Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Masters Provincial Cup

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well what can you say; up 1 buzz and dominating....just couldn't get that 2nd goal that would have been lights out for PR. They had a 10 minute stretch in the 2nd half and they nicked one. We weren't really panicking and thought we'd still get our 2nd. Most of the possession but couldn't get it. Extra time was much of the same....hit the post...off to pk's...they scored more. Good guys and well chuffed with their win.
All due respect to the PR lads and their enthusiastic fans.....but I can't see them going any further. Mind you, they may if they're playing at home......not an easy road trip.
Ref was fine, pitch was ok but a bit bobbly.......wouldn't have minded playing them on the turf. All the best to e remainder......praying we make this ferry.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So next round is set:

North Delta Rangers vs UVIC
PCOV vs Coastal

Columbus vs Powell River
Poco vs Sapperton

Good Luck to all.

Can anyone who knows game times please post them here?
Please maximize the scouting options for everyone. :)

Poco vs Sapp Friday 7:15 Gates

westsidemassive

Apr 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Few observations for the Powell River vs. Westside game that DANCIN BEAR seemed to omit.

1) Lack of disrespect by rolling into the park 10 minutes before kick off then ask for more time to get ready.
2) PR had a lot of chances including two breakaways and some near misses ( as did Westside)
3) Nicked one is a bit of bollocks as Westside were wobbling for a large portion of the second half.
4) If you can't see PR going further what does that mean your chances were.

Next time maybe don't roll into town thinking your in for an easy day...the result looks good on ya. Your lack of respect in your game summary and the glaring omission of details is self-serving and reflects the poor attitude in which Westside obviously approached this game.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Few observations for the Powell River vs. Westside game that DANCIN BEAR seemed to omit.

1) Lack of disrespect by rolling into the park 10 minutes before kick off then ask for more time to get ready.
2) PR had a lot of chances including two breakaways and some near misses ( as did Westside)
3) Nicked one is a bit of bollocks as Westside were wobbling for a large portion of the second half.

Next time maybe don't roll into town thinking your in for an easy day...the result looks good on ya. Your lack of respect in your game summary and the glaring omission of details is self-serving and reflects the poor attitude in which Westside obviously approached this game.

1) So lack of disrespect means we had respect then? We took the only ferry we could take ya wanker!
2) PR had a lot of chances?? A couple...maybe. Most of the game, they (and I say 'they' because I have a funny feeling you were the drunk plonker yapping your trolley off during the match and have never been on a football pitch before,) were mostly pinned in and resorted to punting the ball.
3) Wobbling.....yes, we had a spell when we were unorganized (10 minutes) and adjusted. Extra time......PR (read: not you, as you were too busy wondering how you were going to nick your next pint) were hanging on for dear life.
4) Our chances were pretty slim.....I guess we were sitting on our high horse wondering when the next team that could win all 4 trophies was going to happen. That's not going to be you ya plonker.

Oh, and Guiness (that liked the post)......it's not you either ya cnut!

To the PLAYERS in PR. A quality bunch of boys. Good luck and to all the rest as well. Personally, I need the rest.......except to say that I will be there for the Columbus game......and, ahem, the Coastal/PAU/Whogivesa****game!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow.

that was always going to be the best time we were going to arrive. it's 0'35 donkey, everybody has kids, and frankly could give two shits and a **** to get up for a 7:20am ferry. had nothing to do with respect....ful stop.

end of the day...i thought the powell river lads on the pitch were class and deserved the win for the effort.
you'll do extremely well to keep the scoreline within 5 next week. but i'm sure you'll get there an hour before to warm up for it.

as for westside. i'm sensing an end of an era...again. somehow, i have a feeling we will find a way to recover.

sorry for the lack of numbering and/or bullet points.

westsidemassive

Apr 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancin Bear...wow what an articulate bit of dribble. Hey I will send you a ferry schedule...and a box of kleenex. Although you most likely prefer a deep fried mars bar for your sunday dinner, scottish style.

By the way, I am not the person on the sidelines but ironically you will now be one of those people on the sidelines. I am glad to see your use of "c" words matches your view of yourself and the game you played....misused and inconsistent.

Peace out
Ali G

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This got a bit acrimonious, but it is good to see that WSmassive and DB have made up:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well then I guess I got the 'PR lads were class' part wrong. Like the other lad said, it's only the final result that matters. I woke up this morning not entirely gutted that it's over. To be honest, winning the league cup was more than we deserved for what was a miserable season for us.
Ali G, you woke up this morning in Powell River......

Good luck to all teams the rest of the way.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Given your history, and Westsides recent history in Provincials and Canadians for that matter, I'd have to still say they were better than yours.

This may draw a bigger crowd to the Columbus vs PR game than first thought. Everyone's going to wanna get a glimpse of these boys and see what all the hub bub is about.

Good Luck!

westsidemassive

Apr 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing Queen (my Julie sure loves ABBA) I always find it humorous when someone is of the opinion they taking the high road while at the same time calling someone a "c". Funny ain't it. You took the piss a bit, come on just admit it will be a cleansing experience for you, and you got called on it....obviously it hurt your feelings. I got a good laugh at your response and instead of feeling the need for a good spooning. Move on.

I do appreciate your concern about waking up in PR this morning. It was tough waking up to my hot wife, viewing the ocean from the house, and then driving the five minutes into work. Hopefully things get better for me.

Anyway a good rant and some banter all in good fun...

Ali G...respect

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing Queen (my Julie sure loves ABBA) I always find it humorous when someone is of the opinion they taking the high road while at the same time calling someone a "c". Funny ain't it. You took the piss a bit, come on just admit it will be a cleansing experience for you, and you got called on it....obviously it hurt your feelings. I got a good laugh at your response and instead of feeling the need for a good spooning. Move on.

I do appreciate your concern about waking up in PR this morning. It was tough waking up to my hot wife, viewing the ocean from the house, and then driving the five minutes into work. Hopefully things get better for me.

Anyway a good rant and some banter all in good fun...

Ali G...respect

Lee,

I wasn't taking any high road mate. I gave a brief synopsis of the game, which I think if you were being honest with yourself, was accurate. My (drunken) rant, was in reply to your point form response to it. Football's a funny game and credit to your mob for hanging around. You got the result and in my opinion, we only had ourselves to blame. Anyway, you're moving on and good luck to you mate. The marathon has just began for you.

I write this looking at the mountains and ocean myself......and thinking about your Julie;)

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone's going to wanna get a glimpse of these boys and see what all the hub bub is about.

In all honesty there isn't much hub or bub to see.

The PR boys, the ones on the field that is, were cool all around. They worked hard but for the most part we controlled the game. The first half was one way traffic but we managed only the one goal. I could (should) have scored our 2nd but the keeper made a very nice save. I think the players on the field understand what was going on. The fans can say whatever they want.

2nd half we made some changes and the run of play evened out. They managed a goal from some good work and got an obvious boost from it and started to look better than they did in the first half.

After 10 minutes I thought the game was going to look more like 3 or 4 buzz but give PR credit for doing what they could to keep it close.

Good luck to PR in the quarters but I think Columbus will make it to the semis

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0