Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2016 Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from last night for those who care:

Metro Ford 3-1 (AET)
Peg 1-0
Trollups 7-1
Norvan 1-0

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What did they save up all their energy the whole season for an imperial cup run? crazy[/

1-0 metro Ford with 10 seconds left we score equalizer to go to over time
We shut down golden boot leader Carlo Basso 23 prem goal our centre back who just return from 2 seasons of injury was magnificent
In over time there fitness showed
Hard to handle a team that plays all out for 120 mins
We are very happy with the way our players came together now to play better football

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta 3-1 Metropolitan
Inter 2-0 Pacific United
Langley FC 3-2 Columbus

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarterfinals

Metro-Ford vs North Delta
SU/Sarajevo vs Inter
Peg vs Langley FC
West Van vs Norvan

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in todays cup game NK vs Rino's Cat side. Nice soccer over all. Rino has lots of youth A positive in my view. Both sides played very well, very few shot on to net most shots were blocked by the D. NK head bit more play due to skill of three in the back line. Second half NK head bit more ball control. Final sore was zero zero on went PK's chobby NK midfielder and strength of the shots from first three NK PK takers was not matched by Reno's guys NK moves on. Outstanding play from Mike, Anthony, Sal,Brian Sam and # 14 and left D showed tons of skill both keepers played very well.
Twins on Rino's side play nice soccer with bit less moves could have won the game. Nice to see Old friend on Rino's side line.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 2 - 7/8
Overall - 11/14

QUARTER-FINAL PREDICTIONS:

Metro Ford v North Delta
Predicting a good game here. Coquitlam, having essentially tied up the league title with their big win over West Van last weekend, can now focus their attention on doing the double. They should be well warned about Division 1 opponents after they were pushed beyond 90 minutes by Rinos in Round 2. North Delta for their part are no doubt relishing a chance to take on the team at the very top and continue to demonstrate they belong with the big boys as per their Provincial Cup run last season. ND have hit their stride winning 5 straight since a reverse to Westside right after Christmas. That being said, they have not faced a top Div 1 team in that stretch with their toughest test coming from son-to-be Div 1 Rinos Tigers. The fixture list ahead however, is a true gauntlet with Columbus and two mammoth games against Guilford to finish their schedule. Certainly if they can run those games they will have earned their promotion. For this weekend though, perhaps they have one eye on the upcoming matches and any sort of let down will surely allow Metro Ford's quality to tip the scales.

Surrey United v Inter
I am tossing the MOTW tag on this one and was leaning towards giving it to Inter until their appearingly uninspired loss to Langley this past weekend. As mentioned ahead of the previous round, both these teams are no doubt keen on a strong cup challenge to add some gloss to otherwise banal seasons. Both league matches were tight this year with a 1-1 and 1-0 for Surrey so expect a close one. Surrey is in form at the moment after comfortable wins over inferior oppenents in Sarajevo and Rinos Tigers. Inter had been on point after a league loss to Coquitlam with a pair of cup wins over Westide and Pacific, but the backslide against Langley was unexpected. So I am going to go with the league table and recent form and say Surrey comes out ahead when the dust settles.

Pegasus v Langley
It all came crashing down for Peg this weekend when they slipped up against Chile. That, combined with Coquitlam's win, has all but ended their title challenge (Metro Ford need only a solitary win in their final two games to clinch mathematically). It was a surprising reverse against a team well below them in the table, albeit Chile I suppose had a few linger relegation fear to motivate them. Langley, for their part, took care of upset sweethearts Bingers in Round 2 and then dusted off the cobwebs of a listless season to beat Inter seemingly routinely at the weekend. Peg took both the league meetings this season and I'll bank on the Surrey boys pulling the old wake-the-sleeping-dragon routine here as the Imperial Cup is all they have left to play for until Provincials.

West Van v NorVan
A north shore derby provides the only really interesting story line to this one. West Van's three-peat is for all intents and purposes out the window after their defeat in Coquitlam. NorVan were condemned to relegation when, combined with other results, they failed to win at Richmond. Perhaps they give it one last monumental effort to prove that they will be looking to bounce right back next season, but the reality is West Van should have the quality to advance with little trouble. That would put all four seeded teams into the semi-finals.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Inter knocked out SU 3-2 yesterday.

Semis are set:

MetroFord vs Inter
Langley FC vs West Van

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 3 - 2/4
Overall - 13/18

SEMI-FINAL PREDICTIONS:

Metro Ford v Inter
I made the mistake of not trusting my initial gut and sticking with Inter over Surrey in the Quarters. Inter have followed their hard fought victory with a tidy performance against Pacific. Coquitlam meanwhile wrapped up the League title with a decimation of Croatia this past weekend. Metro Ford took care of business at home vs. Inter earlier in the season 3-0 but were held to a draw in their last meeting just before cup play began at the end of January. This fits Inter's profile of getting stronger later in the season. I'll have to tip this one as MOTW as I expect a quality tilt between two teams with champioship ambitions. As tough as it is to bet against Metro Ford after their irresistible performance at the weekend, this is Inter's chance to prove they are that team from the Provincial final a year ago. It really could go either way, but I'll go with the upset and give the Vancouver boys the nod, taking advantage of a slight champioship hangover from the Coquitlam boys to make the difference.

Langley v West Van
It appears that Norvan gave their North Shore counterparts more of a run out than anticipated in the last round before the West Van boys showed their pedigree. Langley meanwhile has been on a bit of a tear, taking care of Inter in the league, followed by their cup win over Peg and then a comfortable victory condemning Rinos to a winless season. The Valley boys are also in a battle for that final Provincial cup spot (assuming allocations have not changed), though they appear to be in pole position to see off Pacific and Chile, depending on how their INC game shakes out. Quite frankly I think Langley has gotten farther than they would have anticipated in this competition. Don't get me wrong, they are full value for making it to this stage, but being in the semis may be a victory in and of itself, despite a guaranteed Provincial birth for making the final (assuming now that the way the VMSL allocates its spots has not changed). This is all West Van has left now that their title hopes are officially over, I think they want their name on this trophy and back them to put themselves into the final this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0