Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My problem is at least Mattocks was in position to royally fck up those opportunities, Hertzog and Heinn wouldn't even have gotten there.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You might want to share that with Reo C then because his looks skywards and to the bench suggests he's not on the same page :)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think with Reo Coker we finally have a player we can build around. He has been getting better every week and at his age he can be a staple in the mid field for years to come. I like the push back at the end but I am really getting frustrated with our inability to defend set pieces and our lack of quality on our set pieces. Open play we looked pretty good.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few things were quite clear watching the match live. Nigel Reo Coker is our best player, I would like to see him drive forward like he did in this match. I didn't realize he had such a good first step, but he gets his half yard and whips in a great ball everytime he takes someone on. Second our best center of the park is Koffie holding with Reo-Coker and Kobayoshi infront. Daigo cant play out wide he needs to be given the freedom to play behind the striker and create. If he isnt performing I would have Davidson holding with Koffie and Reo-coker in front. Third, Cannon is not good enough. One reason we are shite on Set Pieces is Cannon has no prescence in the 18. He is a small keeper, slow and cant kick it with his left foot. He needs to be upgraded, and if Leveron isnt going to hack it we need someone else starting beside Obrien. Mattocks, man he could have had 4 but the positive is he got in the right positions obvoiusly. I agree he needs to finish but only he would have got 2 or 3 of those chances. I still see a young guy that has some tools and can improve but cant be our starter if we want to be a playoff team.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with bulljive but one thing missed in my opinion is how well manneh did yesterday he used his speed and skill to get a lot of balls into the box and thought he made a great impact. NRC was fantastic yesterday

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lack of bite on set pieces is a huge problem that can't be understated. When teams play the Cpas now, they know there will be at least one goal given up on a corner or free kick. Worse, the Caps themselves know. This is where the squad really misses Demerit, obviously. I'd like to see Russin take a break and Leveron in that spot. Clearly, Russin isn't a hard man, and everyone playing against him knows it- so what do we have to lose? If Leveron brings more quality to the park, then it's worth the change.

Finally, totally agree w/ Regs, the Mattocks experiment has to end. I don't know what else Camillo needs to do to show he should be starting up top. Hopefully Miller comes back in and is able to pick-up where he left off.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude let me put it this way. Caps need an MLS keeper. Joe is good on a good team. Less the an avrage on a team like Caps. Caps play Mattocks all game nothing happens. Hurtado sits, I personaly think coach has got bit much of wax in his ears or he does not like Spanish players. They all get a ticket out of here. If Hurtado was given a same chance as Mattocks he would have five goals.
But that's from a Canadian that thinks we should have four Canadians on the pitch each game. We ould have twice as many wins. Croaker said it well. Chances must be put in and goals must be saved.
Caps played fifteen minutes the way they should at MLS level. It took the sub to show them what attacking with pace does to big D teams.Team was not ready to play ninty minutes. That motivation has to comes fom a coach. He needs to shotup and show.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having Canadians on the team has nothing to do with winning and has everything to do with helping the national team and as a business the caps shouldn't care about that. As a cap fan I want to see wins with the team on the field. Don't get me wrong It would be fantastic to see our National program actually be able to beat important teams, but when i go to BC Place or watch on TV I want Caps results. On a positive note we broke the indoor record in the 4 x 100.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade I rely do't care about National program. Only god can help that missmanagment program.They reword loserses with extra three year contracts. They just pay each other nothing to do with wins. Onlu U 17 coach is realy in to National pride. And it showed.
With Caps I just think it is coaching mistakes that result in Caps losses. Mattocks does not score in two games third game he must sit. Youngster like Hurtado has to be given a chance. Youngster like Sagado has to be given a chance.
Coach wants kick and run shyte. Just look at his Natinal side and you will see it does not work.
We must look at Mexico and countries that know how to play ball. Moter mouth is nothing more than a gummer for a job.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what was written there, but I think you'll see Salgado in the fold getting meaningful minutes as soon as his National duty is complete.

Heard Miller is out another two weeks with the hammy, so really, he's out another month, as it'll take 1-2 weeks of training to get match fit again. Bummer, he was playing well...hopefully the injury doesn't see him losing that step he gained in the offseason.

Can't say I'm a Hurtado fan, but he deserves a start over Mattocks right now. Shame, that for strikers, it's come down to this. Maybe Dallas will tarde big E back? They don't seem to want to use him either.

Meanwhile, Robbie Keane is coming to town. **** me...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Entertaining game last night vs FC Edmonton, Mattock again with lots of chances and no goals. Heinemann was a busy body but didn't bring to much but work ethic to the table. Im really like Manneh on the outside he creates a ton of trouble with his speed and he has a nice touch. Hurtado again with speed and a bull like run, but unless its a sprint he just loses the ball. If we put a line up like this against Montreal were surely going to get thumped in the final, although a somewhat meaningless tournament that we won't win (CCL) it would be nice to get some hardware and get this Canadian Championship chip off our shoulder. Oh and what a goal by Hertzog!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky for the Caps that Edmonton's defense was even more shite than the Caps' strikers. If Hurtado can't even get it done against a Div. 2 team like the Eddies, how is he going to do it against their real opponents? I'm sure there are lots of VMSL teams who would love to have a runs-so-quickly-in-a-straight-line striker like him:rolleyes:, but even more that prefer their players to have at least a bit of a sense of creativity.

The only real positive that I saw from this silliness was that some of the guys who normally live on the bench finally got a sniff. Not sure if I heard this right, but did Dolan say that some of the players on Edmonton's roster are from the Whitecaps' academy? If that's actually the case, there might be an an answer for "where does the local talent go?"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0