Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Masters Provincial Cup

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
complete.... and total.... joke

this isn't their home field nor is it their home park. the league booked it. care to chime in with anything useful here?

Because if they didn't schedule it here at this time, what excuse would you use for losing? :cool:

#VMSL

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really PCOV/ VMSL? 7:15 kick off in Vancouver on a Friday night for a provincial cup game? What happened to the league and teams placing importance on Provincial Cup? Im sorry, this is brutal.

We wanted Burnaby Lake at 9pm which are the normal home game times for us. The league said it wasn't available. South Memorial was available and the reason for the early start was because the lights have to be out by 10pm due to neighbor complaints and in case it goes into extra time but you guys got this one in the bag. The game is actually at 7:30 not 7:15.

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We knocked them out in the quarters one year and in the 1995 final 3-2 ... huge brawl in the stands @ Towncentre with Will Azzi doing the play-by-play - I have it on tape :)

I think Drew Ferguson was running things back then and I recall they had a coupe of guys who played in the CSL?

Post on YouTube for us all to see?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK so quarterfinals schedule is as follows

Friday Night:
Poco vs Sapp - Gates Turf 7:30pm
PCOV vs Coastal - Memorial South 7:30pm

Saturday Afternoon:
Columbus vs Powell River - Burnaby Lake #3 2:00pm

Sunday:
North Delta SC Rangers vs UVIC - Delsom Turf 12:00pm

My Picks:

POCO
PCOV
Columbus
UVIC

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial Cup games used to be considered important and a bit of a reward at the end of your season... Home teams were good hosts for the visiting club... Saturday and Sunday afternoon matches created an opportunity for others in the soccer community to actually go watch and create a bit of an atmosphere! How did plastic surface and Friday night lights take over? After all these years, the VMSL still breed a culture of arrogance and ignorance? Is Bronco 300 lbs yet? Has Yoda or Studsup played a minute?

CoastalFC&NDRangersdon'tstandachance!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial Cup games used to be considered important and a bit of a reward at the end of your season... Home teams were good hosts for the visiting club... Saturday and Sunday afternoon matches created an opportunity for others in the soccer community to actually go watch and create a bit of an atmosphere! How did plastic surface and Friday night lights take over? After all these years, the VMSL still breed a culture of arrogance and ignorance? Is Bronco 300 lbs yet? Has Yoda or Studsup played a minute?

CoastalFC&NDRangersdon'tstandachance!

yes

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus with a big home field advantage vs the Riv with a 2pm sat kick off. River boys gonna have to be up early for the 5 hour trek to the main land. Unless they leave Friday night.

div1

Mar 2, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The River guys have travelled all their soccer lives - the getting up early won't hurt them, nor the partying if they go over the night before........now Columbus - well, having seen them play a couple times, I do hope the River boys eat their Wheaties - it will be a very tough game for them as Columbus is obviously one of the top teams whilst Powell River is just happy to get a game in.....hopefully 11 guys can make the trip, heard there was a fight about a picture that got leaked out to the net and it has caused some internal fighting.

Good luck to all the teams this weekend.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Powell River vs Columbus on Burnaby Turf will be race. Or a chase. Hope they have their track shoes on.

And yes Guinness. I have got a couple minutes.........in the warmup.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness, how come whenever you post these days, it is with so much anger and loathing? It can't be healthy. Who hurt you?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, you win one Provincial game you had no business winning and look at you going off.
Funny how those bring guys out o the woodwork.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has Yoda or Studsup played a minute?
Guinness, Yoda is being humble again, as he actually played a ton of minutes in Poco's opening round game against Howe Sound. Hats off to PCOV as the scoreline doesn't flatter Roma, PCOV was definitely deserving of the W but even they would admit the game was closer then what the scoreline shows. PCOV will also be missing a few key guys tonight as they got injured last week, so Peace Arch could pull off another upset! I'm still a little confused about WV last week not going with Johnny Canuck in the pipes. After all from what I had heard he was scooped up just before the trade deadline from Columbus on the promise that he was going to be the main guy in net come BC's?:confused: Was Johnny Canuck just a rental player or will he be back with WV again next year??? My picks for this weekend are
-PCOV will somehow find a way to eak out a win over Peace Arch.
-POCO finds another gear after the scare they got last week and beat Sapp by a couple of goals
- Columbus takes care of the River men, but at least the PR boys get to enjoy a Saturday night under the big City lights!!
- North Delta also does in UVic in Overtime.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0