre social media etc etc. Times are just different now, and now the kids go home and text each other or something.. lol.
We HAD to stay in the changerooms to connect etc years back. Its just such a different time, and it will never be the same.
Guys need to step up and build club culture here. It is surely lacking with the kids these days though, and it shows on the pitch some nights. Perhaps its the parents fault of the now a days kids? where is the mental toughness? why can't they take a veteran laying in to them? (anyways, whole other topic not for this thread)

FVSL does an amazing cup finals day, been like that for years. They are doing lots of things right for sure.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has changed and drastically. I am now 31, played Valley prem for GEU for 7 years from started when I was 17 playing against lots of the names on here. When I started it was an older group of guys, I was the youngest by a long shot, everyone was 28-35 and the games where quick but not bullet fast, hard flying tackles and the boys were not boys they were men. They whole league has big and tough. I took in a premier game a few weeks back and its miles ahead of what it was. Speed and technical its far superior and its young men, lots 21-22 with a few Vets if that. The game has picked up and is a more "entertaining" but the toughness has been replaced with cries of fouls and wanting cards and penalties. I don't see it changing much for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0