Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could have been worse. Rusin was not the problem. Bad reffing is the problem. Cokers card took him out from playing like he loves to do. That gave Portland more space to attack. Taking Hurtado was a mistake. Portland was romming through that area after Hurtado got taken out.
Mattacks played like he did not care. The other youngster is better in my opinion. He should have gone in for Coffie.
Small things get us. In my opinion problem is more in goal keeping than any other area. And second far tomany personal changes from game to game. It kills the flow of the game. Brasilian was fantastik in todays game. It looks like to me that coach has tomany guys telling him what to do. He needs not to lisen to all that. Go with gut feeling normaly he will do better. I hope Bob helps the coach and brings in a MLS keeeper.To me that alone is the biggest problem we have.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Miller going back to home land to play for Rangers? I heard there is some talking of him moving back. We have the best trainers here I just can not see him out for this long due to h-y pull.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's not fast enough for the relay squad, so they're sending him back to Scotland, rumor has it we're in the "running" for Usain Bolt.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't be true.....Lenarduzzi said he was 'pretty sure' that wasn't happening but he was going to talk to him just to find out? WTF? That was on the news last night. Good stuff.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain we need slugs with brain. Any more speed and they will totaly spin out. Just watch the game against Bulls with Coker on the side lines. I think we will be spining in a high geer. But you jus never know who Mr Rennie will start in that game. Soon we might be last place in our group if some guys do not start thinking the game.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain we need slugs with brain. Any more speed and they will totaly spin out. Just watch the game against Bulls with Coker on the side lines. I think we will be spining in a high geer. But you jus never know who Mr Rennie will start in that game. Soon we might be last place in our group if some guys do not start thinking the game.

But in this league you don't exactly need to be the best team before the 'playoffs' as we've seen in the past, maybe that's what Rennie is trying to do, put in a mediocre league performance and go all out in the playoffs :rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy-Jones so that's the reason Miller is sitting out. He does not want to show his skill. Got none why worry. Add just a new keeper MLS level. We might even get in to semifinals.
One more Coker and one more Hurtado and we will have the cup. Skill or no skill.
We first must beat Red Bulls and that' not an easy task. Backs will be watching the game. I am sure Hurtado is on his list for 2015 team.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACC Final vs. Montreal

Must win in regulation, or take a 0-0 all the way to pks. (score tie = loss on away goals)

Lineups:

431940_10151623764373794_2073427196_n.png

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, out coached again?

The only good things in that match were camilo, a mention/comparison on air to doug muirhead, ad the look on rico's face when the camera was on lenarduzzi blabbering away about something... priceless :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, out coached again?

The only good things in that match were camilo, a mention/comparison on air to doug muirhead, ad the look on rico's face when the camera was on lenarduzzi blabbering away about something... priceless :D

OK, but for Christ's sake, is it not time to get an effing keeper? Seriously? The amount of set pieces that go in on this team are diabolical, and 1/2 of those appear to be the types where a great keeper will make a save. Knighton, on the second, looked like an idiot, for not only failing to organize his posts, but for tripping over his own legs to even attempt to dive over.

There must be some second string Premier or even Champions league keepers overseas, with pedigree, that the Cap's can allocate their marque player money towards.

It's long past laughable now.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DEVASTATING... for Rennie. Since when did leaving the post unmarked on CKs become a "thing"?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully this loss will force some changes. Caps were overhyped in the off-season and have been shite for a long while...

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was nice of Davidson to duck under their player for the goal too. Terrible sub to put Harvey out there, where is Manneh? Get a guy who will run Montreals old balls into the ground.

Thought Teibert could easily have been MOTM too.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert is one of the few, if not lone, bright spot on this team.

Management decisions have me scratching my head, not just this game but all season...

You're up 2-1 in a game that a draw means you lose and you stop attacking, sub a forward for a defender??? and not even a stud defender, a left back that gives people heart attacks every half hour on the park... and then he misses two glorious chances (essentially sitters) which would have won the game.

If Miller had to come out, put in Matt Watson into the mf and move Daigo up... or adjust accordingly but this playing to protect leads and cleansheets business has to stop.

Koffie getting hurt was the TSN turning point imho.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
About Davidson...what photos of Rennie with goats does this guy have hidden away somewhere for him to continue to get playing time? FFS, he is anything but a hard man in the middle. This guy should never, ever, ever start ahead of Kobi, RC, and Koffie. Ever.

And Dutchy..bang on! You could see that with 20 minutes left, Manneh would have been a fantastic sub, for exactly that reason!

You know, another coaching change now sets this squad back two more years, but I seriously doubt Rennie has the courage to play attacking football, and meanwhile, his game day selections leave too much to be desired. This one should never have been in question.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know JBN, I disagree. There are a lot of brights spots, far more than the past two years. Problem is, the bright spots are ruined by game decisions.

O'Brien has been very good. Leveron is more than good enough for us to forget about missing Demerrit (besides, if I were him, I'd be too busy trying to keep Ashley under wraps...anyhow...). ReoC, Maneh, Kobi...hell, even Kenny Miller, for what he has contributed, looks good. The squad is better, too bad coaching ****s it up.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert is a bright spot in as far as under the watch of Rennie. Nice to see this kid playing instead of rotting on the bench as he did under Teitur and Soehn.

Koffie isn't playing as much or as well as he had prior, and the guys liek O'Brien and Leveron and Reo Coker are doing as well as expected... I could manage those guys- they all look the part skill, attitude and professionalism wise.

Your manager is supposed to get the BEST of the guys given to him, play a brand of the game that matches the rosters skill set and drive results through effective player selection, substitutions and tactics adjustments. Rennie right now imho is not delivering, yet another V's cup goes begging, and we're 3-4-4 in league play.

The V's Cup has to be the single easiest championship in professional sport to win, it was a 2-4 team competition for a decade and had been a 4 team tourney for what 3 years now? Not 1 single title to our credit...unacceptable.

I'm not advocating for yet another coaching change- we don't want to be TFC ffs... but a change in the coaches decision making and view on his man management and tactics is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0