Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace Hurtado is a kid for Right mid a guy with speed off of a start. Playing him as a striker is not the best spot for him.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
O trace he is darn good. Strong fast can shoot. He just needs a one on one coach for a year to mold little things in his inner mind. When to do serain thing whe not. Rest he has.
But again who the hell is going to teach him on Caps. Coach is all over the map. Tacticly most time out to lunch.
Maybe in five years if he gets a chance to coach in MSL. Caps will not give him that time if his wins do not improve in the League.
Reseves coaches played in VMSL an OSL. Montreal sure gave New Zilander a leson how not to coach. We will see next three games what they do. It might be a long season if they do not add a true Mexican stryker or some one that can score a goal when Croacker gives the 100% ball.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado's speed really came in handy when he would lose the ball, because he was able to track back so quickly and foul the guy who stole the ball off him.

Mattocks continues to get in the right spot to put the ball in the net... but doesn't. Still think seeing a guy at least get in to a spot where he can/should score, is better than watching Hertzog and Heinny try to emulate Camilo on every shove and elbow, while generating zero chances. Hassli>Camilo>Mattocks>Hertzon>Heinn. Doesn't look like Miller will be seeing the pitch anytime soon.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As has been mentioned previously, Rennie has been out-coached too many times at this level, most recently by Colin Miller, who was able to make the most of limited resources despite being screwed over by dubious officiating.

Einstein's definition of insanity depends heavily on the stupidity of people to keep trying the same thing but expecting different results. Having a player like Hurtado who consistently runs head-first into his check and not doing anything constructive with the ball fits that definition. Whitecaps have to stop buying into the MLS model that says big college players who can run quickly in straight lines are the only ones worth drafting - it's complete and utter bullshite.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never in life. Hurtado is crap.

Sneaky bastard. Start over Mattocks was the full sentense.

IMHO, both are crap.

Maybe they need to keep giving Corey Hertzog minutes up there. He seems unspectacular, but he's produced. Another option- bring up Caleb Clarke from the reserves. Can't be any worse than Mattocks. I'd be fine if they shipped Mattocks out now, while he still has some value...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't mind seeing what Ben Fisk can bring us. He may need a few years with Charelston to adjust, but he's producing at all levels so far, perhaps he could be our key academy guy.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't mind seeing what Ben Fisk can bring us. He may need a few years with Charelston to adjust, but he's producing at all levels so far, perhaps he could be our key academy guy.

Apparently he'd have to be playing for the Railhawks first...:rolleyes:

Ben is a good kid, and not just because he came through the club that I coach at. Would love to see him get a chance.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace Hurtado is a kid I cold mold him in to a Lion. Same goes for Mattocks. It takes a coach that knows how to mold kids to have power house team.Spitting kids out like little dogs is not the way. So far I like one thing about Rennie, He is adding youth. With youth it takes time.
They need to pay a guy to spend time with Hurtadio and Mattocks and Salgato to calm them down and to teach them how to stop for a split sec and focus on number one job. And that is score a goal and track back defensivley. Hurtado thoes trackt Mattocks has no clue. Salgato is good defensivly needs to work on how to be a go to guy and work on headers. Small things make the players good. Same goes for the other two youngsters.
We are on the right path it just needs a steady ship with out motter mouth.Ben is two years away from playing with a first team. Getting a chance is not going to be easy.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was pissed off with the two brodcasters Caps use. Both are negative. No one cares what they say. We all care about our team. Todays game kid up front was lost. He runs allover the place but when he needs to make run to sand the ball home there is nothing left in the talk. Timing is somthing he must work on. As the only guy forward he played the game totaly wrong. A goto guy must stop the ball and control it and then uses wide man to make that run. He truly has no clue how to do that. He can run but game smarts are not there. Coker made thee fantastic crosses low along the turf. He must get to those balls or he is wasting a good run. Leveron made two top notch crosses. Big sub upfront has to fight his guy and get to that ball. That ball was 100% ball for scoring a goal. This is why we lose games. Solgato has more smarts than all those guys put together. I truly hope he gets a chance again. Again for fifteen minutes we looked good. That's not enough for MLS level. Can not blame coach in todays game. One on one marking in the back is way to lose.

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was pissed off with the two brodcasters Caps use. Both are negative. No one cares what they say. We all care about our team. Todays game kid up front was lost. He runs allover the place but when he needs to make run to sand the ball home there is nothing left in the talk. Timing is somthing he must work on. As the only guy forward he played the game totaly wrong. A goto guy must stop the ball and control it and then uses wide man to make that run. He truly has no clue how to do that. He can run but game smarts are not there. Coker made thee fantastic crosses low along the turf. He must get to those balls or he is wasting a good run. Leveron made two top notch crosses. Big sub upfront has to fight his guy and get to that ball. That ball was 100% ball for scoring a goal. This is why we lose games. Solgato has more smarts than all those guys put together. I truly hope he gets a chance again. Again for fifteen minutes we looked good. That's not enough for MLS level. Can not blame coach in todays game. One on one marking in the back is way to lose.

My god, who hacked MB's account and posted intelligibly???

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beli you remind me of Croats that came here and still wave the flag. Could be Sid but not. Do't you like Vancouver?
As you can see. Rennie has not figured out yett, that his old keeper will coast him a job. He just does not know how to come off the line on time. He never gets to crosses. Number one thing. Bobby must fine and MLS keeper.
Number two they need a goal score not kids running around like chikens with no head. Sad but true. Coker creates five very good chances each game. Kids just can not score.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps vs. Galaxy announced as a sell out. Does the casual fan realize that Beckham is in Paris? :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting line-up today for the Caps:

Camilo - Mattocks - Kobyashi

Koffie - Davidson - Reo

Rochat - Leveron - O'Brien - Lee

Cannon

---